The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Product Review from World Magic Shop » » Wizard Product Review 46 - 6-4-2011: (Dresscode, PSI Poker, Starlight, International Pocket Change) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Korhan
View Profile
Regular user
Istanbul, Turkey
105 Posts

Profile of Korhan
New episode is up:

Link to show - Click Here!
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
I don't own any of these (so I'm not sure if I get to vote or not).
Based on video of the effects, I've got to vote for Dresscode. International pocket change looks great though; I'm sure I'd actually perform it more often. But Dresscode takes my vote.
MichaelGristMagic
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
68 Posts

Profile of MichaelGristMagic
Although I haven't seen the effect, pocket change sounds very cool. Ill have to see a demo of the effect before I make my vote. Tbh psi poker just confused me but agree that poker players might like this. I actually really liked starlight for some reason but could the card when examined by spectators be held up to the light again without revealing what just happened? Dresscode looks great and would probably suit me. Its a tough one to decide which is the best product this week! Smile
Magic is propar class like hew! Smile

"Pick a card"
"why?"
"So I can find it"
"why?"
"Because I can..."
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Holy c**p,a swe shift with a phone and wallet,priceless!
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
cydermaster
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of cydermaster
Anybody else see the irony in Craig talking about dresscode while wearing *that* jumper! Smile

Not sure about which is worker of the week but Elliot's trick is Dad/Uncle-Magic of the week.
Korhan
View Profile
Regular user
Istanbul, Turkey
105 Posts

Profile of Korhan
International Pocket Change is a bit expensive for a coin in pocket prediction. Also can't see how quickly you can set the gimmick in demo video.

PSI Poker is for poker players only. Not my type.

I can't just believe Craig couldn't work Starlight out.

I liked dresscode, I can use that if I wear shirts in the summer. That's my worker of the week!!

And please don't wake up Craig & David just for the show.. David couldn't even open his eyes there.. Smile
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
694 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
Elliot looked like such a nice guy!!!
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1130 Posts

Profile of APC
My problem with PSI Poker is that it is quite off in terms of the dealing procedure. I understand poker "themed" tricks, but since this tries very hard to be exact, it doesn't sit well with me for some reason. In reality, you deal two cards to each player, burn one card followed by the flop, burn another card followed by the turn, then burn one more followed by the river. I think this would work better on an audience that has a little knowledge of poker but doesn't actually play.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1260 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
PSI Poker... yikes.

Not good for someone who doesn't understand poker, and not good for someone who does.

Not sure who this is geared towards.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Either way....I desperately want to play poker with Craig and David!
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
Now I'm sure: PSI Poker really sucks. Thanks for the demo guys !
shadowman
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of shadowman
Quote:
On 2011-04-06 18:18, fvdbeek wrote:
Now I'm sure: PSI Poker really sucks. Thanks for the demo guys !

I Agree.
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
Quote:
On 2011-04-06 13:14, Magicsquared wrote:
PSI Poker... yikes.

Not good for someone who doesn't understand poker, and not good for someone who does.

Ditto.

Sure like the t-shirt switch and pocket change effect. Each should share the worker of the week. Sure a routine could be figured out with them combined.
Illusion & Beyond
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Illusion & Beyond
Look at John Bannons Power of Poker for an excellent poker routine. Easy to follow and you can even have a instruction card to show ranks of the different hands.
jsheas
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of jsheas
Didn't care to much for the sarcasm and condescendence toward that fellow at the end. Reminded me of something high schools kids would do if they had a video camera. If you are professional magicians be professional at all times, especially in front of the camera. Just not cool.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2655 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2011-04-06 10:10, Korhan wrote:
I can't just believe Craig couldn't work Starlight out.

His dumbfounded/amazed schtick is starting to rival that of Jon from the L&L videos. Smile
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
604 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
Quote:
On 2011-04-06 13:14, Magicsquared wrote:
PSI Poker... yikes.

Exactly. There are no "points" in poker and the dealing procedure would look extremely strange and unfamiliar to anyone with more than passing knowledge of poker. Burn three cards in a row and then no more? Huh? Dave's comment is right on target -- it just seems as though you're dealing cards out until they match your prediction, and it will seem even more so to anyone that understands poker.
jaybest
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of jaybest
Totally agree with all the comments here about PSI Poker... those who know nothing about poker will be lost, and those who do will think you have no idea what you're on about.
magic soul
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
126 Posts

Profile of magic soul
I think going by the clips dresscode should win worker of the week.As for craig looking shocked by the trick starlight he's not the greatest actor ha ha I've also seen him on other wizard product reviews.he either doesn't knopw much about magic or he's doing it for the camera.This may sound harsh but I don't mean it to be just my opinion.Going by the clip of star light I presume it works like the old hofzinser see thru card.So maybe the info is seen when held up to the light.And then I seen the name of the trick and that sounds even more like I could be right unless you where joking and you where sending it up because you thought it a bad trick.
andy
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2639 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Craig has stated multiple times that his reactions are genuine when he sees things. These guys have NO problem trashing something (and even allowing someone to set it on fire and videotape it) when they don't like an effect. If they don't like it, they're not going to try to hype it and sell you on it.
He's not acting.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Product Review from World Magic Shop » » Wizard Product Review 46 - 6-4-2011: (Dresscode, PSI Poker, Starlight, International Pocket Change) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL