The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Lost Symbol by Max Gordon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
You can find the original thread and announcement here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
Quote:
On 2011-04-07 09:29, dusty wrote:
I am looking for 6 members to review my new e-book, "The Lost Symbol"

Members of the audience perform amazing physical feats without knowing how they achieved it. Demonstrations of applied kineasiology combined with a secret something sneaky underhanded and devious thrown in to thoroughly baffle not only the audience but the participants as well.
No pre-show
No stooging (instant or otherwise)
Can be performed one on one for walk-about or with three spectators involved for cabaret.
Instant re-set for walkabout.

I think this routine deserves it's own thread with the name of the routine in the title for easier reference. The reason why I start this thread is because I tried this routine last Saturday for the first time for a paying audience. And it was one of the three most talked about demonstrations from my show. Next to my (unpublished) opener and my (pretty basic) PK touches routine. I didn't use the kicker ending, because for me this is more in the area of mental magic (or maybe even bizarre magic).

After the show people wanted to experience the power of the "Pecloba". I had to explain (for my own conscience) that the little piece of paper with the symbol only helps to strengthen their own beliefs and didn't have any real power. If I wanted to I could have sold the powerful Pecloba's for a very nice price to a lot of people. Maybe this isn't for everyone, but for me this is a very powerful routine that can play very big with and with no props at all packs very small. For me this is an AAA mind over body routine. And I believe that if you only try this once, you will see the potential.

For the record: Max (Dusty) Gordon did not ask me to post this review and I hope I'm not the only one who sees the strength of this routine.
dusty
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of dusty
Hi Bart,
Many thanks for the unsolicited review. I am pleased that you got to try it on real people and they experienced the "wonder" of discovering the power was actually themselves. I am really delighted that you decided to take the Pecloba principle and apply your own spin on it. Too many performers are happy to simply buy a routine off the shelf and perform it as described in the misguided belief that they will get as much out of it as the originator. We all have our pet routines which we have developed over the years and I hope that this will become one of yours.
Regards,

Dusty

aka Max Gordon.
"Always give 100%, Unless you're a blood donor!"

Exclusive publications available from:

www.solutions.yolasite.com
antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
132 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
I bought it, and I don't like it.
Why? Because it's a different presentation of a very well known series of actions that you can find (fully explained) on YouTube.
The ending is the only "original" part, but in my opinion this ebook is overpriced. £20 is a steal, but from my pockets.
Sorry, I don't recommend it. Who am I, by the way? I'm a professional mentalist, so I can tell if something is new, practical and doable.

andrea
dusty
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of dusty
Quote:
On 2011-11-23 13:32, antonuccio wrote:
I bought it, and I don't like it.
Why? Because it's a different presentation of a very well known series of actions that you can find (fully explained) on YouTube.
The ending is the only "original" part,

andrea

Hi Andrea,
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as are those posted positive comments elswhere. Including Peter Duffy's review in MAGIC

The initial series of actions can be found on YouTube, certainly if you knew what you were lookning for!!!! I was not "selling" the demonstrations, but the finale. The kicker that makes this
presentation original, as you yourself agree. I and many others have presented the routine and found it very "Do-able" It is certainly down to personal presentation. Sorry you found it not for you.
Regards,

Dusty

aka Max Gordon.

Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
I don't use the 'kicker' ending. For me that ending makes it lean more towards a magic trick. People won't find this on youtube unless indeed the know what to look for. I use this routine at almost every performance and in any kind of venue. It's always something people want to talk about afterwards. Just try it a couple of time before you throw it away.
dusty
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of dusty
Thanks Bart, back to my basic belief, it's not what you do, it's the way that you do it!
Regards,

Dusty

aka Max Gordon.

CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Many here do not like me here on Café because I speak the truth.Well the truth here is I like it yes I do.It's not what you do it's how you do it as Dusty says that counts.Good job Dusty well done.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Carl, I like you, so at least that is one. Smile.
Although I don't have this, I have other works of Max's and they are well thought out and very effective.

Tony
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Tony thank you and I like you to.I am a fan of yours your a great thinker.We are fans of each other give you a hint.You have a great Thanskiving today to you and your family and all here on the Café.
antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
132 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
I didn't want to offend anyone. I simply stated my opinion, based on real-world experience.
I can repeat it, if you like: I spent £20, and I'm not satisfied.
I didn't like the ebook, and I still think it's overpriced.
But now I understand what really happens when a negative review emerges every now and then... friends come to help!

Regards to everyone.
andrea
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Quote:
On 2011-11-24 14:27, antonuccio wrote:
I didn't want to offend anyone. I simply stated my opinion, based on real-world experience.
I can repeat it, if you like: I spent £20, and I'm not satisfied.
I didn't like the ebook, and I still think it's overpriced.
But now I understand what really happens when a negative review emerges every now and then... friends come to help!

Regards to everyone.
andrea

Who´s offended? I had to read through the tread two times, and only Dusty quote your post, that he has full right to do and he gave a reasonable answer. I can´t see that friends comes to help either. They only expressed their opinion.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Andrea:

We are all entitled to our opinions. I'm sorry if what I said offended you. Carlzen was the only one I meant to address.

Tony
antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
132 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
No problem, Tony! I'm ok with everyone.
andrea
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Lost Symbol by Max Gordon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL