The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » I'm not sure this is the right place for this question, but ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

janeydanger
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia
5 Posts

Profile of janeydanger
Where do you list your services? Websites/local resources/etc.

I'm pretty new to the business, and while I'm expanding my skillset, balloons are what makes money for me to live on. I'm listed on gigsalad and thumbtack and a few other sites, but I'm always looking for new ways to promote myself and increase bookings. What suggestions do you seasoned vets have? Is it worth it to join gigmasters or another pay service?
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
There are about 1 million posts regarding gigmasters both pro and con. Run a search, brew some coffee, and you will be set for the afternoon.

Edd
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Think about and make a list of who your target market (or markets) is and that will give you a good starting point. If you don't have direction of who you are trying to reach, then you won't be able to find the right medias to utilize to reach them. For example, if your target market is kid's birthday parties, then think about where moms shop for performers. Those are the places to hit. The same goes for if you are trying to get baccalaureate parties.
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
271 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
Having a good website, with search engine optimization, would certainly be a good idea.
There’s lots of helpful information and ideas on the Café and else on-line.

Apparently, either you are finding people to do balloons for, or they are finding you. Let
then know that you also do magic. Business cards, flyers, give-aways for the kids with
your contact information may help.

Thom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » I'm not sure this is the right place for this question, but ... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL