The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Joey's Video Vault (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..22~23~24 [Next]
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
Quote:
I see you're using different grips, one of them is the Master Second of Scott?

It's a full grip.
Except for the first clip, all of the deals are push offs. Thank you Marco!
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
585 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
Perfect!!
JJS
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Excellent as always Joey, you have a phenomenal touch with the pasteboards.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2369 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2016, Bobbycash wrote:
Excellent as always Joey, you have a phenomenal touch with the pasteboards.

I could be mistaken, but isn't this second deal video link referred to above part of a Steve Forte demonstration performed by Steve Forte?

Isn't it Forte's voice also on the narration?

Here is the link again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ2r6fq63Dc
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2369 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Just to avoid ambiguity, in my post immediately above I was referring to this post:

Quote:
On Oct 7, 2016, JFX wrote:
Second Deals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ2r6fq63Dc

JFX is a skillful card table manipulator so my observation is not meant to detract from his demo work on this long thread. I just did not understand what appears to be the work of Steve Forte being shown.

Not really important though. Just an observation.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Well ... those don't look at all like Forte's hands, but they sure do look a lot like Joey's hands!

I would posit that what Joey has done (considering his far above average skill at filmmaking as well as advanced skills with playing cards), is he has put the soundtrack from the Forte DVD over top of a video performance of his own hands.

What this demonstrates (I believe) is that Joey is doing exactly what Forte was doing on the DVD (guided by Fortes voiceover narration), and in the process Joey is sharing his chops by demonstrating what are essentially flawless seconds.

I may be wrong of course - but I doubt it Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy
All but the dim could see that. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2369 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Yup - I tipped my hole card that I am dim. Smile

I don't know how I made all this money in gambling over the years - and I am not even good enough to be a magician doing demos.

Must have been lucky. Yup...that's it...must have been lucky. Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy
My eyes are dim I can-not see.
I have not got my specs with me.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
Yes, Artie is right!

The video shows me. The audio parts of Steve Forte are taken from a TV performance of him.
Sorry for any confusion.

Joey
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2369 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, JFX wrote:
Yes, Artie is right!

The video shows me. The audio parts of Steve Forte are taken from a TV performance of him.

Sorry for any confusion.

Joey

Okay, no problem. Thanks for the clarification. I really don't watch many demos but I have seen Forte do his card work a few times and your work pretty much mimics his and with the voice override I thought it might be Forte. However in my defense, as tommy very perceptively pointed out, only the "dim" (when it comes to gambling methods, moves and demos) would not have seen the difference. I plead guilty to that. Smile

I note that when it comes to performing a myriad of demos moves, Forte is a good role model and you evidently spent a lot of time watching him and imitating his methods. Speed, flash and pizzazz and you perform the moves cleanly and skillfully.

Question: Where do you find the time to master these moves, perfect your film making skills and still work on your PhD thesis?

Finally, out of curiosity, can you do a bottom deal from the square john full grip? Totally unnecessary for a demonstrator, but just curious. Smile
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
Quote:
Okay, no problem. Thanks for the clarification. I really don't watch many demos but I have seen Forte do his card work a few times and your work pretty much mimics his and with the voice override I thought it might be Forte.

No worries. I take that as a compliment.

Quote:
Question: Where do you find the time to master these moves, perfect your film making skills and still work on your PhD thesis?

Well as far as the film making part goes: I've been interested in film making since I was like 13 years old. Over the years I found my own workflow that works best for me and I still stick to it. Sadly, I rarely try out new things nowadays. Mainly because film making is quite an expensive hobby and I kind of hit my limit budget wise. Therefore I've been using the same set up for a couple years now. So this part doesn't take that much time.

Mastering the moves isn't that much of a deal either because I'm not in a hurry. I limit myself to a couple of techniques and stick with them for years before I start to tackle a new move. I practice the moves mainly for my own entertainment so I can take all the time I want.

Quote:
Finally, out of curiosity, can you do a bottom deal from the square john full grip? Totally unnecessary for a demonstrator, but just curious. Smile

Nope I can't. But it sounds like quite a challenge. I put it on my list!
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
833 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I enjoy this forum a lot even though I don't do any of this kind of stuff at all now that I have lost sensitivity in my fingers. I never was that great and I am 70 years old now. But Joey KNOCKS ME OUT. No little hitches or breaks in tempo whatsoever. I am sure if he *does* break tempo it is done in a congruent way and always intentionally, at times he chooses. Did I mention I am impressed? Thanks for sharing, Joey.
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated!

Quote:
I am sure if he *does* break tempo it is done in a congruent way and always intentionally, at times he chooses.

I wish that I could say that my hesitation during riffle stacking is intentionally ...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy
Your wish is my command! Go to the card table and don’t hesitate, because there it really does not matter if you miss.

Tommy
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
Quote:
Your wish is my command! Go to the card table and don’t hesitate, because there it really does not matter if you miss.

Sorry but I'm not sure if I understood your comment correctly.

New Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFgJ2_gLvz8
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy
Only magicians need the trick to succeed every time and therefore they tend to be must careful and hesitant when staking to make sure of getting it right.

Whereas the cardsharp knows if he misses the stack nobody is the wiser. If he misses then he simply plays his hand. The cardsharp therefore then relaxes and riffle stacks fast and without hesitation. It is good if he hits but not bad if he misses. It is a shot to nothing more or less.

That which makes people hesitant is the fear of failing.

Tommy
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
That's some good insight right there tommy, and rates with the best bits of "theory" presented here over the years.
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
Quote:
Only magicians need the trick to succeed every time and therefore they tend to be must careful and hesitant when staking to make sure of getting it right.

Whereas the cardsharp knows if he misses the stack nobody is the wiser. If he misses then he simply plays his hand. The cardsharp therefore then relaxes and riffle stacks fast and without hesitation. It is good if he hits but not bad if he misses. It is a shot to nothing more or less.

That which makes people hesitant is the fear of failing.

Thanks for elaborating tommy. I get your point now. It is really some great advice!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Joey's Video Vault (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL