The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Card Trail by Cameron Francis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Hi all,

Just got a review copy of Cameron Francis' upcoming Ebook: Card Trail.
Here's the Ad Copy:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"While on my overseas journey this past month, I was busy working on a new ebook that, in my opinion, might well be my best one yet. "Card Trail" contains five brand new commercial card routines and one in-the-hands false cut.

In addition to lay people, I've shown a lot of this material to some very well respected magicians and the responses have been fantastic. One trick in particular called "Improbable vs. Impossible" seems to have really captured people's imaginations.

I am very excited to share this material with you and hope you get as much great use out of it as I have.

The "Card Trail" ebook will be available on Wednesday, April 27th".
---------------------------------------------------------------------
From a flick through, this Ebook is one of his best yet!
The material is SO commercial. Full review coming soon!

Kyle
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thanks, Kyle. I sent out a few preview copies so maybe reviews will start popping up.

I know I'm biased but I think this might well be my best ebook yet. The material is practical, commercial and pretty off-beat. It goes on sale Wednesday.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
I'm officially intrigued - I'll be keeping an eye out for this
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
I look forward to reading this. Smile - Glad to hear from you Cameron on your new eBook.

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
I just read Alienation - love it.
Full review later today, but for now, this Cameron's best Ebook to date IMHO.

Kyle
KingOfDiamonds
View Profile
Elite user
Paris
426 Posts

Profile of KingOfDiamonds
Just had a read with the cards in hands.

Providence is my new favorite sandwich trick! A lot of effects happen, not hard to do and everything looks logical.

I also appreciated your variation on the Tucker move. I've always loved this move (it looks so magical!) but couldn't come up with my own variation. The switching effect between the bill and the card is very well thought!

The Ace production is really cool too.

Didn't try the color changing deck effect yet.

If you have purchased previous ebooks/dvds from Cameron, you know what to expect. If you don't know it yet but appreciate the magic of Aldo Colombini, Peter Duffie or Stephen Tucker, you won't be disappointed at all.
NEW E-BOOK! Sneak: 12 card tricks based on the same principle.

https://www.lybrary.com/rapha%c3%83%c2%abl-czaja-m-534.html?affid=3322
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Thanks, Raphael.

I'm trying something new with this ebook (new for me, anyway). After the description of each effect, there is a link which takes you to an unlisted YouTube page where you can see a demo video of each effect. This way you can see the effects in action.

I think this might appeal to many of you as some people have difficulty imagining how an effect should look when they read it. Won't be a problem with this ebook.

Here is a demo of one of the effects from the ebook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrLwSza6eSU
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Providence looks brilliant. Definitely something I'd perform.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Available in three hours...
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Price?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

$12. Plus you get another ebook for free (for a limited time).
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Out... NOW!

:)
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
REVIEW - Card Trails by Cameron Francis
------------------------------

To start...

If you haven't heard of Cameron Francis, then... where the heck where you for the last 5 or so years that he has conquered the magic world? Cameron Francis is a Floridian magician and a lean, mean, magic machine, churning out commercial and stunning effects at a ludicrously (And sickening to other magicians Smile ) quick pace. His magic is simple, direct and hard - hitting. He has written several Ebooks including the much loved 'Moment's Notice' Series, and has released countless DVDs, packet tricks and has lecture around the world.

About the Ebook

Card Trails contains 5 commercial card effects and a versatile false cut. Here is the official Ad - Copy:

********************************************************************************************************************
""""""""""""""Cameron's best ebook yet! Five effects and one in-the-hands false cut! Jaw dropping card magic that's big on impact and easy on the knuckles. Fun plots and novel methods abound in this compilation of pasteboard chicanery.

IMPROBABLE VS. IMPOSSIBLE -- A prediction effect and four Ace production... sounds weird but it's really cool!

OUT OF POCKET -- An INSANELY VISUAL card and bill transposition!

SAVING ACE -- A Triumph/Ace location effect that makes you look like a sleight of hand master, but is pretty easy to do.

PROVIDENCE -- A sandwich effect with a big twist.

ALEIN NATION -- An off-beat color changing deck routine.

THE JUST ENOUGH CUT -- An in-the-hands false cut that's just flashy enough without being gratuitous.

This photo illustrated, 14 page PDF comes complete with video links so you can see performances of all of the effects."""""""""""""""

****************************************************************************************************************************************
Certainly has a lot to prove! Does it reach the high standards that Cameron has set? Let's take a look...

Production

The production quality is top notch - it has a well designed cover, and a simple and slick layout. The font is very easy to read, and everything is written up in a professional and gramatically correct manner. Pictures are used to a great frequency, and they are crystal clear. In addition, Cameron generously gives us 5 video demos containing the tricks, so we can see what they look like when performed!

Credits

The Ebook is very well credited throughout - Cameron references all moves and inspirations. My favourite credit was that he credited a so called Kyle MacNeill (ME! Smile ) for his effect: AlienNation. Apart from that small bias, the credits are honestly great!

Introduction of the Ebook

The introduction gives us an brief insight about the Ebook. He then directs us to very useful things - He explains about the demo videos dotted around the tricks, and he also gives us a short list on what we will need for these tricks (Marker, Paperclip e.t.c). I honestly love the list idea, as I agree with him - I quote:

"I know when I read through a magic book, I can suddenly feel really lazy when making the discovery that I need a gaff or two for an effect. Most of the time, I don't feel
like getting off my rear end to grab the gimmick or gimmicks so I'll just skip the effect and come back to it another time.... Maybe."

I don't know about you guys, but I feel the same way!

The Tricks

1.Improbable Vs. Impossible

This is a great trick with a perfect plot. In essence, 3 piles of 3 cards are removed from the performer, not shown to the spectator, and placed onto the table. The spectator cuts the deck to three cards, and when looked at they match the piles behind them! For example, say a 9, 3, 7 are dealt. The piles they were dealt next to are the 9s, 3s, and 7s! Now for the kicker: You explain about the difference between impossible and improbable. That earlier feat was improbable, where as THIS is impossible - The spectator can now turn over the top card of the deck and the three piles to find the 4 Aces!

Great effect, would play well as a closer - 9/10.

2.Out of Pocket

This is a super - easy and super - visual transpostion between a folded note/bill and a selected card! A card is selected and , and a bill is folded into eighths, and placed into the performers pocket. The card is shown on the face of the pack, and the performer acts surprised, as he explains that the spectator chose the ONE 'money card' in a deck of cards! 'Here, I'll show you...' And at that moment the magician takes the card off the pack... and it visually suddenly morphs into the SIGNED bill/note! Now the spectator can remove the card from the magician's pocket, where the bill was!

Very visual and simple, but will need an extra few things - 8/10.

3.Saving Ace

This is a highly elegant production of the four Aces, mixed with the classic Triumph plot. A shuffled deck is shuffled face up and face down, and cleanly shown to be mixed up. Then, from a series of elegant (but surprisingly not too hard to do) cuts and flourishes, three of the Aces are found. The magician then spreads the pack... and it has completely fixed itself, as it is now all face up except for one face down card... the last ace! A flashy opener, not too hard to do, and quick setup.

Flashy, easy and hard - hitting. 9/10.

4.Providence

This is a awesome sandwich trick! It is a sandwich trick mixed with a transposition. Here's what happens: A card is selected and lost back into the pack. The two black Kings are given to the spectator to hold. The red Kings are lost into the pack face down. With a snap of the fingers, the red Kings are found face up in the middle of the pack, with one face down card in between... the selection! Then for the kicker, the black kings in the spectator's hands turn into three cards - the three mates of the selection!

You are left with a four of a kind. A transpo, sandwiched card, magical reversal take place, and it is easy but so magical and direct. Trick of the Ebook for me - 10/10.

5.AlienNation

This is Cameron's version of my 'Abduction effect'. Cameron has taken this to a WHOLE new level, and has streamlined it greatly. Basically, a selected card is lost into the pack, and two odd backed Jokers (red Jokers, blue pack) are cut face down into the face up pack. Very cleanly, they are found in the middle of the pack, with the selection in between! Then, the magician explains that it was easy for the Jokers to capture the card, as they went in disguise - they are seen to have changed into two of the mates of the selection! Then for the kicker, the magician explains that the Jokers were aliens, and abducted the whole town. With a gesture the WHOLE DECK is now RED, leaving the two blue mates on the table with the ONE blue card - the selection!

BRILLIANT. So easy to do, streamlined, and magical! Joint trick of the Ebook. 10/10.

6.The Just Enough Cut

A false cut, that is flashy, but not too so. Leaves the whole deck in order, and is simple but effective.

I will use this! 8/10.

Conclusion

This is such a brilliant Ebook. It contains 5 commercial effects, one great false cut and 6 video demos, all for a great price of $12.
Not only that, but you also get a FREE EBOOK if you buy it from Cameron's site, here! http://www.cameron-francis.com/Card-Trail.php
It is well written, and at the end of the day, is Cameron's best Ebook yet!

Well done Cameron!

Best wishes to all,

Kyle MacNeill
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Kyle, thanks for the review. Much appreciated. Glad you like Alien Nation. It's funny because for a while now, I've been trying to think of a good color changing deck routine that didn't use loads of "proving" moves. Without the inspiration of your trick, it wouldn't have happened.

BTW, anyone old enough to get the Alien Nation reference? James Caan, Mandy Patinkin? For years I never got the double meaning of the title... Felt pretty stupid once I got it.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 15:43, Cameron Francis wrote:
Kyle, thanks for the review. Much appreciated. Glad you like Alien Nation. It's funny because for a while now, I've been trying to think of a good color changing deck routine that didn't use loads of "proving" moves. Without the inspiration of your trick, it wouldn't have happened.

BTW, anyone old enough to get the Alien Nation reference? James Caan, Mandy Patinkin? For years I never got the double meaning of the title... Felt pretty stupid once I got it.

No worries!
If ANY ebook deserved a lenghthy review, it was this one!
And thanks, I am flattered. Smile
Don't know the reference Smile

Kyle Smile
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
First impressions, having watched all the performances, are definitely good.
I'll have an in depth look when I get a chance and will post my thoughts here.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Thanks, Chris! Would love to hear your thoughts.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Great e-book!
I have most of Cameron's e-books and this is one of my favorites!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Jeff, man, thank you so much!
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi all

Was sent this a couple of days ago and took some of the ideas out to a couple of gigs, the material in this ebook is superb as is expected from Cameron.
All of the routines are practical and work well in working environments.

Alien nation is the effect that took my interest the most, very clever mr Francis.

All in all another great set if of effects from a very creative mind.

Well done

All the best

R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Card Trail by Cameron Francis (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL