The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Special audiences (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ljlvent
View Profile
New user
iowa
95 Posts

Profile of ljlvent
I just had to share an experience I had this week. I performed for a large group of mentally challenged adults and in the group was one blind woman. She was in the front row and I had been told that she was blind before the show started. I have never performed for a blind person before and wondered how it would go. I was doing my show on how we are all heroes (plays well for all audiences) And a segment I do in this show is the bit where my chimp decides to make a balloon disappear. When we got to the part where he let the balloon go it flew over and landed right into the blind woman's lap! What a FUN experience for both of us! She got to experience the bit even though she couldn't see it! This was a blessing for me to see how things do have a way of working out even in situations where we may question our ability to be effective. After the show they wanted to have a time of question and answers and yes some of the people had questions about ventriloquism etc. But many of the people simply wanted to tell me how they were going to be a hero that day. I am SO blessed to have this wonderful opportunity to encourage others with ventriloquism!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
What a delightful story. I am blessed that you shared it. My first job after college was working with a similar population in a group home setting.

You were also a hero that day.

Harris
laughologist and nearly normal vent.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
CaptKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of CaptKirk
THANKS for sharing that wonderful experience you had AND THANK YOU for performing for the audience you did. I'm sure they loved your show!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Special audiences (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL