The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Make Believe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/makebelieve/

In Make Believe, director J. Clay Tweel follows six adolescent outsiders who all share an extraordinary passion: the art of magic. Armed with great skill and a dazzling array of illusions, these teenagers embark from the varied hometowns of Malibu, California; Chicago, Illinois; Capetown, South Africa; Littleton, Colorado; and Kitayama, Japan to attend the annual World Magic Seminar in Las Vegas, where they each hope to be named Teen World Champion by master magician Lance Burton. The film's six subjects are remarkably assured and dedicated entertainers. Offstage, however, they face the diverse obstacles of adolescence: loneliness, high parental expectations, the pressures of impending stardom, abject poverty, and the deep desire to fit in. With great humor, honesty, and heart, Make Believe reveals an enduring world that audiences know little about while it also explores a time of life no one ever forgets.
jtb
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of jtb
I watched it. (It has been playing on on the Showtime cable stations.)

It does a nice job of letting us get to know these teenagers so we care about them. It shows some of their magic but it is more about the six people and their background. I enjoyed it and I think it is definitely something magicians will enjoy.

It is not a show that I would watch a second time but I was absorbed in it when I saw it.

JB
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1091 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Make Believe is now streaming on netflix!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Definitely worth a watch!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
dylmagic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of dylmagic
As a South African and a magician I am proud and I'm friends with siphiwe on face book
adamsexton771
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of adamsexton771
Make believe IS AN AWESOME Documentary,,,, love it.
bstokes
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of bstokes
It's available on Netflix instant play.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Make Believe (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL