The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Product Review from World Magic Shop » » Wizard Product Review 49 - 27-4-2011: (Witness, Way of the Shinobi, Naked Zombie Ball, Pop Card) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2849 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 09:04, RichardSand wrote:
I think the Sankey force people are referring to is the Wichita Slip force.
Also Patrick Kun's Mirror Force is also quite nice and doesn't show the back of the card Smile

I use this and the riffle force mainly. Shinobi only for select effects where it doesn't matter if I see the card I'm forcing.

That's the force I was referring to; "Wichita Slip Force" Thanks for identifying it for me.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
MichaelGristMagic
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
68 Posts

Profile of MichaelGristMagic
Can the card be signed for witness?
Magic is propar class like hew! Smile

"Pick a card"
"why?"
"So I can find it"
"why?"
"Because I can..."
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
728 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On 2011-04-29 09:39, MichaelGristMagic wrote:
Can the card be signed for witness?

no it can't
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks for your comments on the new show guys. Sorry if Dave and I haven't been around as much we've been very busy - especially Dave.

Anyway yes the problem with the Shinobi is that you have to see the card your forcing. Obviously thus is a consideration (which I forgot to mention) but the actually force is still the best I've ever seen. There are many routines that seeing the card doesn't matter. For those routines when it is an issue you can either look away, re-routine the effect your performing or just use a different force. Although the Shinobi is very good there are other great forces as well. Some forces work best in different situations and the Shinobi is no different.

Bottom line I think the Shinobi concept is well worth learning but obviously that's just my opinion!

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 09:23, howie3 wrote:
Hay Craig did you visit Boston, MA? Where did you get the hoodie from? I hope you liked my city.

Hey!

Most of my family live in Hudson so I go over there to visit whenever I can. I LOVE Boston - favourite city ever - but the airport is a nightmare!

Thanks for watching the show BTW!

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
Hay Craig did you visit Boston, MA? Where did you get the hoodie from? I hope you liked my city.

Quote:

Hey!

Most of my family live in Hudson so I go over there to visit whenever I can. I LOVE Boston - favourite city ever - but the airport is a nightmare!

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 12:58, SimonG-97 wrote:
Can anyone honestly say if witness is worth getting , and would it be practical to use strolling?

I really like witness. Yes it's a single trick DVD but I think there are times when that is acceptable. Witness is one such situation, it's a real worker, if it was included on a multi effect DVD I would probably say that it was worth the price of the DVD. Although you don't get a gimmick it's still a very good workable routine.

Does this help?

Craig
SimonG-97
View Profile
Special user
507 Posts

Profile of SimonG-97
Quote:
On 2011-04-29 16:56, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 12:58, SimonG-97 wrote:
Can anyone honestly say if witness is worth getting , and would it be practical to use strolling?

I really like witness. Yes it's a single trick DVD but I think there are times when that is acceptable. Witness is one such situation, it's a real worker, if it was included on a multi effect DVD I would probably say that it was worth the price of the DVD. Although you don't get a gimmick it's still a very good workable routine.

Does this help?

Craig
yeah thanks, that helps. ive been looking for something that I can do in that situation when your surrounded by a dozen or so more people than your routined for strolling with , of course your bound to attract attention doing magic and I think this might just be it.
BathTub
View Profile
New user
Wellington, NZ
69 Posts

Profile of BathTub
I've had Witness for a while I really like it. The silly, silly minor issue I have had is whenever I buy bags they have logo's slapped all over them, I need to some some label free ones.
Nigel McNaughton aka 'BathTub'
Stapper
View Profile
New user
the netherlands
90 Posts

Profile of Stapper
Quote:
I really like witness. Yes it's a single trick DVD but I think there are times when that is acceptable. Witness is one such situation, it's a real worker, if it was included on a multi effect DVD I would probably say that it was worth the price of the DVD. Although you don't get a gimmick it's still a very good workable routine. Does this help? Craig

In that case I prefer Slim bij Craig Petty ;-). The bluf shift is as easy and works as good. And you get 8 routines. And the first is worth the price of the dvd. just my opinion ....
SimonG-97
View Profile
Special user
507 Posts

Profile of SimonG-97
Ill have a look at slim,
howie3
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of howie3
Quote:
On 2011-04-29 16:45, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:

Hey!

Craig

When you are over here PM me we could hang out. Me and my son love your work. I live about 30 mins. from Hudson. And 5 mins from Logan airport if that's the airport you are talking about.
Stapper
View Profile
New user
the netherlands
90 Posts

Profile of Stapper
Quote:
On 2011-04-30 15:59, SimonG-97 wrote:
Ill have a look at slim,

I hope you will tell us wat you think!
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2011-04-30 15:51, Stapper wrote:
Quote:
I really like witness. Yes it's a single trick DVD but I think there are times when that is acceptable. Witness is one such situation, it's a real worker, if it was included on a multi effect DVD I would probably say that it was worth the price of the DVD. Although you don't get a gimmick it's still a very good workable routine. Does this help? Craig

In that case I prefer Slim bij Craig Petty ;-). The bluf shift is as easy and works as good. And you get 8 routines. And the first is worth the price of the dvd. just my opinion ....

Slim is a great DVD!
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2639 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I noticed no one has mentioned the Naked Zombie Ball. Maybe it was just me, but the demo video of that really didn't do anything for me. I LOVE a good Zombie routine but from what I saw, that wasn't the inspiration to pull mine out and start working with it. I've never really found the versions without the gimmick to be very magical - the ball just stays too close to the hands for it to be believable, at least from my perspective. Any other thoughts?
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
370 Posts

Profile of Bill
BTW Guys, if you're interested in the Shinobi control or the force you can save yourself $25 dollars by buying "SHINOBI" from Theory 11 as a download for $4.95. I think it has most of what's on the 430 dollar DVD. That's what I did.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3078 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I don't get the appeal of "Witness". The girl is amazed because the card changed in her hand not because it is in a bag.

"Witness" is strictly a magician fooler. For lay people it adds zero to the effect.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
EmersonRodriguez
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of EmersonRodriguez
Bill said: "430 dollar DVD"
(?????????????)

The Shinobi Dvd costs about $29.00
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
728 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 00:20, EmersonRodriguez wrote:
Bill said: "430 dollar DVD"
(?????????????)

The Shinobi Dvd costs about $29.00

He probably meant "30".
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
Love the Witness effect! Had to get the Shinobi just for that force! Keep those great reviews coming guys!!! Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Product Review from World Magic Shop » » Wizard Product Review 49 - 27-4-2011: (Witness, Way of the Shinobi, Naked Zombie Ball, Pop Card) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL