The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Oh where, oh where has my Ballycast gone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Oh where, oh where can it be?

Just an update for my podcast friends...

Things have been bizarre and upside-down here at the Keyser house, PLUS I am working at my usual glacial pace on revising one of my best products ... maybe I can get it up to the standard I want and get it an ISBN number and get it on Amazon, CDBaby, etc.

Ballycast hasn't vanished forever but it will be on hiatus a wee bit longer.

Oh, yeah ... thanks for your responses to the question I put before the listenership last episode, but I'm keeping the music anyway. I'll try to be moderate. I've been inspired by the personal voices and the use of music in two of my wife's favorites, possibly the best produced personal podcast I've ever heard (and the other one, equally well-produced, is here.

Keep on bein' weird - and one thing more, check me out on Facebook. I finally gave in to the satanic force of technology, after resisting for so long. And ... you know what? So far, everything I used to say about social media while I was resisting ... is still true. I don't understand it, I don't see the need for it, my idea of hell is being immersed in chitchat 24/7/365.

--Wayne Keyser
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
corsufle
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of corsufle
Thanks for the update. I always enjoy Ballycast.
Who is the Fool with the guitar?
Find out at HobbyhorseMusic.com
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Gave up on Facebook.

I gave it several days of intensive research to see what an adult might gain from a Facebook account. What I got, instead, was like being surrounded by tween girls ... "Marcy became Deedee's friend, but I told her Joey really likes me ... Wanna play Farmville? ... Then I told Stephanie I'd be her friend ... Wanna play Farmville?"

It took more research to discover how to delete the account irrevocably forever, and that's what I did. AAAARGH!

I'm going back to mixing a researched and re-created burlesque show bally ... still looking for a sound effect of extremely sparse applause in the open air ... gotta be better than Facebook.

Rick West
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
243 Posts

Profile of Rick West
Wayne,

Yes, you are correct, there is a lot of crap on facebook.

You need to mine the gold.

To bad you already deleted your facebook account. I would have suggested
you read Laszlo Kolozsy's amazing midway stories or look over Juan de la Cruz
wonderful circus photos albums. These are just a couple examples of the
excellent material that is available.

Rick West
"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good jackpot"

"You say things sometimes, you don't know what the hell you mean. But you're sincere when you say it." Bob Dylan
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Wayne
After you befriended me I spent a hour and a half (slow connection) suggesting 50 friends for you...Now you quit?...Oh well...If you ever show up on a real Midway..I'll introduce you to some REAL Honest to God Carnies and Showmen...
Best
The Curator
Real Showmen don't play Farmville...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
That's a game, right?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Curator of the Unusual: My sincere apologies.

The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Quote:
On 2011-04-14 21:47, rossmacrae wrote:
Curator of the Unusual: My sincere apologies.

Wayne
I appreciate you sending me a Friend request, I just hope the Friends I suggested didn't scare you off...

The Curator
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Oh where, oh where has my Ballycast gone? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL