The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Worst dvd (or dvd's )s you've ever purchased... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
rickhypno
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of rickhypno
The worst is the PK clip by magic makers, horrible trick.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
887 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
On 2011-09-02 05:02, MentalistCreationLab wrote:
Michael Close Workers series. "just give me one of these" Got old fast. In fact, so fast, it seemed that the material on the program was old and stale as well. Because it was. I seen hundreds of bad DVD's but nothing put me off as much as this series.

That's because you are a mentalist.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
tonyj
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of tonyj
The Ultimate Card Through Window by Eric James. I have thought about selling it on ebay but I wouldn't want to rip anyone off!
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
Glad for the warning on Frozen. Almost bought it several times.
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2758 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2011-05-26 10:31, slyhand wrote:
Rice Papers.

Really, how comes?!
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Everytime I get something from Elllusionist I am disappointed. Sadly to say, they usually still get me a couple times a year.
Hondo88
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Hondo88
Step system by lee smith
Lee Smith
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Lee Smith
Quote:
On 2011-10-13 17:30, Hondo88 wrote:
Step system by lee smith

That's a shame it's full of working material that has paid my bills and served me very well. Some of the routines are from great magicians who have also used the routines in their sets for years.

Do you not work for laymen? This has been very well receive

Can't please everyone I guess.

Lee.

Lee,
www.walkaboutmagic.com
www.facebook.com/walkaboutmagic
Effects.
STEP SYSTEM vol 1&2, iCandy, iPhone 10, strike 2.2 and lecture notes. All available on my site.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2585 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On 2011-10-08 16:08, brehaut wrote:
Everytime I get something from Elllusionist I am disappointed. Sadly to say, they usually still get me a couple times a year.

I have very few one trick DVDs in my collection, but my favorite is Factory Sealed which is an Ellusionist offering. As a matter of fact, I need to dust that old chestnut off and start working it again.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
benmagic1
View Profile
Regular user
London
180 Posts

Profile of benmagic1
Quote:
Step system by lee smith

Hondo are we on about the same disc as I have Step System 1 & 2 and I would put them on my top 5 list along with M Ammar's Easy Card Magic series and J McBride's sries, the psychology on the Step System is worth the price of the disc and the tricks are very good to.

I cannot believe some of the discs some on here I use Imagine and stuff from Rice Papers so I can only think that these were included by magicians who do not like to practice and just want selfworking magic.

Ben.
Sussex/Kent/Surrey Wedding Photographer and Magician. Ben's Photography
Surrey/Sussex/Kent Magician
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
Step system by lee smith

Blimey O'Reilly!!!

Horses for different courses I suppose - and I'd rarely comment on folks' opinions - BUT I'm amazed The Step System features in this thread.

Hondo - Have you tried ANY of this material? It's singulary the most inspirational DVD set I've purchased in the past few years, and like Ben (above), I'd rate it in my top five too. Maybe higher!

I'd certainly be interested in your constructive criticism of it to substantiate your opinion.
enigmagik32
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of enigmagik32
Quote:
Step system by lee smith

The step System by Lee Smith how can you possibly say this is the worst DVD you've ever bought I was lucky to have seen lee preform some of this material at a wedding in Hichin about 3 years ago and the reactions he was getting were awesome yes Hondo some of this material isn't self working and you will need to work at it but but you cant really dismiss all the material on these DVDs.

These DVDS I rate as some of the BEST material that came out on DVD last year with GREAT and easy to understand instruction, he has KINDLY shared his vast knowledge and bread and butter material with you.

Lee don't be put off by these remarks its people like yourself that has moved magic out of the past keeping it fresh and entertaining

Best M
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
563 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On 2011-10-14 06:19, benmagic1 wrote:
Quote:
Step system by lee smith

Hondo are we on about the same disc as I have Step System 1 & 2 and I would put them on my top 5 list along with M Ammar's Easy Card Magic series and J McBride's sries, the psychology on the Step System is worth the price of the disc and the tricks are very good to.

I cannot believe some of the discs some on here I use Imagine and stuff from Rice Papers so I can only think that these were included by magicians who do not like to practice and just want selfworking magic.

Ben.

That is some high praise because I consider the ETMCM series and McBride's Art of Card Manipulation series some of my favorites. I'm going to have to look into the Step System DVDs, especially after with all of the posts defending it right after it was mentioned, haha.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1170 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Quote:
Step system by lee smith

Want to sell them?
Lakewood, Ohio
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Quote:
Step system by lee smith

Are you sure you're not confusing this with The Step System by Jane Fonda?
Lee Smith
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Lee Smith
Thanks to everyone for their comments, it really means a lot. I am so glad so many people loved the project and got so much use from the routines. STEP SYSTEM was a best seller last year and is still selling well now. We as creators can only hope that others use the material the way we have after we put it out.

I don't usually get involved in theses types of discussions but I feel I must defend something that lots of hard work went into. I always make sure that I only release effects or routines that have been tried and tested in live settings many many times over and I know for FACT that they do what they say on the cover.

I think this thread really shows the different types of magician that are out there?

I must admit I was a bit shocked to see this project in this thread (as I am some of the other great material in the thread) I just think its harsh for somebody to say it's the worst purchase they have made when I pay my bills and earn a comfortable living from much of the material. Some of it has come from some of the best magicians of today and they also use it in the same way (I have just got back from a show using much of it tonight) and I the reactions on the DVDs and the fact that its performed live should be proof enough that the material is strong?

I am not sure what some people want from projects anymore? I know you cant please everyone but it does make me wonder?

Hondo88
I will give you some advice - Please do not buy my latest DVD it's filled with lots of really strong usable magic. You will not like it.

Please save your money.

Thanks so much again to all the people that have supported all the projects to date we all need to stick together to keep the magic alive.

Here is a like the the original thread. I hope others will read this if they are not sure what he project is?
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111

Many thanks again.

Lee.
www.walkaboutmagic.com
Effects.
STEP SYSTEM vol 1&2, iCandy, iPhone 10, strike 2.2 and lecture notes. All available on my site.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6021 Posts

Profile of motown
For me Bluff has to be one of the worst. What an I'll conceived project that was. The guys involved with that project should have taken some lessons from they're countrymen David Stone. At $100 it was way, way over priced.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Lee. You're flogging a dead horse here on the Café trying to defend your project - which needs no defence in my opinion.

Unlike the other forums, this place is frequented by a plethora of trolls and naysayers who just like to load the bullets for others to fire.

Of course, there are those who offer a reason for their negativity by backing it up with appropriate constructive criticism.

But, alas sadly, many just use the Café to vent their spleen behind anonymous pseudonyms because it's easy and they can!

Take no notice mate and keep producing the goods!
Lee Smith
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Lee Smith
Quote:
On 2011-10-15 02:39, Roger Kelly wrote:
Lee. You're flogging a dead horse here on the Café trying to defend your project - which needs no defence in my opinion.

Unlike the other forums, this place is frequented by a plethora of trolls and naysayers who just like to load the bullets for others to fire.

Of course, there are those who offer a reason for their negativity by backing it up with appropriate constructive criticism.

But, alas sadly, many just use the Café to vent their spleen behind anonymous pseudonyms because it's easy and they can!

Take no notice mate and keep producing the goods!

Thanks Roger, you are right, I have had a couple of PMs stating the same. I just wanted to come on and thank everyone for the support. I'm not posting anymore in here. Thanks guys. I will be looking forward to my next project.

Lee.
www.walkaboutmagic.com
Effects.
lukecloughmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of lukecloughmagic
Quote:
Step system by lee smith

WOWZERS! I've seen Lee perform countless times, however there is no bias here. Lee knows that if I don't like something he does I will tell him, and I'm sure he appreciates the feedback he gets from everyone.. However watching Lee's material is what first got me back into magic, and I have since started to perform at weddings, parties and even a few corporate events. Some of the effects on STEPS are still some of the core material I perform, and it has led to a repeat booking on nearly every gig. There are some people that like/dislike certain effects as they don't fit their style maybe, but this DVD set should 10000% be in a topic called "the best dvd you've ever bought".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Worst dvd (or dvd's )s you've ever purchased... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL