We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » 5/11 AL CALLUS "The Magical Pitchman" @JMMRT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ERIC
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1188 Posts

Profile of ERIC
The J ohn M cNicholas M agician's R ound T able
Proudly presents:
Wednesday, May 11, 2011

“AL CALLUS The Magical Pitchman”
The Magical Pitchman Medicine Act which he hadn't performed for some 45 years, has elicited strong interest in the magic community and was a hit at the Metro-Magic Convention in late 2010. Due to this response Al has put together a lecture detailing the fascinating history of the medicine pitch, covering the often hilarious antics of street and TV pitchmen, revealing the successful routines he has long performed and culminating in his 12-minute show. You will not only be entertained but will be taught effects that you will be able to either do immediately, easily make at home or purchase on the spot.
SEE an actual medicine pitch which presents the most entertaining magic as performed on city streets and county fairs. HEAR the colorful history of this legendary presentation. LAUGH at the inside stories as told by the masters of salesmanship who plied their wares in every conceivable venue including late-night television. DISCOVER a new source of revenue...The Svengali Pitch which has fed and clothed many a magician. LEARN exciting new material for your magic act which will fascinate both the beginner as well as the seasoned professional.
GUARANTEED MAGIC!
I personally guarantee you have never seen a lecture like this before...The Magical Pitchman,,,fast-paced comedy magic at it's best. The history of the Medicine Pitch. The inside, hilarious scoop on TV, street and 10-in-one talkers...the bally, tip, hold, turn and roll. Rarely seen close-up and parlor routines that you will immediately add to your repertoire.

"You drew a capacity crowd and presented them with the best lecture we ever had. The act is superb; the history fascinating: your anecdotes had us laughing all night and the effects you taught were equally appealing to both the amateur and the professional worker." President of SAM 274 of Boca Raton, Florida. Harold Greenbaum---12/10

"One of the most entertaining and informative lectures we have ever seen. You killed! We'll be talking about this for years and will be doing the tricks you taught forever."
President of IBM117 of West Palm Beach, Florida. Larry Jay---1/11
August 10, 2011 -
Doors open @ 6:00 pm. Lecture starts @ 7:00 pm. Cost is $20.00 for members, and $25.00 for guests
To be held at the Selton Rd. Community Center Auditorium (Around back by the ramp)
328 Plainfield Ave. Edison, NJ 08817
SPREAD THE NEWS AND BRING A FRIEND
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3153 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Very well put together act by Al. He is remarkable with this and had performed it 1000's of times across the country for many years. It was a real treat to see him up close and live doing this act recently. Highly recommended
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
I personally can not wait for this one; I missed him at Metro....

I've been wanting to do my own (one man) medicine show for a long time.

I read Paul Prater's book from Leaping Lizards and I can't wait to see this live...
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » 5/11 AL CALLUS "The Magical Pitchman" @JMMRT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL