The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Geek Love: A movie ...perchance to dream? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
I would love Harry to produce his screenplay of Geek Love.
Have any of you read Katherine's novel?

Ellen Smile
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
That novel was absolute genius. To do a movie version that stayed true to the novel it would have to come out so eerie. I mean, a mother who deliberately makes freak children? I could see a big stink getting started by the moral uppities. But then again, if anyone could pull it off, Anderson could. Maybe Tim Burton could direct.... hmmmm....
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
I once heard that Harry owned the screen rights to this marvelous novel and was working on a screenplay.
I don't know if this is true, or if it is if he still owns the rights as I heard this rumour years and years ago.
I met Ms. Dunn once curiously enough after a early performance of the Jim Rose Side Show that I was appearing in.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Actually tim Burton owned the rights. Nothing has been done yet. I have the screenplay. The ending is different. I would love to see it--with the resurgence of freaky stuff (like CARNIVALE on HBO --Sept.14th).

Ellen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Geek Love: A movie ...perchance to dream? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL