The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Jiggernaut (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3133 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Anybody else use this one? I'm curious if anyone has altered the handling any and if so what changes did you make?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I used it, as is, one evening at a restaurant/bar situation and it went over pretty well.

I used it as described. Seemed good to me.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
Toluca Lake CA
701 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
I use it all the time. I use it the same way too but I produce a lemon at the end.

Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1280 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Brad, I like the idea of producing a lemon at the end, do you then use the lemon for bill in lemon? Or is it just for this effect? Smile
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3133 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I didn't think that the jigger was quite big enough for a lemon, I will definitely have to try that one!
Thanks
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
Toluca Lake CA
701 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Ya bill in lemon, or just the lemon, your choice.

If I am not doing bill to lemon I use fab fruit.

A lemon does not fit inside the jigger. Smile

But it does seem to come out from it. Smile

Does anyone else use the jigger to do other things?

I have been trying to use it in other ways, like I do jiggernaut, then put it aside for the moment. I then do some coin stuff then vanish the coins and make them reappear under the jigger. Or a sponge ball, I think the jigger has a lot of cool stuff you can use it for.

I want to get a jigger made that the inside of the jigger is solid, kind of like the okito box that is solid. At the end the jigger is solid and you can have a good laugh.

I went to a antique mall, and found a bigger jigger than the one jiggernaut uses. So now I can use a little bigger things under the jigger for the finals.

I do the olive things, then produce the corks, then a lemon, then another lemon, they make a free choice of with lemon they want to use then cut it open to find their bill.

Brad

Lets see what we can come up with for this trick?
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I worked out some ideas using an Egg Cup that works well... I also found three LARGER old Jiggers at a garage sale but haven't worked out anything with them as yet.
Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
mrmetropolis
View Profile
Regular user
who has only made
155 Posts

Profile of mrmetropolis
I designed a gimmick to fit inside the Jigger to produce liquid at the end. And, if you produce a shot glass in the middle of the routine then it is a rounded routine. Good luck. Smile
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary, for those who do not, none will suffice".-Joseph Dunninger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4wL5fX3xGQ
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
I bought it to mix Vodka for my drinks, just kidding. I'm only 17 Smile
Anyway, I just use it with the storyline given because I believe it gives a good reason for the objects used.
The idea of the lemon or something else too big to fit inside is a good idea.
Smile
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1549 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Use it all the time in the restaurant. I do the routine as taught, just adjusted the patter to fit my personality.

It is a great routine, one of my all time favorites. Smile
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
It is a FANTASTIC EFFECT!!!!!

I love my jiggernaut, the only thing I have added is a 3rd cork, that slightly is larger than the jiggernaut so it sticks inside it, then I place the jigger on top of the other 2 corks and tap it, the third fals and you have a nice pyramid sort of thing which is taller than the jigger itself.

The stacking of the corks adds to their size by making them seem so tall and big compared to the jigger.

I have also been toying with producing salt, a lime, and some liquid, but haven't found any easy to reset methods....
Dave Schutt
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Dave Schutt
Has anyone found a source for replacement olives?
One of mine got away!
Dave Schutt
Charlotte, NC
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1549 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
The easiest way to replace the olives is to go to a crafts store like Michael's or JoAnne Fabrics and buy some plastic fake green grapes. They cost about $5 for a bunch. Obviously, you want to buy a bunch that has the look of an olive.

Cut a round hole in the top of the grape. Cut a piece red sponge ball and place it in the hole. Voilá instant olive complete with pimento!
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
bigchuck
View Profile
Veteran user
Nothing clever has ever been said in my
400 Posts

Profile of bigchuck
You guys must have read my mind -- I recently acquired the Jenest vid that has the jiggernaut routine (I haven't mastered it yet, but I love it) & I am getting the pieces seperately, the idea for the craft store grapes is good -- in my quest to find the olive props I also found:

http://www.artificialfood.com

It has all kinds of fake fruit & food, and I see a lot of potential here for nice looking final loads, also some fairly realistic looking fake animals and holiday theme stuff as well. (BTW I'm not affiliated with this site -- I'm just passing on some info I found.)
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. - Frank Zappa"
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Can somebody please explain what this effect is? I still have not seen it performed.

Chris
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
I don't really like it. Seismic...go to penguinmagic.com. It is performed there.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It is a one cup and ball routine using a liquor jigger (a two ended small metal cup for measuring drink fluids) with olives and the finale is production of a cork under it.

I rate it as MEDIUM good.

Negatives: Small

Positives: Small (fits in pocket) Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
bigchuck
View Profile
Veteran user
Nothing clever has ever been said in my
400 Posts

Profile of bigchuck
I would recommend you ***NOT*** see it at penguin magic, you should check out Mark Jenests version -- on the miracles while you wait vid, -- MUCH cleaner looking (& more entertaining) routine IMO.
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. - Frank Zappa"
mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
It's a cute routine and series of effects, and as Mr. Biro says, it's small enough to pack everything in a pocket at the end. Everything's examinable afterwards, too (well, not your pockets, but that's kind of a given, yes?).

My personal experience with it: I've owned a chop cup since, well, the Cetacious period, but never really managed to pull together a routine that made any sense. Jiggernaut does that, with suprisingly well-written instructions and clear photographs (and the whole thing's done on one long sheet -- the packaging for the trick -- so you can tack it up next to your mirror or tabletop while you're working on it).

A decent "uses something real" chop cup routine.

Did I feel gypped? Nope.

(Hm. Maybe we should make that a standard in reviews. The "Did I Feel Gypped?" rating?)
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of doowopper
I have been using the James Riser/Dennis Loomis Micro Chop Cup with the Dennis Loomis routine. It comes with all the necessary props and balls, including the final loads. It also can have a bar theme with the vanish of a cup of liquid (drink) at the end, although I do it without the cup/liquid vanish. Also one of the two cups you receive looks like a small travel shot "glass". It packs small and all of the magic is done in the hands. I also have Jiggernaut but prefer the Micro Chop Cup. (I do not know Loomis, Riser or the company that makes the cups.)
Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Jiggernaut (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL