The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Joey's Video Vault (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..22~23~24 [Next]
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1645 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Kimura,

Steve originally gave me 110 moves on video. We chose 52 of them for the GPS DVDs. The other 58 I still have on video. What I would like to do is to release the other 58 moves at some point along with some explanations. But…it's not up to me. I may have the actual video files, but it's Steve's footage. If he doesn't say yes, then it won't happen.

If it moves forwards, then everyone here will know about it at the appropriate time.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
691 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
I was going I write if you could keep me informed, but if it ever happens I'll check back here.
Thanks Jason, I hope all is alright in the world of the Vegas card experts.
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
585 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
Let's cross the fingers...
JJS
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1245 Posts

Profile of splice
Is there anything we can do to make it more likely that Steve will say yes?
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
691 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Probably;
Make sure it doesn't get shared on the internet on torrent sites. One leak and all the trust is gone. Sad state of magic and gambling literature. I seek to never download or steal online, hence why I am anxious for sadowitz to return my emails...
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1245 Posts

Profile of splice
Well, that's a given. I haven't done any of that, and it's the same for most people here I hope.
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
691 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Indeed I believe all guys who frequent here and post are fairly trustworthy in that respect. However I think that would be one of the main issues for Steve (but I'll refrain from saying anything further until Jason replies as obviously I can't speak for either of them).
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15683 Posts

Profile of tommy
People who go on about how straight they are tend to be the one who are the most bent. For example, a screw who seems to be a stickler for the rules in jail is typically the one who is at it. These people have to appear whiter than white as cover for their corrupt activities. Rats often are the very ones who talk about honour and so on. Actually trust in reality is a load of nonsense. One can trust anyone. The only thing that never lies is nature and thus “In God We Trust”.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
I see a much more comprehensive SF DVD set.

How about a 3 DVD set called "110" Jason?

SF introduces and explain 58 new moves on DVD #1.
He then explains the 52 moves already out on the first half of DVD #2 (good marketing hook is customers have to buy the original DVD's with "52" on them!).
The second half of DVD #2 is - wait for it - all the art of the dice maker! Featuring a look at a dice makers workbench, and some discussion with a couple of the best that are still with us.

DVD #3 is SF with all his old buddies, sitting around a table (filmed in black and white or moody color) recalling their experiences in and around cards and dice.
Hitherto unknown or underground dice and card anecdotes are discussed, not in detail of course, and with the names changed to protect the guilty.

Of course you're at the table Jason, and I see Mr. Z there too.
Most (if not all) of the guys that are still around that Forte thanks in the front of his books are at the table too, even if they just come by for 5 or 10 minutes in the video to chat with SF.
The end of disc #3 is SF alone, reflecting back on the entire game-protection and gambling/hustling sub-culture and how it was then compared to how it is now, recalling his early days and offering up a couple of scenarios as to what the future may offer.

SF touches on:
*Will technology take over even more than it already has?
*Will there be an underground movement to bring back previously successful and still unknown hustles, with a twist to take down new games?
*Is the extent of advantage play and outright cheating today growing, or shrinking - and then whatever the answer is - why?
*Is the cheater in 2014 essentially "the same" as the cheater from 1974 or 1964 in terms of how he puts bread and milk on the table?

Now that's a DVD set I'd line up to buy for $100.00+ plus shipping Smile
(as I suspect a great many others would as well).

Anyway, back to reality now.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1245 Posts

Profile of splice
Also, it's funded from kickstarter, and one of the rewards includes a personal session with Steve and Jason (and heck, Mr. Z if he's around as well).

I'd buy that for a dollar (or even a bit more!)

It's nice to dream. It's all move monkey stuff, of course.
Kimura
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Sorry, but I am only interested in the DVD if it features the footage of Forte and the Wiz racing in Japan
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
$100, easy money. Anything, just give us MORE (Although I doubt we would see Mr. Z, though it would be great). I still see "52" mentioned in threads, just that 13-14 minute sequence was worth buying the set, IMO.

Smile
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
691 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Tommy,
The only reason I mentioned the issue of copying was because being under 23, it seems they majority of people in my demographic do engage in copying and stealing material. That's all.
Would love a big set of DVDs Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15683 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile Trust everyone, but cut the cards, as the old gabler said.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
88 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
NFS
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of NFS
I appreciate the work that goes into your videos to give it that dramatic/cinematic effect, and maybe it's just me, but I can barely see anything if your videos unless I turn my contrast to 100%, and even then it's still difficult for me to watch. On the video with the ping pong shift I initially thought it was strange you added video editing to pick up a word from the table, but after rewinding it a few times and pressing my face to my monitor I finally saw that it was a cut card with writing on it. Again maybe it's just me but I do not normally have this problem with other videos and DVDs.
"A gambler without a system is as a ship without a compass."
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
88 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
Quote:
unless I turn my contrast to 100%, and even then it's still difficult for me to watch.

Turning up the contrast actually achieves the exact opposite. "Brightness" should be the right parameter to adjust.
I agree that the last video turned out a bit too dark but I don't see any problem with the latest video. The focus (and the lighting) is on the hands.
Thank you for your feedback though. I'll keep it in mind for future videos.

regards,
Joey
NFS
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of NFS
I misspoke, it was the brightness I was adjusting. It's funny, I know the difference between the two but it just now occurred to me that I've always been calling it the wrong thing.
"A gambler without a system is as a ship without a compass."
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
New Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kug7DtYNiJs

Just a simple way to retain the top few cards.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3076 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2014, silverking wrote:

How about a 3 DVD set called "110" Jason?

Like.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Joey's Video Vault (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL