The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Palm Zipper Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
Hi!

I would like to show you a simple vanish of a coin. It is a part of my "Palm-Pocket" Routine however weird it may sound to you SmileThe idea is that there is a pocket in my hand and I simply zip the pocket - that's why the coin vanishes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhrSYJJ9ssA

R.
UK Close-up and cabaret magician based in Scotland - www.radekmakar.co.uk
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
That looks great!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
andrewdodds
View Profile
New user
Bay area, Ca
75 Posts

Profile of andrewdodds
I like it
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Perfect for YouTube... or one-on-one with a very small audience.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
I'd rather say its really nice for table hopping:) angles are practically the same if not a bit better as in Alchemy:)
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I can see this vanish used for coins thru the table
very nice Radek
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Octarine Prince
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Octarine Prince
I LOVE IT!

It's one of the few things I have seen lately that made me laugh, in a good way.

It's like, I can see what he's doing (I think), but can I? Did he really vanish it like that? Haha, OK, so I don't know for sure, but it's cool!

That's the internal dialogue. Palm zipper for the win.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Very nice. Loved it.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
Thank you Smile I'm surprised when I watch it too haha Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
It's clean, effective, impromptu and sure to amaze. What's not to like? It's another winner in my book, plus you got a nice cross section of strong personalities from varying parts of the magic spectrum and all quite positive on this. Smile

Good job Radek, way to comeback strong my friend. Hard to keep a good man down, especially one that provenly has some good creative bones to him. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
R
Love the name and the vanish. This makes having your thumb and finger on your palm of the hand make sense now.That in itself is a step forward.
I too am still concerned about angles.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
Thanks guys, looks like many people's concerned about the angles.
It must be said that the vanish is not as easy as a pie. Unfortunately Smile
The best set up of the audience is them sitting in front of you when you are standing. Doesn't really matter if you are performing for people sitting at a table or a regular audience in small "theatre" or parlor conditions. To be honest from my point of view the miracle doesn't happen in magician's hands but in spectator's mind. Really! It's all about how you justify the hand movement. There has to be a reason to slide your fingers on the palm like that - that's why I invented the zipping motion and it works perfectly.
Back to the angles - so, when the spectator's in front of you there is nothing you need to worry about. If there's plenty of people running around you I suggest using something different to vanish a coin. Sorry to repeat but it is exactly the same thing as with Ben Seidman's "Alchemy". It is a great effect but you just need to wait for appropriate conditions to present it and when you do, the spectators will go mental Smile

The vanish is a part of my Palm-Pocket routine and I invented it for that particular sequence so that the impact of the vanish is even stronger! Smile
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
I just realised I forgot to mention, that this vanish is my take on "New Era Coin Go" from Bobo's.
I believe this makes the angle aspects of the vanish clear at least for those who are familiar with "Modern Coin Magic" Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Palm Zipper Vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL