The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism that I can do with a puppet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mrkmarik
View Profile
Regular user
New York
185 Posts

Profile of mrkmarik
Second for this movie MAGIC!!!
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Quote:
On 2011-04-20 09:31, Christoph wrote:
Mel Mellers on his Tickling the Mind DVD's uses a mindreading goose for one of his "experiments"...

I believe that routine -- which was a rather blatant knock-off of one of Steve Spill's signature pieces (which he and Bob Kohler have just made available within the past year or so) -- has been removed from Meller's DVD after he was taken to task for having included it.
Dick Christian
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2011-04-20 03:18, steveline wrote:
I asked a similar question last April.

I seem to remember I got a lot of negative responses

I was afraid there would be a lot of negativity when I read the first post.
I'm pleased that this has become quite a good thread.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Yea, I found the book; Mental magic you can do with a vent figure, and I just ordered it. I hope to get 2 routines I like out of it.
I'm going to check out psychic crayons.

I want to thank everyone.

If you have an idea you do not see here, I'm still interested.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Funnily enough, there is a Vent Doll effect by Greg Arce in Silent Running 3. This is out first week of May 2011.

Spectator imagines a playing card in her her mind and then locates that card in a deck.

Her chosen card has the word "dummy" written on it's back (in marking pen).

"It's not a comment about you" the performer adds! "Look at the rest of the cards..."

She does so and finds every card in the deck has a different word written on it's back.

"It's all about the big box over there..." the performer announces. "The big box that's been sitting there before I even invited you on stage. Could you please open it..."

The spectator opens the box and finds a VENT DOLL inside. A "Dummy" the performer reiterates!

To cap this off, he asks the spectator to reach into the dummy's jacket pocket. Inside she finds a MINI CARD that matches her selected card. What a double whammy this effect is. Great fun.

Cheers

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2011-04-20 18:09, mrkmarik wrote:
Second for this movie MAGIC!!!

The unrated version is better...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2011-04-22 03:46, Ben Harris wrote:
Funnily enough, there is a Vent Doll effect by Greg Arce in Silent Running 3. This is out first week of May 2011.

Spectator imagines a playing card in her her mind and then locates that card in a deck.

Her chosen card has the word "dummy" written on it's back (in marking pen).

"It's not a comment about you" the performer adds! "Look at the rest of the cards..."

She does so and finds every card in the deck has a different word written on it's back.

"It's all about the big box over there..." the performer announces. "The big box that's been sitting there before I even invited you on stage. Could you please open it..."

The spectator opens the box and finds a VENT DOLL inside. A "Dummy" the performer reiterates!

To cap this off, he asks the spectator to reach into the dummy's jacket pocket. Inside she finds a MINI CARD that matches her selected card. What a double whammy this effect is. Great fun.

Cheers

Benny

Sounds great Benny!! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism that I can do with a puppet (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL