The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magic_Mailman
View Profile
New user
Portland,Oregon
53 Posts

Profile of Magic_Mailman
Get a good book and work your way through it. When I started in magic I bought anything the dealer would sell me. Bad mistake on my part, There are so many principles,techniques and lessons you learn just from playing with simple (but very good) magic effects.One of the best lessons I have learned was Just because I learned the whole effect and could do the sleights...That didn't mean I could PERFORM it . So grab the Royal road to card magic or something and have fun!!

Smile
djrdjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
226 Posts

Profile of djrdjr
No problem with your narrative style here, Harry. I've learned a lot from you. Thanks!
doulos
View Profile
New user
Fort Worth, TX
61 Posts

Profile of doulos
I will say that I have had a lot more remorse over individual tricks I've bought as opposed to any of the books I have. That would also have to go for 95% of the DVD's I've bought. I have been learning more actual card control and effects with a normal ungimmicked deck than I ever had with gimmicked prop decks/packets. Taking that into consideration I don't want to be so one sided that I am considered a card man. I have recently renewed my lvoe for magic and started to show some friends that didn't know I did magic. The first time I did some card and finger ring magic. The second time I did NO card magic. I want to have enough of a cross section that I don't make an impression solely with a card effect.

The main advice it to find a topic or cross section, do your research, ask for trusted input, and get the books or DVD's that pertain to that topic.

Doulos
big Tom
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of big Tom
Hi I did not take the time to read all the reposts on you qeustons so sorry if this is repesitive but my advise if you realy want to learn good cards is to spend a little bit of money and get to great set start with daryls encyclopedia of card slights there are eight volumes and I sugest geting them all wacth them all and then after some practice with your slights then spring for daryls card revelations there are five volumes of this but agian I recomend all of them if you are a card freak then this is what you are looking for hope I have been of some help in your magic quest have fun
tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL