We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jeff McBride won't be my friend (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I mean, what's up with that? Not once, but TWICE!...I have sent him a Facebook friend request. Mind you, he's not my favorite magician--not even close--but FB keeps telling me that something like 40 of my friends are "mutual" friends with Jeff. So I figure I'm missing out on something. So I clicked the friend request button. Twice.

Both times I got this very personal, very sweet message from Abbi telling me that FB has a limit on the number of friends one can have, and that Jeff has hit his limit, and that she is oh so sorry but that's that. I got this heartfelt message TWICE, with identical wording.

So this morning I get up and log in to FB, and at the very top of my notices list is:

"Jeff McBride is now friends with ****** *******."

What's up with that? I mean, is Abbi lying to me? Why? What have I ever done to offend the McBrides?

And don't even get me started on Becky Buller! I've sent her so many friend requests that she probably thinks I'm stalking her. But do I get to be one of her 4,000+ friends? No. No.

Am I a leper or something?

I just don't understand this whole Facebook thing.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3250 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Facebook sucks. Period. In my ( admittedly stupid) opinion it's probably the single worst facet of the entire internet. The depths of the wallowing in the minutia and banality of people's mediocre existences are unmatched by any other single invention in the history of communication -with the possible exception(s) of CB radio and The Magic Café...

If you "don't get it" then you understand far more than you probably realize!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5042 Posts

Profile of landmark
I loved facebook when I first got on it. Soon it became a monster destroying everything before it. I never look there anymore nor answer any requests. I'm too facebook phobic to even try to delete my profile.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
I think it is funny at times how Facebook acolytes accept “new” features as if they were intimations of the Second Coming.

This is news as of April 25, 2011:

Facebook has just released a new button that allows users to share items with select people as opposed to everyone who follows them. The new Send button pops up a small email blank with a drop-down address bar that automatically suggests folks you’ve recently communicated with on Facebook. You can override this by typing in a name, an email address or a Facebook group name.

Uhm, back in the 20th century, we used to call this functionality, uhm….”email”???
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am not on Facebook, because of how dumb I think it is. BUT Stoney, I am your friend.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
If the rumor mill I've been subjected to is true then this seems pretty typical of the McBride camp. But the person who told me that is a lying homewrecker so don't take it seriously. You probably just smell like soup Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
I'm am going to be his friend, just to spite you. Let the friending commence!
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Ummm, I already am friends with him... Guess I was one of the 40.

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2011-05-01 10:37, Dannydoyle wrote:
BUT Stoney, I am your friend.

Thanks, Danny. And it means something to me, I assure you, since I'm nowhere near the 4000+ limit on friends.

:)
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2011-05-01 11:38, kcg5 wrote:
Ummm, I already am friends with him... Guess I was one of the 40.

Yep.

Bumhole!
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Out of loyalty to you , I will defriend him.

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
What, so that I can get in? Don't defriend him.

Look, I'm much more concerned about Becky Buller. Can you do something about that?
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Tell me the details, and I'm on it like a bonnet.

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well, just try to befriend Becky Buller. If you're successful, we know she has something against me. Which would hurt. I mean, if she won't be my friend, she'll never see the photos I posted of her!
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Jeff McBride sent me a friend request about a year ago because someone suggested he friend me. I rejected him. I'm not a friend collector so I don't care how many I have. If I want to add someone I will but I reject more or just flat out ignore most requests I get, then the ones I do accept.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well, if you get a friend request from Becky Buller, maybe we can swap friend requests and have the friends we want.

Then again, what is the definition of "friend" these days. Aristotle wouldn't be so impressed, I don't think.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5042 Posts

Profile of landmark
Becky Buller ,eh? Would you settle for Buckminster Fuller?
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
There are 3 Bullers... Which one?

Buller? Buller? Buller?

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Three Becky Bullers?

There is only the ONE!

(Of course, others could share her name. I mean the Becky that fiddles, and sings, and plays banjo, too! This Becky: http://www.beckybuller.com/)

But I can't say more, because I'm not a stalker. Truly, I'm not. No. I just think she's something like God's idea of the perfect woman. But I haven't done anything stalking like other than to request her friendship on Facebook three or four times.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2011-05-01 06:11, stoneunhinged wrote:
I mean, what's up with that? ...

Won't even reply to my email. Guess he's busy.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jeff McBride won't be my friend (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL