The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is your favorite docc Hilford product? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
What is your favorite docc Hilford product?

just curious
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I like his recent DVD series and System 88.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
His showmanship
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
All except evoque
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
1.- Monster Mentalism DVD.
2.- E'Voque.
3.- The Whispering Buddha.
4.- Peytonâs Slates.
5.- $1000 Secret Seance.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
All his billet stuff...
I've asked to be banned
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
357 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
Quote:
On 2011-04-29 08:55, Amirá wrote:
His showmanship

Agreed. For this reason I loved his How to turn ordinary tricks into mind shaking miracles.
I need another copy as my tape is worn out!
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
His take on the Ball and Tube.
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2011-04-29 10:35, IAIN wrote:
All his billet stuff...

I hate billet work intensely. BUT, people I admire love it. Soooooo it must be me.
I think it started at the time I realised I needed reading glasses and I felt that I didn't want to work whilst wearing them, which would mean I'd have to put them on to read the billets I'm not supposed to have! And I reckoned that that would give the game away.
I have to say that I've also been put off after seeing some pro DVD's with huge names in mentalism who's handling of the billets and their (obvious) glimpses I found profoundly embarrassing.
Anyway, I'm sure that Iain will be great with them and to finish I'd have to say that Doc's System 88, in the right hands, can completely destroy and audience.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
It´s not just you bob.
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Bobser - just buy the acidus novus cd/dvd...worth every penny...

and get some contact lenses...
I've asked to be banned
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Perfect Mental Club Act
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Damon Reinbold
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Damon Reinbold
His Ball and Tube take is marvelous! The billet stuff is great also. Docc's thinking goes beyond the pale and his Spirit Slate sceance stuff is mindblowing.

the best,
Damon
Damon Reinbold
<BR>2011 President, S.A.M. Assembly 71
<BR>2011 President, IBM Ring 90
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
His card sword, that could be done without the sword. In his version, the pen is truly mightier. Smile
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
20 minutes with a balloon

:)

Mark
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
His recent Dragon ebooks (scarlet and gold) are GREAT and have SO much good stuff. They might be my favorite.

I didn't like his Perfect nightclub when I first saw it, but I liked Craig Browning's variation of it using Tarot cards. I have since done basically the original routine with tarot cards and real readings and it incredibly fun.

Gentlemen start your audiences is the one I have used the most and I absolustely love it (companion to 20 minutes with a balloon).
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
His showmanship

Of course that's the real answer.
At the beginning of the explanations for Monster Mentalism, David Alexander said he considered the discs to be a masters course in presenting mentalism in an entertaining way. I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
All except evoque

What!? Is that a joke?
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours. I just have a really hard time understanding it, I love E'voque so much and it's included as a free bonus in one of the dragon ebooks (yay!)

I did a short mentalism show last week. I needed strong stuff that could be appreciated by receptive but hardcore skeptics, as well as believers. It was unintentional but I essentially did only Docc's stuff:
-Psychological forces (not Docc's)
-E'voque
-Swamp Water (I started off telling stories, so this was fun for me. What a creepy story)
-Angels and Devils
-Tarot modification of the perfect nightclub act

Obviously I did my own version of some of these and I adapted things to my style, but it was basically all Docc's stuff and it was great.
Also, the three middle routines (the body of my little show) are all included in the Dragon ebooks, plus there is so much more.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Monster mentalism Dvd series.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
His showmanship

Couldn't agree more. In a way, his showmanship is too good. I feel that sometimes Docc's effects get a bad rap not because the product isn't brilliant, but because performers who are NOT DOCC can't pull them off. It's wonderful to watch the spectators' faces in Docc's audience. One word: "spellbound".
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2011-04-29 14:13, IAIN wrote:
Bobser - just buy the acidus novus cd/dvd...worth every penny...

Just cannot bring myself to spending the money. Always feel bad when people talk about it as I've no idea what their talking about.
It's a very special birthday for me this month, but I've never asked anyone in here for anything....
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What is your favorite docc Hilford product? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL