The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Where do I go from here? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
Magician336, well done dude.

mind punisher, does your insurance still apply if you have failed to apply for a license to conduct the show? Did you have a license? Did it require one? Come on, it wasn't that long ago that you appeared to think of yourself as some sort of expert in UK hypnotism laws.

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
Oh, and Danny Smile

I'll work on it.

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Magician336,

congratulations. If you can work in such an impromptu fashion with individuals and small groups as well as mix it up with magic then you have achieved far more than you may realise. Well done.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2011-05-09 06:27, hypnokid wrote:
Magician336, well done dude.

mind punisher, does your insurance still apply if you have failed to apply for a license to conduct the show? Did you have a license? Did it require one? Come on, it wasn't that long ago that you appeared to think of yourself as some sort of expert in UK hypnotism laws.

HK


We had no objections from the council who were informed by the bar manager. Both the council and the local police were aware since this was a small village and private party. Infact the bar was directly opposite the council hall. And the police station is a few hundred yards up the road. You will find in the sticks they are a lot more relaxed than in large towns. And if you watch the clip you will see I had my skit music so no it wasn't really impromptu. They had known about it for weeks. Although the party didn't know about it. And I had done very little prep and was first hypnosis I had done in quite a few years.

Nothing is really impromtu.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
"when every second pub in every town has a hypnotist why would you want to go see one?"

Answer: They wouldn't! That IS the point!

But we have had this conversation before, MP and you still fail to get it every time.

Hypnosis has changed! The delivery of hypnosis has changed! The venues for hypnosis have changed!

Now whilst there may still be some stage hypnotists still doing stage gigs, that is not where the main thrust of hypnosis is now taking place any more.

You are still sat all alone in your Music Hall awaiting the return of the crowds whilst the clever people have seen the writing on the wall and taken their act to the masses instead of expecting the masses to come to them.

MP is like King Canute trying to stop the tide, whilst others are using the tide to make power.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
"Although the party didn't know about it."

:eek: You mean you AMBUSHED them?

Oh MP, I can't begin to tell you how let down I feel.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
No they volunteered. They came up to the stage. I never approached them. And all the safety procedures were in place including screening. Some did know about it. It was a birthday surprise. I was asked to do it as a favour and gift.

But I don't expect the bandits to know the difference.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
And the 'bandits' who do know the difference?

What about the 'bandits' who do assess the safety and do ask the screening questions?

Seems your idea to win an argument is to take the worst example and apply it to everyone and than say 'see I told you so!' - The real world doesn't work like that MP.

Shall I take the most dangerous, uninsured, untrained, reckless Stage Hypnotist I can find and then apply it to you and say therefore you are dangerous and shouldn't even be hypnotising people? Only that is what you are trying to do with all 'Street' Hypnotists.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Tell you what.. If I show you my insurance certificate for stage hypnosis you give me £50?

The thing is you can say anything you want. but its clear from all your other earlier arguments around the law and insurance you haven't got a clue. You don't even know what the safety giudlines require because you've never even asked for them and they are free.

So If I show you a stage hypnosis insurance certificate in my name which cost me £800 with the reciept will you give me £50 because that's what I want for taking the time to show you.

Put your money where your mouth is.

And also a License is the same as permission from a council. There is no difference. Each council has their own way of dealing with this. In many small villages they hardly do anything or even care.

When I got the License in Edinburgh for last years Festival in a major venue they took six weeks to make up their mind. And only granted permission five hours before the show was due to start. You have no Idea the hoops they made the venue go through. They were more concerned about the venue than me probably because I have a history of licensed shows in Edinburgh. And human nature being what it is they probably didn't really care about the hypnosis they cared about being sued themselves if something went wrong and went overboard on the license application.

But of course you wouldn't know this because youve never applied for a licens or permission. And if you have read some of my posts where hypnotists said they couldn't afford insurance. I have told them to do a few shows and then get insurance as soon as you can. But ofcourse you just bleet out that you are a kareoke peddlar and shouldn't have to pay anymore for hypnosis. And how everything is so unfair in the UK.

Then why don't you go live somewhere else?



The choice of whether you carry insurance or not is your its your risk. Would you drive your car knowingly without insurance or an MOT?

I guess that's your choice...
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
How typical of you MP - Avoid the questions and just personally attack me.

IT'S NOT ABOUT ME AT ALL!

If I am the most dangerous person to ever walk the planet, it does not in any way address the issues.

What a strange way you have of debating. You seem to think that if you can prove I'm crap that means that your argument about all the people you are complaining about being crap is therefore true.

You seem to shoot off at the mouth and when someone addresses that issue you just ignore that and change it to another issue and then when all else has been exhausted, you fall back on your old 'insurence' argument which itself has been addressed so many times before.

You first go on about safety and the change it to screening and when they are addressed you ignore that and rattle on about insurance. You then make it personal in as much that if I don't have insurance then that somehow addresses everyone and everything you say.

I asked what about the safe ones? (If you don't think that applies to me, wonderful! I can live with that) but what about the safe ones MP? What about the safe ones? (You'll now have to avoid the same question 3 times here alone)

But as your memory of all the other threads is so bad let me remind you of their conclusion:
Having insuranceinsurance does not make a good safe hypnotist.

Insurance is only there if it goes wrong. For when the Hypnotist has not done a good job of everything that he/she needs to. Where that be training, safety, risk assessment, screening. Whereas good Hypnotists should be doing all of that anyway because they want to, not because they have to.

Chances of MP getting it and actually addressing anything: 0%
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Why not share the cost with you and hypnokid? that's only £25 each... you sound like you are so sure of yourselves go for it.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Shrub I see your back to your old Ranting about **** again. You are a lunatic Pay me £50 if you want to see an insurance certificate probably for the first time. Ill pay you £100 if I can't produce one.

Until then Im just going to ingore your crazy rants like most now do in penny. This is the last time I answer or read any of your posts.

Stick with Kareoke .... A good professional in any business knows about safety guidelines something you can get from any council for free. A professional will always be insured. And if you can't afford it at the start get it when you can. If your not making enough money to get insurance then you can't be that good now can you?

Reply if you want but I will just ignore anything you post from now on.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
What a way to conduct a debate!

Q.E.D. MP takes his ball and goes home when he can't answer the questions.

"I will just ignore anything you post from now on." You do that with everyone already, how will we tell the difference?

You simply have no argument as you can't address the simplest of questions about it. All you do is rant about people who you selfishly see as taking or affecting your work. Well bad news: The planet doesn't revolve around YOU!

PS what is this rant about seeing your insurance? When did I ever ask to see it or bothered at all as to if you had any? You invent your own little world and then try and impose it on others.

I won't be paying you any money as I never wanted to see your insurance - That is all YOUR idea!

PPS What about the safe ones? - The question goes unanswered but MP yet again.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
A lot of insurance salesmen in here. I thought this was a hypnosis forum.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-05-09 18:21, Vincent.Lynch wrote:
A lot of insurance salesmen in here. I thought this was a hypnosis forum.


Not so sadly, as if there were a lot of them then the competition would beat the prices down to a reasonable level.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
Does the £50 / £100 deal apply to a copy of your license for the 'impromptu' event? Obviously, I'd expect to see formal dated correspondence from before the gig because we all know that a nod and a wink wouldn't stand up to scrutiny.

I didn't ask to see your insurance certificate. I asked if it applied if the gig wasn't licensed.

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
hypnomagic
View Profile
New user
UK
33 Posts

Profile of hypnomagic
Dropped into the Café to see if there is any real discussion on hypnosis and performance. Now leaves the Café knowing it's not a place for discussion on hypnosis and performance.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-05-10 04:22, hypnomagic wrote:
Dropped into the Café to see if there is any real discussion on hypnosis and performance. Now leaves the Café knowing it's not a place for discussion on hypnosis and performance.


Yes this CAN BE a place to discuss exactly that. Just start a thread on what you want to talk about and ignore any talking down to everyone like that are dirt and disrupting every thread on here.

Many of us would love to talk hypnosis with everyone but until they add an ignore function that blanks out trolls like other forums have, we have to put up with people trying to keep hypnotism a closed shop just for themselves by talking down to everyone and disrupting all decent threads.

Still, don't let the troll win. Start a thread on the topic you want to talk about and try to ignore anyone trying to bring down this forum for their own financial gain.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19855 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-05-09 07:35, Shrubsole wrote:
"when every second pub in every town has a hypnotist why would you want to go see one?"

Answer: They wouldn't! That IS the point!

But we have had this conversation before, MP and you still fail to get it every time.

Hypnosis has changed! The delivery of hypnosis has changed! The venues for hypnosis have changed!

Now whilst there may still be some stage hypnotists still doing stage gigs, that is not where the main thrust of hypnosis is now taking place any more.

You are still sat all alone in your Music Hall awaiting the return of the crowds whilst the clever people have seen the writing on the wall and taken their act to the masses instead of expecting the masses to come to them.

MP is like King Canute trying to stop the tide, whilst others are using the tide to make power.


Glad I don't live in England. (well lots of reasons for that but anyhow) Crowds still clamour to see a hypnosis show. Big time.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-05-10 16:14, Dannydoyle wrote:
Glad I don't live in England. (well lots of reasons for that but anyhow) Crowds still clamour to see a hypnosis show. Big time.


That's good to hear! Whilst here there are also millions who don't and so the show goes to them. And they enjoy it.

In business, sitting around waiting for them to come to the business is never a good idea. Going out and taking your business directly to the customer saves a lot of sitting around doing nothing. And a free show can lead to good business. (Well it has done with me - Putting out expensive advertising and cold calling never got much work at all, but turning up and showing people my wares has paid great dividends.)

In these hard times of stagnation many businesses are seeing what else they can be doing instead of sitting around waiting for their old business to hopefully return. (If it ever does)

Plus it's great fun!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Where do I go from here? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.49 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL