The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Silver Sceptre Bag - Color? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I told the shop yesterday that we should start making bags in a color other than black.
I was thinking Red and Royal Blue.

Does anyone even care?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
My bag already is a different colour.... Too much black is overkill. Colour is nice, particularly for children's shows. Colour, in my opinion, brings life to the show.

John
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Frank, if I'd had a choice of colours, I'd definitely have gone for red or blue as you describe. Yes, I think it's a good idea.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Hi Frank,

I've got a black one and it doesn't seem to have made any difference what colour it is. If you do a different colour like a red of blue, I'd be in for buying a red one. Goes with a little colour scheme I've got going on. My bag ends up in the crowd of crazy screaming kids in every show I do and it looks like it will last for ever.

JoJo
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
As long as it does not detract from the stick, which is the center of attention, I see no reason why you shouldn't use color. But if the stick gets lost visually, it's not a good idea.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
As long as it's not the brown plastic version that I've just found split at the bottom of the boorwed bag I'm using I don't care.

Frank I think you may have a couple of orders next week.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Frank, I think that is a great idea! I made my own Silver Scepter bag out of velvet, and I chose a red, maroon-like color. I usually keep a stock of black velvet on hand, but I wanted a different color for the Silver Scepter.

Regan
Mister Mystery
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Well I like the black one and it will probably take about a hundred thousand more shows to wear it out, but when that happens I suppose if I had to pick another color I'd go with red over blue. Guess it is like a deck of cards, when given a choice I'll pick up a red deck first.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Ok, I guess that means we should start offering colors. I just added Red and Blue as options now.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Thanks Frank,

Yesterday, I had a real problem with the wand not sliding at all due to my wet hands and the heat (over 100 degrees F). Never encountered this before but I was using a borrowed S.S.

Any suggestions??
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Were you holding the wand and a silk together? or just the wand? if you're not using a silk I can see that as a problem.
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Or you might consider asbestos.

(Jeesh,is magiciansapprentice performing in foundries?)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Silver Sceptre Bag - Color? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL