The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Double Faced Tape Resource (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I've been a fan of couble face tape for a while. I rarely use glue anymore - except for joints. The speed, lack of clean up, and flexibility I get from the tape out weighs the extra cost.

The technical term for the really thin double face tape is "Film Tape " or "adhesive transfer tape". Findtape.com is a great resource.
Here's a link http://www.findtape.com/category/tape-do......ape.aspx

Siga Tape is a brand available in wider widths for the flooring industry in rolls up to 12" (or more!).

There is a 1 meter wide tape for rubber tiles that's interesting. I never tried it for wood but used it on rubber and it worked really well.
http://www.nora.com/us/products/rubber-f......-dryfix/

I import a installation product for wood floors that is a double faced adhesive on a 1 Meter wide x 2 mm thick cushion. It is also available with a .08" thick cushion. Designed to expand and contract with the wood.

I hope this helps someone in their research.
Tom Paxton
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22576 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There is better stuff then that available at stationery stores. It is a adhesive film that you can roll on and can stick pieces together.

There is also a very strong film sold at fabric stores for 'quick sewing repairs' remove both backing and you have nothing but the adhesive film. This stuff is really strong.

There there is large sheets available at hobby/craft stores for large projects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Double Faced Tape Resource (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL