The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thurston's manipulation routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Hello all,

I don't specialize in manipulation, but I love it and mix it in with a lot that I do.
I've been reading Steinmeyer's book on Thurston lately which had got me into practicing my card manipulation specifically; and I've been focusing on Thurston's five card vanish and reproduction (as well as Ross Bertram's 5-0-5, which I can't do well at all).
It got me thinking, is there an outline anywhere of Thurston's card manipulation routine anywhere?
I'd love to learn it, just to practice and be doing the same moves that Thurston was.

Thanks
Courtney Kolb
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Get the DVD, Jeff McBride - The Art of Card Manipulation Vol. 2. It will have what you are looking for. While you are at it, buy all three volumes. You will not be disappointed.

Be prepared to practice a lot on this routine but it is well worth the effort.

David
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Thanks David.
I have the DVD and I'm getting pretty good at the 5 card vanish and reappearance (Ross Bertrams tenkai palm version is okay, but keeping the cards aligned at the reproduction is killing me).

I was more thinking of the whole manip act that it was a part of. I've been told that it is mostly in Thurston's card tricks book (which I have) and a Walter Gibson book (which I don't have) and mostly consisted of single card productions and transpositions. No split fans or anything like that.

I'll definitely be sticking with with split fans. I thought it was very interesting that he did his manip, then immediately went into his famous card rise and card scaling.
I like the idea of doing a manip routine and going right into a powerful card revelation like the card rise.

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I was thinking it would be cool to do a more up to date short manipulation act, done to light music with commentary sprinkled here and there throughout flowing smoothly into a fast paced multiple revelation like Annemann's Omega card routine or one of Aldo Colombini's multiple card revelations like "Fireworks."

This might be common, but it's very different from the type of manipulation I do.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thurston's manipulation routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL