The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Tarbell & IT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
897 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Does anyone know if the Tarbell books discuss the use of IT or IT loops? Thanks for your help.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
IT was a newer tool used by magicians. Tarbell will help you become a magician and what it means to present magic. IT was not used for close-up until about the 1950's then on only one trick I can think of, when Fred Kaps Dancing and Floating Cork was offered in the 1970's is when others started to it in other ways.

Loops was influenced by Finn Jon, in the 1980's I believe, so you see this is very new technology being used for magic purposes.

There are many books and DVD instruction for IT and its use. I would suggest you find a trick you like using it, then purchase it, then practice the heck out of it. There is a lot to learn about IT and when to use it and when not to use it.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
897 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Thanks for taking the time to respond; I appreciate the suggestion. Have a great weekend.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Once you get the knack for IT, you can very quickly figure out how to adapt it for other effects. Just be sure to anchor it properly.....
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7129 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2011-04-09 20:38, wmhegbli wrote:
...There is a lot to learn about IT and when to use it and when not to use it.

Bill, you are SO correct about that! There should be an encyclopedia-sized book about when NOT to use it! Ha! I almost think IT has been ruined by just that subject alone. Not completely though. That's why I have my spools!

Doug
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Doug, you are correct! IT is only used for special occasions and most importantly, "When the time is right."

So many think they can just do it anywhere anytime. Actually, it takes a lot of preparation and planing.

Then they come on the Café and want to know why the IT they bought was not imvisible as advertised. Tnen off to buy the next latest new IT on the market.

I remember having to sign an agreement before buying the Fred Kaps Cork, this was effective in making me think that there must be something special about the method. I spent many hours preparing and practicing the trick. I would arrive early to check out places and the lighting conditions.

I find it hard to believe the videos of Fred Kaps on YouTube performing the Cork trick so close to his viewers and in studio lighting and natural sun light. I never found these conditions perfect for the trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Tarbell & IT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL