The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Joey's Video Vault (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..22~23~24 [Next]
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2011-06-19 13:10, AMcD wrote:
Hahaha, I really appreciate the plug about the booklet young man. I promise, here, you will get the second volume for free! By the way, the binding looks damaged, is it because bad postal services?

Otherwise, you are getting better week after week, time is near for people like me to get retired.

Pun aside, I like to see all of you, young "kids", learning fast, showing and displaying multiple talents. It such a different behavior compared to the old farts of Magic/Gambling I've struggled with during the last decades! They share nothing, very few are capable or knowledgeable and it's always a matter of money and secret retention ("I have the money, I know, you don't, I'm the master, you're an idiot"). Your generation learn, practice, improve, have real skills. You make our "Art" evolving and you bring motivation. I like that.

Because that first booklet I have received dozens of very kind mails. I've been literally amazed learning that the few tens of videos I've posted on several forums thru the last years have been an inspiration for many of you! It's a big surprise as I'm not Richard Turner or Steve Forte and I thank you, all of you (included those who don't like me). I have one query though. Me, I have learned a lot from many guys posting here, from Z's or Doc's videos just to name two. I'd like to see you posting material in the future for the next generations.

Good job Joey!

I definitely agree with AMcD on what he just said and please do me a favor as well, accept my apology for not mentioning you in my present day expert write-up because I honestly wasn't familiar with your work; but I am now. Keep up the good work.

Respectfully,

Doc
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
88 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
Means a lot to hear something like this from you doc =)
your cold deck video was one of the first "cheating/gambling sleight" videos I saw and it is still a pleasure and inspiration to watch
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
88 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
New Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3I1H-Hu6B4
(Push Off Second Deal)
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
88 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
New Video:

http://vimeo.com/20402914

http://vimeo.com/20552448

This is me fiddling around with the miller table shift
not very deceptive I know, but I think it would be pretty cool for a demonstration
feedback is appreciated as always Smile
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
381 Posts

Profile of Vincero
Awesome push off. I like the Miller shift too. I can't critique it, I haven't got around to learning it myself yet. Maybe jjsanvert can chime in with this one. He pulls off an incredible Miller shift in his video "The Advantage Player".

Good work,

Zac
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
88 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
Thank you Zac =)

New Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7bf2_SUkfc
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15708 Posts

Profile of tommy
Cool and quite dramatic. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
the dealer
View Profile
Regular user
las vegas
190 Posts

Profile of the dealer
Hey joey..just curious...what kinda camera are you using...and editing software?

thanks,
JD
LOUIEL
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of LOUIEL
Great Videos Joeyfx, excellent work, thanks for sharing them!!

LOUIE L
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
88 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
Thank you =)

@JD
The camera Im using is the Canon 550D
I use After Effects for compositing and Sony Vegas for editing
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
381 Posts

Profile of Vincero
Wonderful work, I'm jealous. It's great to see this. You have so much potential, I hope that more of the proffessional guys aroun dhere are able to comment on your technique. You will go far.

Zac
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
88 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
Thank you again zac
really means a lot to me =)

Quote:
I hope that more of the proffessional guys aroun dhere are able to comment on your technique

even if they don't
I already learned a lot from just reading their posts and searching through the forum
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
88 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
New Video:
http://vimeo.com/25935502
(ping pong shift)
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Joey your ping pong shift is excellent, the illusion is great.

Now regarding your Charlie Miller shift, you're doing this like a grade A magician which needs to be improved upon. How? Stop picking up the deck and looking at all the bottom card(s) before you place the deck in your hand to deal. You think if I was playing cards with you that I would let you look at the bottom stock? Hell no. This is a great advantage in playing cards, knowing what and what not to play or to disband. I have a friend by the name of Doug Edwards who demonstrates this Charlie Miller Spin Pass just like you and I told him the same thing. Eliminate that looking at the bottom of the deck pick up and you will have a perfect gambling shift for the card table.

Take care,

Respectfully,

Doc
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
88 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
Thank you for your comment Doc, highly appreciated =)
makes perfect sense

the reason I added this sliding action was because I could never believe that the pass would work
no matter how much I tried, the visible spinning action of the top packet always disturbed me
so I added this extra motion to cover it, the downside of course is what you mentioned in your post

I guess I'll just go back to the original handling of the shift, without looking at the bottom card
again thank you for your comment =)
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
If you do the spinning action fast enough no one will see it except for you. If you still see it and you're not satisfied when you look in the mirror then just add a little more cover by using all 4 fingers close together with no windows and you or no one else will see the move.

Take care,

Doc
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Quote:
On 2011-07-03 16:32, joeyfx wrote:

[snip]

the reason I added this sliding action was because I could never believe that the pass would work
no matter how much I tried, the visible spinning action of the top packet always disturbed me
so I added this extra motion to cover it, the downside of course is what you mentioned in your post

I guess I'll just go back to the original handling of the shift, without looking at the bottom card

Look at this handling.

Just eliminate the all-around-square at the end.
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of kipling100
Or maybe if you do the shift on top of a cut card, the picking up and looking at the bottom card wouldn't be as problematic?
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 17:19, bblumen wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-03 16:32, joeyfx wrote:

[snip]

Look at this handling.

Just eliminate the all-around-square at the end.

Joey don't pay attention to the photos or the video. The bottom card is still flashed to the players at the table which is wrong and the photos of charlie miller show the move the wrong way with the bottom card being shown to the opposite player which is wrong. Do it as I told you to, just use more fingers as cover and speed up the spin action if necessary.

Doc
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
88 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
@bblumen: thanks for the link
I know about the handling but I never really liked the cover for the move

@Doc:
Im practising it the way you told me
I'll post another video when Im ready =)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Joey's Video Vault (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL