The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Detoxing off of the Odd Gathering 2011 in Livermore, CA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Feeling great!. The 2011 Odd Gathering is over. Got to spend time with old and new friends. Got to play magic with Eugene Burger. My one disappointment is that I didn't get to do my Flea Seance and rub Itching Powder onto the back of Eugene Burger's neck!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Obviously, you were up to scratch, even without the powder!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
And then there is Mr. Scratch---my master and maker of the Bone of the Elders. No Master! I told them nothing about who you really are. No! No! Keep away, Master! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
As in the past 2 years, Odd Gathering was again fantastic and unforgettable for me, despite the last-min loss of several friends, who, for a variety of reasons-just couldn't make it. (By the way, Walt, Dennfox has your tooth--he conjured it fair-and-square, got to work on your wards-). Eugene Burger was a joy, unpretentious, totally approachable, and VERY generous with his knowledge. He gifted us with several performances and talks, and I saw, for the first time, this cheerful, tongue-in-cheek bizarrist, turn into a genuinely scary and powerful Madman Smile, during his slates routine-an unforgettable lesson in scripting and the acting chops of a master performer.
Also met Michael Fraughton, and his soul-mate Lisa, both a delight, who performed his saddleback show--a full performance he carries during rides in the desert, and performs around a campfire for biker audiences--this included special-effects lighting and a martial arts demo! Thanks again brother!
So many great pieces were performed, I think everyone shared something--Kay showed several of the Nordic Gods-themed bits she uses on her annual trip to Iceland; ScottA his seance piece using Lillian's Diary; the Gleeful Evil of Clifford the Red; brilliant creativity from Ross the Bearded, Bellote, the Mad Dennfox, Tory; Christian Cagigal performed most of his current show---we had a class on typeface and fonts for prop documents, lots of good food and midnight movies--as well as constant sharing of new prop creations--just A+!
Thanks to Kay and Tory for the long and hard hours of organization that go into something like this; to Clifford and Ross who upgraded the audio-visual aspects to new heights; and to all the OG family-thanks for another year's worth of inspiration Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. :-(
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
You WERE missed Doug! AND Lori--however, you were represented by two of your newer creations-a mini-mer, (who was looking for a name) and what seemed to be a giant--flea? Quite repulsive it was--and yet... strangely attractive..
fraughton
View Profile
Veteran user
of books
327 Posts

Profile of fraughton
I can't wait to come back next year. I met some very fine magicians, and I really missed you Doug.
Beware of this and that.
fraughton
View Profile
Veteran user
of books
327 Posts

Profile of fraughton
Yes, as Balaram said- Thanks Kay and Tory.

You two organized and hosted an intimate yet (somehow) epic event.
Beware of this and that.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Well...we had planned all year for it. Had a designated 'appropriate $sum$' tucked away for it, some interesting 'things' and a special original routine and right at the last got hit with an unforseen 'obligation' that HAD to be paid. (Actually 2)

Public Appologies to Kay and Tory...we missed this not by design or desire...:-(
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Next year in the Holy Gathering!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Detoxing off of the Odd Gathering 2011 in Livermore, CA (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL