The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Where do I go from here? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
What magic methods cause hand sticks and amnesia? Are they different to hypnosis?

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
As I recall, Kenton Knepper has an effect where a person appears to forget his/her name. Has nothing to do with hypnosis.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 13:18, hypnokid wrote:
What magic methods cause hand sticks and amnesia? Are they different to hypnosis?

HK

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your question is now in a queue, but I'm sure that a self-elected 'expert' will be along shortly to talk down to you and end up not addressing your question at all.

Thank you for using the old fogey network, please come here again when you next feel like being patronised.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Quote:

HK

Superglue and a big !@#$ off hammer?
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 14:02, Shrubsole wrote:
Quote:

HK

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your question is now in a queue, but I'm sure that a self-elected 'expert' will be along shortly to talk down to you and end up not addressing your question at all.

Thank you for using the old fogey network, please come here again when you next feel like being patronised.

Wow the guy asked you a very serious question, and you are so interested in the bickering that you don't give him the respect of a direct serious answer. That is not cool man. You ae so wound up in the virtual measuring contest that when a guy comes along and wants to know something you blow it off just for the sake of taking shots at others.

Maybe this is part of the communication problem here. Too much testoserone.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Surly in any contest you require more that one person.

How typical of you to single me out and side with the bunch of self-elected experts who talk down to other like they are ****!

Is the moral high ground also decided by you and your posse as well?

Keep it up, as the only ones prolonging it is you lot!

About time we had a separate forum for Street Hypnotists, but I doubt if the 'Experts' could resist a forum where they could talk down to others and demand that they listen to their self electedness.

Still, make it all about me if that fires your twig. I for one will not put up with being talked down to as I'm not here to boost others fragile egos.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Again, we have said many times that the amature ambush hypnotists should have their own forum.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Ouch, I wish I hadn't posted this topic now...anyway hypnokid, I used some of James Tripp's work to accomplish the hand stick so it was real hypnosis but I explained to them that it was hypnosis and a demonstration beforehand.
Ben Field
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Ben Field
Hey magician 336, don't be put off by all this, it's a pleasure to read you posts and see what your doing, take the positive stuff from the thread and ignore the rest!! :o)
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Don't be discouraged Jake.
What you're describing other people would probably describe as suggestion-work, a set-piece ( those who read RIP and nothing else ) or waking hypnosis. Most will only accept a full trance as real hypnosis. Those would maybe be the same ones that believe in the trance state Smile.

Thoughtfully,

Timon.
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Thanks guys, Im glad to hear someone is enjoying some of the stuff I have been experimenting with! I did a lot of full trance work last night with a large group outside my favorite local hot spot watching and it was great! I should have some of my footage back from my gig two Fridays ago soon, so I will be sure to post it up once I have everything properly credited and edited to look good. Today is the arts festival in my town, so I am going to go down town and perform a lot today which I'm really excited for! Thanks again for the support and I will keep everyone posted as my journey keeps pushing along!
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 19:04, Dannydoyle wrote:
Again, we have said many times that the amature ambush hypnotists should have their own forum.

What about professional non-stage Hypnotists? Should they get their own forum to?
It would be helpful as none of the so-called experts here seem to know anything about that subject.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well they know, you just can't manage to keep up.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-05-14 23:07, Dannydoyle wrote:
Well they know, you just can't manage to keep up.

No, I think I have exposed what is really going on here and the so-called self elected experts agenda of being as unhelpful as they can to keep it a closed shop for just themselves.

Quite a nasty little bunch of self-important people really. Still, best to ignore now that we know their agenda.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I wish you would ignore, because that implies quiet.

I like the way you apply terms you have made up and then try to think they are us. Not even good straw men arguements.

Please do everyone a favor, keep ambushing unsuspecting people in pubs and ignore us.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
Actually Danny, I was asking you as you appeared to put down hand sticks and amnesia as magic rather than hypnosis.

Care to explain how these can be achieved with magic alone?

Also, why the insistence that all street hypnotists 'ambush'? Again, would you like to be judged by the worst of your industry because I'm sure we can all dream up some slurs if that would suit.

HK
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Many would argue that you the ambush hypnotists ARE the worst of the industry LOL.

Ever see the "Electric Chair"? Done WITHOUT HYPNOSIS! Now this is an amazing example of entertainment. Paul Daniels did a WONDERFUL version of it.

I can go on and on, but then again I have been entertaining for 20+ years. If you can't figure these things out, I am sorry.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
I have an understanding of magic.

I asked specifically about the two things magician336 mentioned and you put down to being magic: hand sticks and amnesia.

To make it easy, I'll also ask magician336 if he used magic or hypnosis to achieve these.

HK
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The same methodes used for the "Electric Chair" can be used for hand sticks and amnesia yes. AND ARE! This is my point about knowing history. It was not a shot, it was advice.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I used hypnosis to get the hand stick and the amnesia and every other hypnosis related phenomena I had happen. I didn't bill the phenomena as magic, I told them that it was hypnosis and unless asking someone if they want to experience hypnosis then using a handshake induction or a Jacquin power lift(superb induction) then I am not an "ambush" hypnotist. I mean no disrespect to anyone on here, but I am starting to get frustrated by people that are regular posters on here and could offer me the most help being the ones who are against anything I say because I perform magic and hypnosis alongside one another.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Where do I go from here? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL