The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Writing progress (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
I am not the most knowlegable magician not do I have the most skill or performance experience. I am trying to write a magic book the best I can with my current knowlege though. I have written as much as I can with what I do know. I am stumped on a few chapters though. I need help covering practice and rehearsal, routining, performing, exposing magic, and how to handle things going wrong. As far as the exposure of magic goes I have a new veiw on such and would like to not only protest it but talk about when it is and isn't appropriate. If anyone knows of any good material on the subjects let me know. Most of these I have started on but got writers block.
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Book going well now and did what I could got bits on everything I wanted. Now to just let it sit as I come up with more.
Jeremy Gates
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Considering you say "I am not the most knowlegable magician not do I have the most skill or performance experience" I really admire your determination to write this book.
I hope it does well for you.
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Thanks it is pretty much complete. Wrote all I could by myself and is about 60 pages. Just gotta save $100 for adobe reader so I can fancy it up and add pictures and illustrations. Then send it out for opinion after I get it copywrited. After I get some input to improve it I'll have it.
Jeremy Gates
stijnhommes
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of stijnhommes
Quote:
On 2011-10-31 15:35, jugglestruck wrote:
Considering you say "I am not the most knowlegable magician not do I have the most skill or performance experience" I really admire your determination to write this book.
I hope it does well for you.
Hopefully such a book provides an insight you can't get from anyone else.
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Quote:
On 2011-11-01 10:12, J.G. the magnificent wrote:
Thanks it is pretty much complete. Wrote all I could by myself and is about 60 pages. Just gotta save $100 for adobe reader so I can fancy it up and add pictures and illustrations. Then send it out for opinion after I get it copywrited. After I get some input to improve it I'll have it.

Adobe Reader is free. Any version of Word can do pictures and illustrations, and Word 2007 and later can save Word files as PDF (saves all formatting for printing- I assume this is why you want a PDF program). If you have an old Word or use a different word processor, there are free conversion tools online to PDFify (sorry for the technical term) your manuscript for printing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Writing progress (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL