The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review 49 - 27-4-2011: (Witness, Way of the Shinobi, Naked Zombie Ball, Pop Card) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Korhan
View Profile
Regular user
Istanbul, Turkey
105 Posts

Profile of Korhan
New episode is up; guess who has returned?

Link to show - Click Here!
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
I don’t know, after watching this week’s episode I’m really confused.
I’m not much of a card flicker, and never was. However I was giving some serious thought to perhaps purchasing “The Way of Shinobi” by Emran Riaz just to obtain a good card control, and or a good force.
Now I’m not sure if I should buy it or simply use the card control used in “Pop Card"
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Stapper
View Profile
New user
the netherlands
91 Posts

Profile of Stapper
The card control of "Pop Card" is for free.
And if you send me an email, I will learn you the criss-cross-force for the same price Smile
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of rjs
They rave about the shinobi control used as a force and claim it's superior to the classic force.
It's a cool move, but the major weakness of the shinobi is that , unlike the classic force, the 'chosen' force card is turned face up for all to see.
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
626 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
Agreed. This would significantly limit the effects you could perform with it. The fact that you don't know the identity of the card selected is part of the perceived impossibility of many card tricks. In fact, I often use this to throw off spectators, instructing them to make sure I don't see the card they have selected and then emphasizing that there is no way I could know their card after they have replaced it in the deck.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 13:37, rjs wrote:
They rave about the shinobi control used as a force and claim it's superior to the classic force.
It's a cool move, but the major weakness of the shinobi is that , unlike the classic force, the 'chosen' force card is turned face up for all to see.

Actually, they didn’t claim it to be superior to the Classic Force. They only claimed it was better if one did not know how, and or willing to take the time to learn the CF and the chance that the force card in a CF does not work out.

Other than that I would have to agree that the Shinobi force card seems to be a face up card which would certainly be very restrictive as to when you could use it.

Quote:
On 2011-04-27 13:24, Stapper wrote:
The card control of "Pop Card" is for free.

And from what I saw.....so should the DVD! Smile
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
They did claim it to be superior compared to the Classic Force. It's implied when they say, "This is the best force I have ever seen."
Dave also said, "That is better than the Classic Force."

I'd like to know if it's possible to do the control/force without exposing the face of the card.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 15:48, jprace wrote:
They did claim it to be superior compared to the Classic Force. It's implied when they say, "This is the best force I have ever seen."
Dave also said, "That is better than the Classic Force."

I'd like to know if it's possible to do the control/force without exposing the face of the card.

Go back and look, or I should say; listen at 6:51 - 6:60 to what Dave says. But, whatever as it's obvious they were both very taken with the Shinobi force.

As to whether it can be done without exposing the face of the force card I have no idea, but the very same question was asked HERE on the Shinobi thread.
~Yogi Berra~

davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
JAy Sankey has what looks like a very similar force he has been using for years. Topper?
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of rjs
Which DVD is the Sankey move on?
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Sankey uses no such force, and the move you are in fact thinking of has nothing remotely similar except for where the force card comes from. What you are thinking of is also not a Sankey move... I believe it was originally created by Frank Garcia.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
IMO, the force isn't THAT good. Pretty nice, but Hofzinser spread force is way cleaner IMHO.
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of rjs
Found it! Sankey explains Topper on his revolutionary card Magic DVD and credits Garcia.
Shinobi is not the same as this.
RichardSand
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
56 Posts

Profile of RichardSand
I think the Sankey force people are referring to is the Wichita Slip force.
Also Patrick Kun's Mirror Force is also quite nice and doesn't show the back of the card Smile

I use this and the riffle force mainly. Shinobi only for select effects where it doesn't matter if I see the card I'm forcing.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant. - Alan Greenspan
howie3
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of howie3
Hay Craig did you visit Boston, MA? Where did you get the hoodie from? I hope you liked my city.
RichardSand
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
56 Posts

Profile of RichardSand
Actually your probably not referring to that as it also doesn't look anything like shinobi Smile sorry... where is my mind (pixies)
I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant. - Alan Greenspan
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
I like the Shinobi control myself, but I agree, the Hofzinser spread force is hard to beat.

Would it be so hard to turn your head away if you don't want to see the selected card? The slight is easy enough to complete without looking, and it may even add to the casual nature of the move.
SimonG-97
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of SimonG-97
Can anyone honestly say if witness is worth getting , and would it be practical to use strolling?
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 12:58, SimonG-97 wrote:
Can anyone honestly say if witness is worth getting , and would it be practical to use strolling?

Do a search and you'll find a few threads about Witness on the Café as it is not a new effect, and has been out since 2007 (I think). HERE is one of the more lengthy ones.
~Yogi Berra~

Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
The Shinobi force is limited I agree, but isn't most everything these days?

I can think of several card effects that require the chosen card to be turned face up for the magician to see. I realize that there are many more thought up card effects that require the supposed selected card to not be known by the magician, but either way, I like having several different methods to use at my disposal.

I find that I prefer using several different forces, rather than sticking to just a few. And, I find some forces work better with certain effects than others do. It also changes things up so that I'm not always forcing cards the same way.

As for the Shinobi force, I of course use it in an ambitious card routine utilizing the force as the first move to bring up the card to be signed. I think it's very visual. I also like using it when switching the force card with a gaffed card already on top.

I bought the download from Theory11 when it was first released and will admit that I was very pleased with my purchase. It has several practical uses, and isn't too hard to learn.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review 49 - 27-4-2011: (Witness, Way of the Shinobi, Naked Zombie Ball, Pop Card) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL