The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Worst dvd (or dvd's )s you've ever purchased... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17162 Posts

Profile of joseph
Another vote for X Finger .. What were they thinking?...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
With X Finger the video shows him performing to crowds on the street. Since you end dirty, tell me did no one in the crowd think of asking the right question....?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm pretty fortunate. I can't really think of any bad DVDs off hand, but as for actual effects? That's another story.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
684 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
One more thing, IFloat:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S12303
Thanks God I don't have it. if I buy this things, this is should be the worst......
(but, I don't think magician will buy this item, specially after they watch the demo video...)
see what Craig and David said about IFloat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQUNsn9lqRU
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of wally
Mickey Oconners the ultimate clown.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 21:40, j100taylor wrote:
The Corner Project by G

Yes. This was just bad. An expensive couple of coasters.
shadowman
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of shadowman
The corner project by G.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2011-05-20 04:11, wally wrote:
Mickey Oconners the ultimate clown.

That sounds interesting! The ultimate CLOWN???
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
tgold65
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of tgold65
Don't confuse bad production values with bad magic. The magic on the video is great. You see him perform the trick live and obviously it works. But clearly, Nate does not give a crap about sexy production. However, I would trade bad production for good commercial magic any day.

Quote:
On 2011-04-29 07:16, tmoca wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-04-15 17:59, Andi Peters wrote:
Nate Kranzo's Box Monster.

I thought there'd be a monster or something and there wasn't.

His newspaper tear video is horrendous
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1170 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Quote:
On 2011-05-20 16:19, in flames wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 21:40, j100taylor wrote:
The Corner Project by G

Yes. This was just bad. An expensive couple of coasters.

LOL.

What do you think of his other offerings. I bought Imagine against my better judgment because of rave reviews on Wizard Products but was disappointed. He's got another one out with a good looking card fold but that looks interesting but I won't be fooled again.
Lakewood, Ohio
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7008 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Wow! I think imagine is great! What don't you like about it?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
diehards2080
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, New York
256 Posts

Profile of diehards2080
Ninja by Brad Christian. Pop it in once and never did again.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1170 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 12:55, Cameron Francis wrote:
Wow! I think imagine is great! What don't you like about it?

I think the adds were misleading. To me the method isn't subtle - just brute force. After all the hype I was expecting something more satisfying. Also I wasn't impressed with his performances where half of his presentation had to be bleeped.

I am probably biased - after wasting $60 bucks on the Corner Project garbage it would have taken a lot to impress. (PS if you want a review of that I am probably going to get bleeped myself).
Lakewood, Ohio
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7008 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Hmm. Well, I don't agree. I think it's a great effect. I don't see how it's brute force. I think it's clever and a worker. But to each his own.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1892 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Rice Papers.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
J Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of J Christensen
I watched Kranzo's newspaper tear video and was so disgusted that I took it out and threw it in the trash can.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1361 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
The same day I read this forum, I also got messaged on facebook from a fan telling me they love x-finger. Its interesting how polarized magician's reactions have been.
drd00m
View Profile
New user
Argentina
22 Posts

Profile of drd00m
Complete Card Magic 1?
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Michael Close Workers series. "just give me one of these" Got old fast. In fact, so fast, it seemed that the material on the program was old and stale as well. Because it was. I seen hundreds of bad DVD's but nothing put me off as much as this series.

You know bang for the buck you can not beat the pair up of Dave Forrest and Cameron Francis. Even though what they do is not my cup of tea since I work as a mystic and a mentalist but the DVDs have a certain quality I really like. The reason I am saying this is that a lot of those previous mentioned could stand to have a look at what these two minds are doing and have done. Who knows maybe they will and then they will see how it could be done with a bit of class.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I was playing with my youngest son's rattle. It is red on one side, and yellow on the other. I was perfoming the paddle move with it, and my mother inlaw was watching. She was absolutely blown away from what she was seeing. The rattle on both sides seemed to be yellow to her until I magically turned it red. I did this a few times because I was thinking to myself, "How can this be fooling her? It's the oldest trick in the book."

I learned something very valuable that day. You don't need to buy highly hyped effects to create magic. And, you don't need to be on Jay Sankey's newsletter to be a good magician.

Frozen is the worse DVD I purchased. Frozen was at first misleading customers through their ads and demo. Many bought Frozen do to a certain effect demonstrated in the demo. It turned out that you could not do what was shown in the demo. E was reluctant to change the ad, but to avoid legal action, they eventually re-edited the demo and ads. There was also a serious danger involved with Frozen which was never made clear before purchase. It is required by law to disclose any safety issue's or chemicals that maybe involved before purchase, not after purchase.

Remember, "Warning" by E. It was pulled from the shelves when parents threatned to sue E. However, Warning was not original by any means, and Dan Garcia didn't invent it either. E later gave out Warning as a free gift. Goes to show you how much they care doesn't it. Dangerous tricks that have no warnings before making a purchase are the worse tricks on the market. Those who produce them have no concerns about the safety of their customers until someone gets hurt, or threatned with a law suit.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Worst dvd (or dvd's )s you've ever purchased... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL