The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wolf Sponge Ball Wand Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
The instructions recommend hot glue to attach the sponge ball, but this doesn't work very well as the sponge ball likes to come off very easily. Anyone have this issue and have found a remedy? I am thinking to try some Gorilla glue. Is the real key to wet the ball really well? Thank you
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Try a search, this issue came up last year
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
775 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
What did Chance say?
Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
I was going to post on here prior to calling there to see if anyone has had experiences with the spongeball coming off, or being very difficult to retract intot he wand. I know the ball needs to be bnbroken into, but when I pull the ball into the wand, you can feel the tension and then after just a few tries the ball snaps off. I have wet the ball as well and that at first seemed to help, but then again it came off after just a few tries. I cant have it come during a performance. I jjsut thought maybe hot glue is not the answer and somethign a bit more industrial may do? Thanks for any help.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Ok I searched for you and found this from Chance Wolf http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=17

"A few additional notes...
* The wand requires the use of a 2" Sponge Ball or smaller
* This device causes wear and tear on the Sponge Ball. Replacing the Appearing Ball is quick and simple. Be sure to ORDER EXTRA SPONGE BALLS ASAP so you are ready to go at all times. We recommend a Bag of 50 Balls for your Appearing Ball Color choice and Two boxes of 4 Balls for your Color Change Ball Choice.
* You will need a Hot Glue Gun to attach the preferred Color of Ball and Magnet Shim to your Color Change Ball. "

If you wet a sponge ball it is easier to make vanish and reappear as it does swell. Using a hotglue gun (or an epoxy resin) you do need to ensure both surfaces are clean and oil-free. I'm sure though if I used a strong glue that the magnet will stay attached and I wouldn't be able to change the ball, I would have to use a new ball and magnet.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
I am going to place 1.5 inch spongeball on the end and see if this helps. It came with a 2 inch (ibelieve) and it is way too big for this effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wolf Sponge Ball Wand Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL