The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » I've been watching you. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
...That probably sounded creepy in the wrong way.
I've been lurking these parts of the Café for about a year.
And you've all taught me so many things, I wanted to say thanks.
Rather than post the same old questions I listened silently and learned everything I could.
I've bought many books on the subject of the bizarre, in an effort to acquaint myself
more with a fascination I've always had. From the likes of "Spirit theater" and "Invocation" to "Séance"
and allot of e-books in between. I spent quite a bit of money on "props" (looking at you Rick)
and managed to convince my Fiancée That I might "age" our wedding cake if she doesn't watch me 24-7.
I have no formal background in "magic", but I think I've always been into "magick".
Yes I know how to use the search function, and I have pretty much read the entire back catalog here.
Youtube exposure led me to this place eventually, and exposure here (the Café in general) allowed me to learn allot.
CT IT TT etc etc. I feel happy, and irked at the same time though; Because although It helped me get my feet wet,
It also allows "others" in on the secret as well... And I kind of wish no one else could ever find out. However
I doubt most casual people would ever spend a year lurking spooky and or penny, since no one here is promoting
anything resembling in your face street magic.
At some point I hope to be able to contribute and be seen as more than just an "armchair bizarrist".
Also I think it important to note, that while I do LOVE performing, and have already jumped in and had my own séance
and routinely do readings for friends and family; I understand the importance of acting, and practice.
that's why I scripted my entire séance, routine and all, and rehearsed for 8 months...
I'm still working on it while resisting the urge to keep adding more and more,
understanding the importance of the one rap theory.
Well, I feel like I'm rambling so I'll finish up.
I just wanted to thank all of you here for devoting yourselves to the art, and for contributing tirelessly.
Also thanks for keeping it civilized down here.
Thank you all.
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
No, thank you.
I understand everything you say, and recognise me of old.
Welcome aboard, now you're "out"!
[
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1346 Posts

Profile of handa
Wow...this was the exact opposite of the right day for me to open this page and see this particular thread heading at the top of the list. It successfully creeped me out in a very uncomfortable way, but that's just the audince member bringing his baggage into the theatrical experience.

Well done! I needed that bit of stress relief!

Now it's time to pay it forward. I think I'll go and Rick Roll someone Smile

Chris
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
I should also add, I think it's a pity you've maybe not had the benefit of the wit of Mr Bill Ligon, and the wisdom of Baba. A few good friends left these green pastures, but let's just say they are now healthily jaundiced!
And the Yellow King himself? It was also a treat to have the good doctor back. (and he seems to have reanimated Brother K, who's working at such a clip with some of his most evocative work yet!)

Yes, I'm with Chris. Sometimes appreciating what you have is a good way to feel happy.
[
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Well lurked, and welcome.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Thanks gents, I hope to get to know you all a little bit better as time goes by.
My mom always told me, "God gave you two ears and one mouth. Use them in equal proportion."
So I try to listen much and talk less, which is kind of hard since I love spinning yarns and telling tales.
I think I'm in good company.
D Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Virginia
370 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
Welcome to the board. You are among fiends er I mean friends here.
Your Friend in Fright,
Doug
Check out our Fast 50 @
https://unclechopsmagicshop.com
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5189 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Welcome Stoltz. After having been in magic since 9, I find myself drawn more and more to this dark hallway of the Café. It's funny how you sometimes find the brightest people in the darkest places.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Arkadiy K
View Profile
New user
November Woods
65 Posts

Profile of Arkadiy K
"Because we're Addamses!!!"

Finding this particular forum felt like coming home to me as well.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Of course, because after all, the stars shine brightest after the sun sets.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
I think on some level many of us are here because we want to put the magick back in magic! Smile
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Indeed, evoking that strange sense that somehow for a moment the very laws of the mundane world are rendered inert
and no matter how strange, the impossibility of the situation is the only possibility.
Moving someone from the comfort zone, to the twilight zone, that is what drives us. (I do not assume to speak for anyone but myself)
I imagine that's what haunting someones dreams might be like. Of course, I would never want to ruin someones good nights sleep...
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5189 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
With all of the rapidly evolving technology that surrounds us everyday, I think people are becoming more jaded to normal, physical magic...tricks with everyday objects. Perhaps they are welcoming the opportunity to experience the paranormal, the metaphysical, and the supernatural. It's still a strange, unexplored frontier, where the earthly laws as we understand them, may not exist. It's a brave new world, and we are merely guides.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
Glad to see you here Mr. Stoltz. Your input is great!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » I've been watching you. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL