The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Invisible Dove Harnesses/ Dove Bags (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Haagen
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Brian Haagen
I feel bad posting this, because I am pretty sure it has been beat to death in this section of the forum...But it is probably the easiest and I don't know exactly where else to look.
I am to be getting 5 doves in the near future getting ready to put together my first act. What invisible harnesses are recommended (safest as well) and where do I purchase them? I am also interested in dove bags as well. Any information on where I can get this items are extremely appreciated.
Thanks!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Brian, always nice to meet new and potential dove workers. You are correct in that this question has been discussed at length and there isn't one correct answer as to which is the best, however I will give you my opinion based on 25 years experience.

The 3 best dove bags I have seen on the market are from Gen Grant, Peter White, and Amos Levkovitch. The best invisisble harness, again in my opinion is by Tony Clark. Gen Grant's and Peter White's are similiar however Peter's are custom made for you. The dove bag from Amos is great for one hand productions. It really all comes down to what effects you want to do and how comfortable you are. I found the best method is to purchase one of each unless you can find someone willing to show one to you. Then you can make up your mind.

I'm sure you will receive several more responses from other members here since everyone has there own favorites and obviously they all work. Once you get the idea, you may even want to make your own, which is what I do. That way, they always fit the birds I use. I'll give you the contact information for each of these products.

Tony Clark: http://www.tonyclarkmagic.com
Amos Levkovitch: http://www.amosmagic.com
General Grant: ggmagic@aol.com (e-mail only)
Peter White: http://www.pasilks.com

You may also want to contact Denny Magic. He carries the Tony Clark line as well as Gen Grant. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions. As a new dove worker, I'm sure you'll have plenty.
Where the magic begins
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Check out the Andy Amyx holder...for sure the best dove holder in my opinion

http://www.andyamyx.com

-sperris Smile
DANSPERRY.COM
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I forgot about Andy's dove bag but actually I have never seen his. Again, the best dove bag on the market is the one that works for you. I've actually seen one magician take a cloth, put the bird in the center, fold up the corners and clip them shut. For his routine, it works great. For me, it would be a disaster. Price wise, most of them are about the same. Some come with an extra silk, some do not. Gen Grant offers a package with bag and pocket.
Where the magic begins
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Dave,

I want to see a bird prop before I buy other one. That is how I will know it is the best. Is there a web site that will show all the holders, bags and harnesses? If not, I might come to visit you.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Unfortunately, there is no web site for comparisons that I'm aware of. Even the individual sites like Tony Clarks don't show his bag in detail or even at all. For the most part, the bags are basically the same. It's the way they are held closed or the method to open them that differs. For example, some use velcro others use snaps. I prefer the snaps because they are silent but they don't work any better. Tony Clark offers a one hand self opening bag and so does Amos Levkovitch. Both open the same and provide the same result but they both close differently. Which is better??? Who knows.
Where the magic begins
Brian Haagen
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Brian Haagen
Hey Dave, thanks a lot for those links. I am currently checking them out and am looking to get a variety of them.
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
The Tony Clark holder is a great holder. His new one that doens't require opening is awesome. I am not sure where to get good invisible harnesses...a lot of the ones I have seen seem dangerous or are hard to put on your're bird. I think Andy Amyx has a good one but I haven't seen it. I know Dave Womach makes them and I can tell you they are the best I have seen (I use them in my own shows!!)
Zaubern Smile
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Tony's is a really nice invisible dove harness, the best ever invented. The one Andy sells, and Dave too if its the same verison, is sold by many different people. Its basically the same one I sell, with a few changes, but it was originally invented by Jim Raino(sp?) I know Victor and Diamond sell it and ICE has his version as well, similar to mine as far as added material to cover and hold more of the dove for more safety precautions.

Sperris Smile
DANSPERRY.COM
PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
I make my own, they aren't the greatest yet but I'm constantly improving them. I'm hoping to start selling them in about a year.
retrostylemagic
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
I also vote for Andy Amyx's for the invisible harness.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Invisible Dove Harnesses/ Dove Bags (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL