The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » What it feels like to be hypnotised... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
I'm a working class guy who, perhaps strangely, finds learning such as this aesthetically pleasing.
But to be fair MP you're probably correct. In that if I did find it to be BS then I'd absolutely learn nothing.
Oh and well done to you Chris, for seeing something I didn't see at the time. Thanks.

Bob
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
819 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Bob, I put my pants on like everyone else .. with a wave and a snap.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Just read your post Owen. Well done. Although I'd maybe want to argue about whether you actually were in hypnosis. I think it probably needs a new post on this alone.
Gonna write in now. I'll call it: :'Knowing Hypnosis'
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
I look forward to arguing with you Bobser Smile
I´m interested to hear your thoughts.
:)
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Thanks for posting your experiences Owen.

Sounds like you would have benefitted even more from one binary moment.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Bobser

I learned all the Bs that goes with NLP. I spent years using it. The I realised all the Nlpers I knew were bad communicators because of the jargon they used. Some of it was essential most of it was Bs.

Trust me this is no different. Its main function is to attach a level of importance that doesn't exist. To a very basic example of hypnosis that Ive exprienced more times than I can remember.

It means you can sell something simple as being sophisicated when its not.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
But can it really be that black and white? That stage hypnotists are this and hynotherapist are that and NLP-ers are this over here?
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Bob,

it is just a distinction between your arm lifting and you wondering if you are doing it and it being stuck and knowing there is nothing you can do about that. I find it a useful distinction. It seems to be a profound moment and noticeable difference to the participant.

I do not recall suggesting it is anything new. If angry boy can give you such an experience I will be surprised. Wear your matching swimming trunks as underpants just in case though.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2011-04-12 16:06, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
Bob,
it is just a distinction between your arm lifting and you wondering if you are doing it and it being stuck and knowing there is nothing you can do about that. I find it a useful distinction. It seems to be a profound moment and noticeable difference to the participant.
Anthony

Yes, to watch 'the moment' alone, is for me the most beautiful part of the whole procedure. It's THEN that it happens. The smile, the giggle. The questioning twitch of the head. It's lift off. I think profound IS the operative word.
I would have payed decent money to see Tony looking at the 100 euros.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » What it feels like to be hypnotised... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL