The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alarmed By Noel Qualter (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
Gilbert RAIMOND
View Profile
New user
France
18 Posts

Profile of Gilbert RAIMOND
Merci doriancaudal pour tes posts défendants...

Hello everybody,

I am not too Assiduous in magical forums (please forgive me) but I was just having ALARMED in hands ...

I want to tell you my outrage at the fact to sell such a called plagiarism of my trick : PREDICTA. The method is strictly identical and I do not understand the merchants who dare to sell such a copy!

I urge the whole magic community to boycott ALARMED and the merchants who sell it.

I am ready to all discussions on this subject.

Regards

Gilbert RAIMOND
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Stevens Magic sells Predicts - here is a link and a demo.

Looks to be a completely different presentation - method... ???

http://www.stevensmagic.com/product/excl......3661.htm
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Gilbert RAIMOND
View Profile
New user
France
18 Posts

Profile of Gilbert RAIMOND
Sayslod1, get both of the tricks and compare...
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Quote:
On 2011-06-14 05:41, PaulW wrote:
Although initially disappointed by the promotional video, having bought the effect I have been trying out a number of ways I can incorporated it into my act.

Using John Cornellus’s excellent ‘Thought Transmitter’ (any peek device will do) I have the spectator write down an ‘activity’ that they were doing during the last week. (drinking, eating, dancing ect.) Then I ask them to write down the day and time they were involved in that activity.

I take a peek at their answers and have them visualise what they have written down. As they are doing so I write down on a pad the ‘activity’ and prepare the gaff. I am under no time pressure and milk the mind read whilst doing the fiddly bit.

I explain that whilst I think I have managed to determine the activity, I could not work out the time or date and as I turn over the pad to reveal the ‘activity’ I steal the gaff and in one movement load it into Jerry O’Connel’s Plus Wallet and bring it out onto the table.

I then tell the spectator that although I wasn’t able to determine the time or the day they were drinking, eating, dancing ect. For some inexplicable reason I had the urge to take a photo of my alarm clock last week and I ask them to name the day and time of the activity and whilst doing so have them take out the gaff from my wallet…… Jaws do drop.

That's actually a very neat idea. I still have problem in finding the best method and presentation for this effect. The one I watched from magicgeek takes too bloody long.

Any idea? Perhaps using nothing but a pad or non-gimmick item?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Just got this after seeing it in Oz Pearlman's last lecture. Love the concept, and I think it's brilliant, but I'm questioning how well this holds up to scrutiny when given away. I can easily see the work that was done on the photo when holding the card at full arm's length. I can't imagine some spectators don't see this too and pick up on it. A foot from my face and it becomes really obvious some work was done on the photo. Anyone care to chime in on this? I'm curious because others are saying they hand out the cards for people to keep, but I can't imagine that some spectators aren't noticing the work done. Thanks!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2221 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Are you sticking he panel down?
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1260 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2012-06-14 14:39, Exitmat wrote:
Just got this after seeing it in Oz Pearlman's last lecture. Love the concept, and I think it's brilliant, but I'm questioning how well this holds up to scrutiny when given away. I can easily see the work that was done on the photo when holding the card at full arm's length. I can't imagine some spectators don't see this too and pick up on it. A foot from my face and it becomes really obvious some work was done on the photo. Anyone care to chime in on this? I'm curious because others are saying they hand out the cards for people to keep, but I can't imagine that some spectators aren't noticing the work done. Thanks!

yes, I find this very confusing. I love the idea of this effect, but I don't understand why some say that the work is obvious and some say you'd never know it's there.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2012-06-14 15:34, Peter Nardi wrote:
Are you sticking he panel down?

Yes. Here's a low-quality pic taken on my iPhone showing what I mean. Again, I love the effect and think the idea is brilliant, I'm just doubting these are going to hold up to any scrutiny, even casually, when given away.

Click here to view attached image.
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
I think this may be another case of magician phobia. We know what to look for, our spectators don't.
milesart
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
214 Posts

Profile of milesart
I have one for sale, never used. PM me
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2012-07-26 10:30, magicHart wrote:
I think this may be another case of magician phobia. We know what to look for, our spectators don't.

Actually it turns out there were two versions of this product released. I met up with a friend earlier this year who had Alarmed and had never used it. I told him about my disappointment with the product and filled out a gimmick to show him how bad it looked. To my surprise it looked fantastic! WAY better than the ones I had. I called Penguin and told them the situation and how I had two very different experiences with the product based on two different sets of gimmicks. They researched it and got back to me and said two different ones had been released, and allowed me to return the ones I had for a new one. (Thanks, Penguin! Great customer service as always!) Now they work great.

So basically that's it. That's the reason for the mixed reviews on this product. There's been a bit of a silent quality control issue. Once you get the right gimmicks though, they're beautiful and completely deceptive. Awesome effect now that it works the way it was intended.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1141 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
What?!?!?!?!?

I never used mine for the EXACT reasons outlined here... I assumed this was universal because other tricks employing the same method also look ****ty (escaping my mind right now).

Gotta look into this...
Dominique Blanco
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Dominique Blanco
Hi all, if someone is interested, I am selling it. All the gaffs are available and the product has not been used at all. For my type of magic, is not a practical method. By any interest PM me
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alarmed By Noel Qualter (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.55 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL