The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Cradle Control eBook - OUT NOW! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Hi everyone,

I've been working on a brand new card sleight called the cradle control, it has been certified as original by Jon Racherbaumer and best of all it is very easy to do - most intermediate card workers will probably be relatively comfortable with it in less than 30 minutes of practice.

In the 40 page ebook I explain 4 different versions of the control itself with colour photos guiding you through each step, the control works as many other things apart from a control, it is a very handy utility move and I explain 5 different applications for it (although I am sure there are more.)
Finally I teach 8 card effects using the cradle control and it's applications, all of these have been audience tested in real world environments and I have found all of them to be solid workers - I perform these tricks week in, week out at paid gigs.

Please see the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkYeppfeDSo for a quick performance of one of the many possibilities with this control.

This ebook is available directly from myself, if you'd like a copy please send £9.99 by Paypal to c_m_piercy@hotmail.com
If you have any questions regarding the control or the ebook please feel free to PM or e-mail me.

Kindest regards,
Chris Piercy
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
Looks good,..but seams very simliar to the "4 on the floor" control/trick!
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Hi there,

I'm really glad you like the look of it.

I came up with this independently of that control/trick but although I don't know the exact handling of it I think there are some similarities.
I think the angles are a lot better in the cradle control than on "4 on tha floor" and because of this it has many other applications which are explained in the ebook.

Kind regards,
Chris Piercy
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
For reviews of the ebook please see the thread below.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=159&10
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
The Cradle Control is a 40 page ebook written by Chris Piercy.
It showcases his brand new card sleight "The Cradle Control" - When most people here about a new control they usually assume that it's a multiple packet cut or something complicated to learn, the beauty of the cradle control is that it's very easy to learn and it is not a flashy and suspicious move it looks clean and pretty natural.
There are 4 different varieties of the control and each is taught in excellent detail without sounding patronising, there are plenty of photos to help with the teaching of the sleight.

Chris includes 5 applications for the sleight which instantly set my brain into thinking of tricks and effects that could be created with it.

Further to this Chris goes into full explanations of seven effects and describes an 8th effect too.

The effects -

Pocketed Reversal - A stunning 3 phase 2 cards to pocket transpo routine, the handling is made very clean and simple by using the cradle control to great effect.

Eraser - A variation of an all-backs routine, a double-backed card changes into a signed selection in the spectator's hands.

Anniversary Tango - Chris' take on the classic Anniversary Waltz plot, this will leave your spectators trying to peel "two" cards apart.

UCR - Unbitious card routine, using several versions of the cradle control Chris' routine brilliantly showcases the unbitious cards who hate being at the top of the deck and getting the limelight.

The Commuter - The cradle control could have been made for this fantastic take on the Marlo homing card plot

QUASHAPS - I was unsure about yet another Hofzinser Ace solution but this is so quick, snappy and simple that I can see myself performing this very soon

Card to Head - Brilliant effect for bar magicians, title is self explanatory!

Bizarre Intro - If you are lucky enough to know the sleights in this routine then you are on to a winner, if you don't you need to learn them - Bizarre Intro is a twist on John Guastaferro's Bizarre Prequel and is a superb effect that will leave your spectator's speechless.

Chris shares a few other ideas that he has had but hasn't developed yet which really got the creative juices flowing.

Chris has clearly spent a lot of time on this, thankfully as the book is fairly long Chris has included navigation from the contents page so you can just click and jump down to whichever part you want to.

He has also credited very thoroughly which is always nice to see.

Overall the ebook is very well written, everything is clearly explained and all the material is solid and audience-tested.

The sleight itself is brilliant and definitely one I'll be using.

All the best

R
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Hi everyone,

Great news!
The brilliant Donny Orbit has written a fantastic review of my ebook which can be found here.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=159&0

Not only that but Donny has also created an effect using The Cradle Control which is now being offered as a bonus routine for anyone buying the ebook.

Cheers,
Chris
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Would love to hear reviews from anyone that's bought it.

If you've bought it please PM me and I'll send you the video links to Donny Orbit's contribution to the project.

Regards,
Chris
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
You can get it as an instant download at http://www.mentalshocks.com
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Special Christmas Offer - The Cradle Control is available direct from me for just £5.00 - PM me for details.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Cradle Control eBook - OUT NOW! (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL