The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Thinking About The South. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah - give me an email address and a general idea what you need, and I'll send you some roughs...

so...

a) what are you calling it?
b) when do you need it by?
c) is it going to be printed or an ebook? (i need to know for dpi when designed)
d) who are the list of contributors so far - and if you need an effect or two, I have something I can give...
e) contact details of the person you spoke to at whatever charity you are giving to, so I can liaise with them for the charity's logo (to be added to the cover)

thanks...
I've asked to be banned
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2011-04-30 07:23, jdmagic357 wrote:

Thanks again to all who give of themselves freely expecting nothing in return. Also to those who know it's not about the individual, but the many who are in need.

Spot on JD. Its not about the individual... but about human beings in need. Like the Japanese with regards to Pablos wonderful efforts.

Do you have a time frame? Im also keen to know who has contributed so far? How much do you reckon it will go for and where can we pay? Do you have an email you can post here or a paypay linked to a blog/web page maybe?

Credit card is at the ready. Great work JD.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Happy to help - and I have sent many pieces to various projects like this - but only to people I know with an ID and a way to have some faith the money will go to where people say it will go. Also, will those who donate keep the copyright of their submissions? I've been burned a few times trying to help others, doesn't stop me from donating but just more careful about all the charity projects that pop up all the time.

Just saying this project will take off with a little more clarity.

Thanks!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
I think dunford and shirley have got the wrong impression of this project? The tome will be more of a thank you, not an absolute for those who donate. it's not about the ebook and it will probably be given to anyone who donates in any way, to the people of the south who wants it.

I should also say that nothing is finalized as of yet, what I have is a few scattered effect contributions and an idea. Those wanting to contribute artwork or effects should just pm them to me. As of right now there isn't even enough for a $5 ebook and if nobody else donates, then I'll have to scrap it, for lack of interest. Would be a shame if that happens.

So to those doing the right thing, keep it up and stay motivated, there are those less fortunate counting on you.
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It's difficult for me to design anything for you, if you don't tell me (however briefly) what kind of thing you need.

I also need to know who the money is going to - so I can talk to them, and get their proper logo and place it on the cover...(don't want to rip a logo off via a screenshot)

I will happily give you my booktest once it's all been set up, I'll also give you a couple of other effects if you don't get many contributions.

Where else are you promoting this?
I've asked to be banned
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Jdmagic, while I am not a creator of routines and ideas myself (not that skilled), I'm sure I could send out an email to rally some troops to aid in this great cause. Actually, give me 72 hours and I will have at least 5 contributions for you to start compiling for your charity eBook. I think that this a very worthy cause and will be happy to organise several 'more talented' friends than I who will rally along side you and send you the effects and ideas that you need.

If you're doing a 'pay per routine' and I can find 5 people to contribute - charging $1 per idea is MORE than reasonable. You will be able to get at least $5 to start with for your eBook. So with what you have already and the routines and effects we muster, you will have enough to get an eBook for this incredibly worthy cause off the ground! I like the 'pay per routine' idea - as long as the ideas keep coming you can keep donating!

Brilliant!

:)
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
We have been hit pretty hard here in the Raleigh area of NC and the Red Cross is doing good things here...great cause! I have friends in the Alabama area and have heard heart wrenching stories of what has happened to people.

This would be for a great cause!

-Scott M.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah, so jdmagic357 has suggested this idea and wants to get things rolling, all we need are some basic rules/guidelines/updates from him and then some of us can help out if possible...
I've asked to be banned
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
So it looks like everybody is ok with the ARC as the charitable institution for the donations? I think we should set up a dummy collection service to be the donating body, so that no one person can take the tax credit, for any monies we give.

I was thinking of something like "The Southern Bell Collection". It's kind of a double entendre "Southern" for obvious reasons. "Bell" as it refers to a young lady in the south, but also for whom the "Bell" tolls? And collection for the money collected and the collection of effects we get.

What do other people think?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5020 Posts

Profile of landmark
If there are any accountants or tax lawyers out there, they may be able to help explain how to do this in the most expeditious and fair way. What did Pablo do?
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
To my knowledge and I'm not an accountant, if the donation is made via a group effort, no individual can claim the donation on his or her own taxes.

I don't know what pablo did, but I'm not him, and want to make sure no improprieties can be thrown at this cause, and the efforts of those involved.

I hope that will help stay those who would question the intentions of this effort?

As to effect donations, they would become the property of the donating body so that no claim to the premium be made. In other words since nothing is being sold per se, there could be no claim to so called profits. Again I'm not a lawyer, but I think this protects us from action. Also since no names will be connected with the work or donations other than the dummy collection service, I see no need to worry about hostile intentions of donators.

This may seem to be an overwhelming task, but the journey of a million miles, starts with the first step. Nietzsche, I think?
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2011-05-01 09:44, jdmagic357 wrote:
I think dunford and shirley have got the wrong impression of this project?

Dunford and Shirley... Sounds like a store that sells up market pyjamas.

I figured that it was a book for sale... given that you had put a price of $1 per 'trick' on it. My mistake.
Just let me know where to donate once its ready man. God bless all of those that have been touched by this tragedy.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Can you give me a link please to ARC? too many charities come up via google...need the logo....

and as I said via pm to you, I'll need an email address to send the artwork onto and for clarity, did you want Southern Bell, or Southern Belle? Belle is the correct version I believe.

Posted: May 2, 2011 1:42pm I've got 3 routines for you, and I'll start on the cover next week.
Need an email though, pm function on here won't cut it. Thanks.
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've got 3 routines for you, and I'll start on the cover next week.
Need an email though, pm function on here won't cut it. Thanks.
I've asked to be banned
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Quote:
Dunford and Shirley... Sounds like a store that sells up market pyjamas.

Yeah like kibbles and bits. Just Kidding. Smile
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 13:42, IAIN wrote:
I've got 3 routines for you, and I'll start on the cover next week.

need an email though, pm function on here won't cut it. Thanks.

I'll see what I can do about getting you an email, and I think your right Belle is the correct inference.

Thanks for the correction. Smile

PS. ARC is, the American Red Cross.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yup - post it up, we'll all need it to send in submissions won't we...
I've asked to be banned
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Here you go. southernbellecollection@gmail.com I will monitor it regularly.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
3 routines sent to this charitable cause...
I've asked to be banned
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Thanks Iain, hope to have something substantial soon? Just waiting on helkule offer to rally the troops, so to speak. Until then know, that this is happening but wouldn't without the help of others. THANKS TO EVERYONE!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Thinking About The South. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL