The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Teddy Bear "Hairy" Houdini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Wiz Kid Wilhelmina's "Magic For Girls" e-Book has started publication, not with chapter one, on her "Magic Jacks" routine as originally planned, but with chapter two, "Teddy Bear Houdini." Don't let the "Magic For Girls" fool you into not giving it a look just because you are not a girl. It is destined to become a classic kid show trick, or I'll eat my Wizard hat.

Kids think it's very entertaining, when she has a bunch of them tie up her toy teddy bear with ropes, ribbons, shoelaces and what not- even locks and chains. When the helpers are done, they put Teddy into a box and then the box is tied (or taped) shut. The box is given to one of the helpers to guard and every once in a while, he is encouraged to give the box a shake to make sure "Hairy" Houdini is still working on making his escape. Soon you hear the sound of loose chains and locks coming from the box, but still no Bear emerges. Finally, the "Chief Assistant" spectator determines that time is up and the Bear needs to be rescued. The box ties are cut off and the box is opened by the helpers. Inside the box are all of the restraints and even the Bear's clothes, but no Bear. In the end, "Hairy" Houdini is found swinging "bear naked" from the back of the Chief Assistant.

The Escape Box is easily made from wood, hardboard, or cardboard. Wilhelmina's teddy bear was found in a local Dollar Store and the e-Book contains detailed plans on how to fit it all together.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Brad Lancaster
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Brad Lancaster
Hi Spellbinder,

Sounds like fun. You've got my order.

Brad
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Thanks for your interest. I should have mentioned that this is an early version of the e-Book and it still needs some photos of Wilhelmina in action to be added to it. With the Magic Nook, there is never any problem with us sending you updated versions as soon as they are available, no matter how long ago you purchased the original materials, so all purchasers will eventually be sent the updated version(s) of this e-Book as well. The e-Book is complete, but we are having a tough time pinning Wilhelmina down to take her photo with the props. She is always busy with school and she travels to cheerleading competitions as well, but as soon as I can add the photos I will have the e-Book updated. In the meantime, the photos are not necessary to understanding the construction of the props or putting together the routine, and, as always, if there are any questions, you can always e-mail me.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Teddy Bear "Hairy" Houdini (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL