The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Frank's Ghost - any opinions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

OTTOEMEZZO
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of OTTOEMEZZO
Sounds like an intriguing effect. However, I only see 1 review and not much discussion. Anyone have this work and currently use it?
"The Swan Song" is my last release to the mentalism community. Only a few copies remain!

"Unholy Grail" is now available! Features Perfected Day for Any Date, Ultimate PK Touches, Triple Drawing Duplication, and The Presence (my ghost effect)! Everything is 100% prop-less!

"Tres" LIMITED EDITION e-Book contains my signature "No Touches" PK Touches! Now SOLD OUT!

"Reverie" is for sale! Features extremely strong, 100% prop-less mentalism effects!

"Secret Files" is NOW AVAILABLE directly through me. Contains the EASIEST DAY FOR ANY DATE version!!!
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
I don't have this, but have seen Nick perform it on several occasions in various venues. Let me tell you, with the proper story, it is EERIE! I believe Nick and Bill provide the story in the directions. You don't need a bizarre setting for this to be effective, although it certainly would work in one. One night, after a show, Nick and a few friends from the show and I were having a snack at a diner on 8TH Ave and 34th St in NY. During just regular conversation, Nick introduced the story. Then Frank's Ghost manifested himself. I had no idea he was going to do this. The others almost choked on their food. we were in a crowded well lit diner. Still worked to great reactions. It is very visual.

It does require a setup, so I wouldn't do it for strolling. But can be done "impromptu"...ah well... as long as you are set up, that is. The setup takes under a minute, but still can't be done in front of people. This is great for a close up show, a bizarre performance, a seance, a platform show and just sitting around in an informal situation.

You do need hair for this to work, though. Smile

Really effective. Nick has been doing this for about a decade. I am sorry to see it being released.

Oh es, so why don't I have one if its so good? It doesn't fit my performing persona. And in our seance, things happen to the audience, not to me. But I reiterate, it is a visual and stunning effect. Well worth the price, IMO.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
If it comes from Nick and Bill, and Tony is endorsing it, I am sure it's pure gold for the workers who can milk every drop out of it.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I've used it and it is freakin' amazing.

So not to give anything away:

Method - simple for the physical effect

Presentation - that truly is the meat of this, and shows that "presentation" is truly the method for mentalism effects... and is cool.

Like all great art, the nidus is simple and spun so much it becomes a powerful kick to the psyche.

Spirit effect.

The hard part is avoiding mentalist guilt at the method of creating the physical chilling moment.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Its such a great effect. I was very pleased to work on this project.

Dr. The hard part is not falling on the ground with laughter because I just freaked everyone out with something so diabolically simple as this.

The reactions I get from some of the people when I see this their faces makes me want to roll on the ground sometimes. I did it for a friend the other day a big biker guy who ran out of the room screaming and I thought he was not afraid of anything.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
...i've been thinking about this, how about if you mix in the methodology used by banachek in his pk touches and mix it in with this...it'll take some adaptation, but might be useful...

as it is, its a fantastic bit of thinking...
I've asked to be banned
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2011-04-22 18:03, IAIN wrote:
...i've been thinking about this, how about if you mix in the methodology used by banachek in his pk touches and mix it in with this...it'll take some adaptation, but might be useful...

as it is, its a fantastic bit of thinking...

that's one of the ideas that I will use it Smile

Excellent add on for the "uncle" Pk Touch story.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I love the concept of this effect...I do have a question ! Do you have to have long hair , or will the effect work with shorter cut hair ?
I have hair,just wondering ! lol I have cut allot of hair off.

-G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Godzilla, I have longer hair and Nick has short hair both work fine. Now a burr hair cut will work but the movement will be considerable diminished. So I am going to say hair of 3/4 minimum. Now at the very short length on top of your head the movement will be visible but the longer the hair is the better.

Also note to everyone, I just recovered from a fatal computer crash I managed to save all the important stuff before reformatting the hard drive. So any question will be answered as soon as possible. I will be reinstalling and fixing the new system over the next few days and it may take a moment before I can respond, thanks Bill
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks for info, Bill !

-G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
psychicavel
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of psychicavel
Is a great effect. Recommended not just for seances but also for other scenarios.
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
From Bill Montana and Nick Belleas? I'll have to pick this up as soon as the budget allows for it again.
There is no trailer or performance video, is there?
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Timok, thanks,

Frank's Ghost will be available at Steven's Magic Emporium

Marc Stevens has them in and said they should be on the website this week.

Thanks
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I'm bald. Will it work?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
jaybest
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of jaybest
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 04:56, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
I'm bald. Will it work?

Not sure about the extra pieces within, but the main effect wouldn't work for you.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Bill:

I want to know if this effect will be included in the Phasmatis Opus book.

Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Frank's Ghost - any opinions? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL