The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Bill Bixby "The Magician" theme music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Looks like the best place for the question...

In the mid-1970’s Bill Bixby starred in the prime time action show, “The Magician”. Mark Wilson was a technical advisor, appeared on the show, and became a friend of Bixby’s. The show ran for two seasons, with quite a few changes, including living quarters (a cargo plane and the Magic Castle) and chief confidants (Max and Dominic). I understand that when filming stopped, the IBM purchased the show, so it will never again appear on public airways.

I’m very interested in the theme song (purely for my personal enjoyment). I’ve found mp3 clips of the theme (a later version added a drum tattoo at the end).

Does anyone know if the music has a title other than “The Magician Theme”? And is there a longer version (more than 30 seconds or so?)

As I said, it’s just personal, but I’d appreciate any leads.

Thank you!
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
brian314
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
112 Posts

Profile of brian314
Where can I get all the episodes for the Magician?
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
I believe they can still be seen, but you have to visit the Magic Castle in Hollywood. (At least that's the info I have.) Smile
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
I just checked HULU, they usually have most old show… however no Magician. I think about 10 years ago Nick TV showed them… I could be wrong.

I too enjoyed the theme song… I like trumpets… it always reminds me of the theme song from The Green Hornet TV show.

Thanks,
Bruce
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
They used to sell bootleg copies on Ebay a few years back.

Back in the late 1970's they sold off the props. I picked-up a dove pan that was seen on the show. I THINK Jeff Busby had the inside track on the props.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7363 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I picked up a complete set off ebay a few years ago. It was very reasonable. Obviously, someone had converted them from saved video tapes. But they were good quality.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7363 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I just found a link for a set advertised by the same guy I got them from. http://cgi.ebay.com/Magicians-Magic-Magi......00wt_930

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Did you consider emailing Mark Wilson and see if he knew?
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
brian314
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
112 Posts

Profile of brian314
I will try that.

Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Bill Bixby "The Magician" theme music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL