The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » My Presentation for the Time Machine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Dear all

I would be grateful if you can post a review of my routine, here goes:

Take the watch off your wrist and then place the watch behind your back setting the time to a completely random time, you then bring the watch forward and say when you see the time, now that is very interesting!

Keep the back of the watch towards the spectator, and ask the first spec to imagine they are sitting in a cinema and to imagine they are sitting in their seat and all of a sudden they see a huge clock face projected on the screen, also on the clock they only see one hand moving the short hand, tell them that it is whizzing round the clock face and all of a sudden it comes to a sudden stop, ask them what hour it has stopped at, ask them to name it.

You then turn to the second spec and say that they are in the same cinema but all of a sudden a long hand appears on the clock face, and then starts whizzing around the face, all of a sudden stops and ask them to name the minute that it stops at, say for example 4.23, you now have all the information to stop the watch at the freely selected time.

You then re-phrase what has happened etc to kill time if need be, then show the time as being freely selected by you and the spectator!!

What do you guys think?
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
Sounds nice, but hard to do. Good idea, even greater if you could get it off.

Justin David
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
Nice routine. It does sound difficult to pull off, but still a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

Evan
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Your routine has an interesting visual component -- the movie screen -- but I wonder about having them visualize clock hands moving rapidly around the dial. You don't want to plant any ideas in their heads...

Also, to eliminate the dead time, Iook for a presentation that narrows the range of possible times a spectator can name.

Personally, I tell them I went to bed about midnight last night, but woke up in the middle of the night, rolled over, and looked at the bedside clock face glowing in the darkness.

Since this time made a deep impression on me, let's make that the target, etc.

Then I attempt to "send" this time to them -- first the hour, then the minutes.

This little preamble cuts the possible wait in half, as you'll understand since you have the Time Machine. You might give it a try.

Cheers,
Jerry
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I think that your routine has a good plot(very visual), however I too feel that the idea of the hands moving rapidly might be too much of a visual if you catch my drift.

Corey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » My Presentation for the Time Machine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL