The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Thinking About The South. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
With so much altruism expressed on these pages, it behooves me to ask the question, who will take up the cause for those killed and hurt in the resent tornadoes down south? I would do it, but given the unsubstantiated rumors about me, it would probably do more to hinder the victims, than help?

So who will step up? Or will anyone? Is our helping others just focused on foreign shores? Just asking?
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Jdmagic:

It's so generous you step up first and propose yourself: youre a generous person:
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
JD.

Why not follow in the wonderful footsteps of Pablo Amira and set up a 'group effort' style book, where all the proceeds go towards helping those in need?

You could start by adding a few of your own effects?... and let the ball roll from there.

And, If those rumors are indeed unsubstantiated... your generous actions may go a bit further to disprove them?

Just a thought.
Arkadiy K
View Profile
New user
November Woods
73 Posts

Profile of Arkadiy K
That's great of you to step up, JD!

What do you propose?
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
I'd be happy to discuss it with you in pm. Thanks.
Arkadiy K
View Profile
New user
November Woods
73 Posts

Profile of Arkadiy K
Why not discuss it publicly? It's your initiative, after all.

And a rather generous and considerate one, I might add.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Gottta side with Paul, you do what Pablo Amira, did.

J ack

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
TonyBrand
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago, IL
490 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
I also agree with Paul's suggestion. I would be glad to help wherever I can.
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 18:16, jdmagic357 wrote:
So who will step up? Or will anyone? Is our helping others just focused on foreign shores? Just asking?

You seem to be under the impression that everyone on the Café is from the USA... Some of us ARE foreigners to you! Smile

I agree with everyone above; follow the extremely generous lead of Pablo Amira and start the ball rolling mate! He has helmed two successful charity eBooks now, which is amazing. Maybe send him a PM and ask for his help?
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 20:56, kfortin wrote:
Why not discuss it publicly? It's your initiative, after all.

And a rather generous and considerate one, I might add.

agreed with kfortin:

you did step up jdmagic:

and now you should not be shy: you should be proud of your offer

state it publicly !! no PMs !!
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 21:18, Sid Helkule wrote:
Quote:

I agree with everyone above; follow the extremely generous lead of Pablo Amira and start the ball rolling mate! He has helmed two successful charity eBooks now, which is amazing. Maybe send him a PM and ask for his help?

Great idea Sid. Pablo has a lot of knowledge, is a great guy and Im sure would be happy to give you advice. He sure hasn't discriminated when it came time to getting his hands dirty and helping the needy. Just humans helping humans... doesn't matter where they are from does it?

Share the premise of a few of your own original effects with us, just so we can get a feel for where you hope to head with this.

Best of luck.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
With so much altruism expressed on these pages, it behooves me to ask the question, who will take up the cause for those killed and hurt in the resent tornadoes down south? I would do it, but given the unsubstantiated rumors about me, it would probably do more to hinder the victims, than help?

Hi,
What are you thinking about. I'd like to help if possible.
Thanks,
Jack
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah, I'll help too - if you want a cover designed (for free) I'll happily create one for you...
I've asked to be banned
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Quote:
On 2011-04-29 07:35, IAIN wrote:
Yeah, I'll help too - if you want a cover designed (for free) I'll happily create one for you...

Nice! Iain does great covers. I'd jump on that if you're looking to get this project off the ground, design is alway important.

It's nice to see so many people eager to support jdmagic's project. I hope he gets it off the ground! I wasn't aware of the horror in the South until I saw this thread - awful. They could certainly use the help.

If I can contribute in any way as well, let me know!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Anyone looking to help, this is the most efficient way. I posted this in another thread.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=32&0
~michael baker
The Magic Company
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
My pm is still open. I have yet to receive any covers or contributions? It's really a shame. MB thank you for posting those links in the other thread, it really puts a picture on this whole catastrophe.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I may be misunderstanding your initial post...the gist seems to be that somebody should do something to help them, but it's not going to be you, but people should pm you? I don't know that it's a shame that people haven't, necessarily; maybe they're just following Michael's links.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2011-04-29 15:17, jdmagic357 wrote:
My pm is still open. I have yet to receive any covers or contributions? It's really a shame. MB thank you for posting those links in the other thread, it really puts a picture on this whole catastrophe.

Well that might be because you actually haven’t said you want to do anything about it personally. I suggested an 'Amira' style book... which got plenty of agreement from others, but no response from you.

Are you going to step up and put together a book to help the needy JD? .... Or not? If so, like I asked a few days back, share the premise of a few of your own original ideas with us so we know the kind of direction you want to take this.
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
I want to thank those who are contributing, and also say that your going beyond personalities for a just cause, is not only generous but honorable. Thank you. As soon as things are more solidified I'll return with more details. For now, this will not be like the ongoing amira project. It will instead be and dollar per trick tome that will increase the donation amount as more items are added. People making donations will not get future works with the added contributions. You will have to donate again if you want that. Also so far I'm considering the Red Cross as the charitable organization to donate to, but if anyone has a more appropriate or giving charity, let me know.

Thanks again to all who give of themselves freely expecting nothing in return. Also to those who know it's not about the individual, but the many who are in need.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Well done JD. Sounds like you have pulled it all together pretty quick! Great stuff.

I look forward to purchasing the final product.

Any idea on a release date?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Thinking About The South. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL