The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic At the Beach 2012-SC's Premiere Magic Convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Within the next few weeks the crew at Magic At the Beach will be unveiling some new plans and renovations to make this the BEST convention in the South East. We have asked your opinion and taken everything in. As if Magic At the Beach couldn't get any better.... IT WILL! Stay tuned to see what is exactly up our sleeves.

Cheers,

-Matt McCoy
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
That's right, Matt.

Everyone mark your calendars for 12-14 January 2012. Myrtle Beach SC is the place for what has quickly become the event that everyone talks about. If you've been, then you know. If you haven't, perhaps you've heard. If you haven't attended or heard then you need to experience it for yourself !!

Top-notch talent and an awesome location makes MATB the one event that you should not miss.

Keep your eyes here and on our website: http://www.MagicAtTheBeach.org for the latest information.

Our first announcements are coming very soon ...

Co-Chairman: Dave Tanner & Roman LePree
Corporate Liaison and Marketing: Michelle Householder
Talent Liaison and Stage Manager: Matt McCoy
Director & Event Coordinator: Mike Heidtman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7384 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
We'll be there and help where we can. Had a great time.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
No joke guys! This is a fantastic convention! Plan to go!
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, it is official … Magic At The Beach 2012 has released the names of the first 3 artists which will be appearing in Myrtle Beach, SC, USA, 12-14 January 2012 …

We are very proud to announce that Jeff McBride, Mike Caveney and Tina Lenert are coming to Magic At The Beach 2012 !!

More amazing talent will be announced very soon.

See our website at http://www.MagicAtTheBeach.org for all the latest information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Yes Mike!!!! We have finally announced just the first three of many names to come for Magic At the Beach 2012.

I want to point out that 2012 is a bigger and better convention. You still get the same awesome Gala show, awesome close-up show, two contests, opening banquet, and of course THE BEACH!

For 2012 we have added a bonus 7th lecture, our Banquet show will be featuring a LAS VEGAS HEADLINER, and an extra 1-man show has been added as well. That makes 4 fully staged shows all together!!! And we are a small fraction of the price of the Big conventions that offer all of these things.

The people asked and we delivered: JEFF McBride was one of the names all of our attendees requested to see. Not only will you see Jeff perform in every arena of magic and lecture but he will be giving a dose of his Magic and Mystery School. Eugene Burger calls Jeff, "one of the most influential teachers of magic of our time." We hope you take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity training one-on-one with this master teacher of magic. Each five hour session with Jeff is never like the other, and I think anyone who has taken it can attest to that. Spots are limited so sign up soon for your guaranteed slot with Jeff McBride and the Super Session. See the website for details.

In planning your convention travels for next year I hope you put Magic at the Beach on your list... It is said to be one the new favorite conventions everyone is attending.

We have more surprises in store, keep your eyes open as we reveal what's hidden at the beach.

Best Wishes,

Matt McCoy
Talent/Show Director
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Great ! We're there!
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Here is a highlight reel of JEFF McBride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQKlyUHOlY
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Hannah and I will be there!
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
I should hope so Brandon!!! Jeff is coming just for you, hahaha. You're welcome. (Just kidding Smile)

-M.
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
I'll be there. I can't wait.
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Morgan,

We are excited to have you coming this year as well!! I am sure you will like it a lot!! Best of luck on the opening of your show. I am sure there will be many magicians from the area giving their support.

-Matt
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-05-29 01:26, Morgan Strebler wrote:
I'll be there. I can't wait.

Morgan,

It was great seeing you and your crew at the press conference Thursday morning here at the beach. Wishing you all the best as you move forward with your new theater venue here. Looking forward to seeing you, too, at MATB2012 !!

Cap'n Mike
Seaside Showman
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Seems like there is a new "convention favorite"(used loosely) and he will be making his South Eastern debut at Magic At the Beach. Keep your eyes peeled next week for the announcement.

Best,

-Matt

p.s. I also needed to make a correction to a post I made earlier by saying we are having four shows. It isn't four.... IT'S FIVE! THERE'S: The Opening "Las Vegas" Show, All Star Close-up Show, All Star Cabaret Show, Special 1-MAN Show, and The Champions of Magic Show. Can't get any better than that for $135.00!!!!
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Email blast went out today !! If you didn't get it it's because you're not on it. Visit our website and signup today ... Here's what you missed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greetings to all of our Friends in Magic,

It's time again to start preparing for South Carolina's premiere magic convention - Magic At The Beach, the Southeast's newest and freshest magic convention. Last year was a great success and this upcoming year will be even better. Mark your calendars for January 12 - 14, 2012 and head on down to Myrtle Beach at the Ocean Dunes Resort and Conference Center.

Magic At The Beach Convention rate is $135/USD if registered before December 1, 2011. Rate after December 1st including any walk-up registrants will be $150/USD. Registration will be limited. All rooms at the Ocean Dunes are ocean front and rates are $59/night USD. You will need to make your room reservations directly with the Ocean Dunes Resort. All information is on our website. Convention package includes premium swag bag, Welcome Party, workshops, lectures, and shows.

Here are just a few of the talented performers already booked.

Our Headliner, Jeff McBride, is a three time award winner at the International Grand Prix of Magic in Monte Carlo, and is widely recognized as a foremost innovator and most exciting performer in contemporary magic. Naming him "Vegas' Best" Magician several years ago, the Las Vegas Review Journal wrote: "Light years ahead of the pack. McBride is easily the most exciting and mesmerizing magician I've seen in years."

Mike Caveney is a member of the most prestigious group of magicians in the world, The Inner Magic Circle of London, England. He was recently voted Stage Magician Of The Year by the famous Magic Castle in Hollywood. His talents have taken him from Japan to Russia, fro m Monte Carlo to Borneo, Australia, China, throughout Europe and most of the 50 States. On television, Mike was named one of the New Vaudevillians and the Hollywood Reporter described him as, "...one of the funniest magicians in America."

Tina Lenert, an accomplished entertainer, has enchanted audiences worldwide and is known for combining elements of pantomime and magic. Her magic skills were developed by being a regular performer and life member of Hollywood’s Magic Castle, where she was voted Stage Magician of the Year by the Academy of Magical Arts & Sciences.

Save the dates and we will see you in the upcoming year in beautiful Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Special Announcement - Jeff McBride has agreed to lead his Super Session one-day workshop. This will be held on Sunday, January 15, 2012 and will be for an additional fee. See our website for details !!

January 12-14, 2012
http://www.MagicAtTheBeach.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Recent convention favorite makes his first stop in the South East. And where better than Magic At the Beach? For 2012 we will have New York Magician ASI WIND joining us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ASI WIND-Spontaneous and unpredictable, Asi's performances are a roller-coaster for the mind. Combining a free-spirited playfulness with superb skill and a uniquely creative mind, NYC based Corporate Mentalist (mind reader) Asi Wind treats each audience to a truly memorable experience.

He is globally hailed by magicians as being one of the few performers in the world to constantly innovate, develop, and perform entirely original material. Indeed, when a magician wants to be fooled, he attends Asi's show. No surprise, then, that a committee of his peers recently presented him with the International Merlin Award for "Most Innovate Show" - an award previously given to David Copperfield, Criss Angel, and Penn & Teller.

In addition to being the headliner at New York's longest-running magic show, and the performer of choice at the city's most upscale private events, Asi is frequently asked to invent and design ideas for other magicians worldwide. He is currently one of the main advisors for David Blaine's upcoming television special - a project that, for now, remains secret.

Asi Wind was born and raised in Tel Aviv, where he was voted "Best Magician in Israel." He currently resides in New York City, and spends most of his year performing across the globe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JEFF McBride, MIKE CAVENEY, TINA LENERT, and ASI WIND. More names to come. The biggest surprises won't even come until after December 1st so make sure to register early. Last year we had around 225 magicians come. To keep it the same, intimate atmosphere we are capping it off at 250 magicians. Once we hit our limit no more registrations will be sold. TEN international stars of magic, FIVE shows, SEVEN lectures, and one heck of a good time. Register Today!!!!

Click here to view attached image.
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Another Name Announced:

Direct from Paris, France.

Magic At the Beach tries to have a few surprises and unknown
magic sensations. For 2012 we have found a European jewel that
is coming for the first time to the U.S.A!!!!! I promise you
have never seen him at another magic convention in America.
Magic At the Beach is bringing one of France's most sought
out cabaret performers. He has worked some of the most
prestigious theatres in Europe and for the first time he is
bringing his combination of magic, mime, music, comedy, and circus
acrobatics to America. Do not miss the highly entertaining
magic of XAVIER MORTIMER! Xavier is just as excited as we are
to be coming to the States.
------------------------------------------------------------

XAVIER MORTIMER
Corn-fed on a farm in Southwestern France, Xavier packs up his
suitcase to travel the world while creating shows that blend magic,
circus acts, music and comedy.

Xavier Mortimer studied at the Music and Dance Conservatory of La
Rochelle, as well as the Desmond Jones Acting School in London and
the Jacques Lecoq Acting School in Paris.

At the age of 15, he creates his first show, a combination of magic,
mime and comedy. Thereafter, he wins several prizes for Magic (1st
place at the Albano International Congress in Italy, Gold Star at
the L’Eau d’Olle magic festival in France).

A truly complete performer, he is the recipient of several more
international prizes for Magic rewarding his shows. He achieves
public recognition with his show « L’Ombre orchestre » (The One-
Man Shadow Orchestra) created in Avignon in 2006 and subsequently
performed in Paris and worldwide more than 600 times.

Xavier Mortimer is both the creator of and performer in visual
shows that he presents internationally. What’s more, he not
only composes the music for his own shows, but for other shows as well.

http://www.xaviermortimer.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------

How's that for a 4th of July present? Keep looking out as we slowly add
more and more names. Don't forget to register before December 1st. Cut-
off is 250 people. This year most of our surprises are staying hidden
before that date so register EARLY. If you have been to Magic At the
Beach then you know you have nothing to worry about, if you haven't just
ask anybody who has.

JEFF McBride, MIKE CAVENEY, TINA LENERT, ASI WIND, and XAVIER MORTIMER!
See you at the beach in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Matthew McCoy
MATB Talent/Show Director
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Also a website has been added for the Champions of Magic Show
at the gilmore. If you want to buy tickets for the family
that is coming to the convention as well you can find out
ticket and general information there.

http://www.championsofmagicshow.com

Convention info is at:
http://www.magicatthebeach.org

Best,

-Matt
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Matt !!

And remember, a reserved, premium ticket for Champions of Magic is included with your convention registration. If other family members are traveling with you yet not registering for the convention but would still like to attend the big show, let us know when you register and we will ensure that they are seated with you.

Magic At The Beach 2012 ... it just keeps getting better and better !!

See http://www.MagicAtTheBeach.org for all the 411.

Mike Heidtman
Director, MATB2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Xavier Mortimer is great !
Other great European names that have not been to the states often are:
Jerome Helfenstein - his new Black art act is one of the best ever!
Alana - watch out for her, she will be a FISM favorite.
Laurent Beratta: great card manipulations & great presentation of Blaney's ladder suspension
Rafael: he killed with his new lecture at the Magic Circle in London and he is a very funny and a very creative magician/illusionist.

Other favorites are Jerome Murat and Timo Mark but they have appeared on many conventions before.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic At the Beach 2012-SC's Premiere Magic Convention (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL