The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Card Magic USA - Peter Duffie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Previously an Ebook now out as a softback book from Vanishing Inc. Price is the same as the Ebook ($29.95)
http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/c......dReprint
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Yay, Vanishing Inc! I want to get this now!
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
Wish I'd known when I bought the download
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I have the PDF, but I prefear regular books so Im going to buy this one as well anyhow.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
Any reviews?
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I have a TON of stuff that members have asked me to review so I am WOEFULLY behind. So, to keep it short: JCheng, BUY IT. If you are proficient with cards you will LOVE this stunning collection. In fact, if you BUY it and HATE it, I will BUY your copy! (the hardcover, not the PDF) But, IF you buy it, buy it expecting to put some work into it. This is not a book for beginners - though I am not implying that you are a beginner.

Best,
Vlad
moualb
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of moualb
Caleb has reviewed it in his blog. reproduced here : http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=159
Jonathan_Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
CT
211 Posts

Profile of Jonathan_Miller
I am a little torn about this, mainly because I hate e-books so much. From what I understand Vanishing, Inc. did not contact the contributors before deciding to publish this in print form. Then I just learned that Peter Duffie had allowed the contributors to sell the downloads themselves. I don't know the exact details behind this but considering how new it is that makes me understand some of the contributors frustrations. That some of the Vanishing, Inc guys are contributors themselves only clouds the issue further. I really like the idea that Duffie used for this, though having not really been paying attention to the magic scene for a couple of years I don't know if this is a new idea or not. Having the download made available from more sources is likely to increase overall sales and making it so that the contributors have a way to get compensated when they normally wouldn't in a case like this makes it all the more attractive.

So like I said, I'm a little torn about this but I really really really hate e-books so...
RyanAdams
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of RyanAdams
This is great, I highly recommend it.
I am too not a fan of ebooks...but this is worth the struggle!!
krazykat
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
87 Posts

Profile of krazykat
I finally worked my way through this big, big ebook, and I must say that I am very impressed. No matter what your skill level, you will find excellent, commercial magic here. Not every trick is a winner, but with the amount of material here, how could they be?
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Tons of excellent material and an excellent value as always from Peter.

Just as I was writing this, I got an email from Peter with a great offer. How spooky.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Card Magic USA - Peter Duffie (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL