We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jeff McBride won't be my friend (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Jonathan, are you on Facebook?

Friendship is friendship.

Please be my friend.

:)
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2011-05-01 06:11, stoneunhinged wrote:
Both times I got this very personal, very sweet message from Abbi telling me that FB has a limit on the number of friends one can have, and that Jeff has hit his limit, and that she is oh so sorry but that's that. I got this heartfelt message TWICE, with identical wording.

So this morning I get up and log in to FB, and at the very top of my notices list is:

"Jeff McBride is now friends with ****** *******."

What's up with that? I mean, is Abbi lying to me? Why? What have I ever done to offend the McBrides?

Would you rather that Abbi be brutally honest with you and tell you that you're unworthy?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I might consider an "Acquaintance" request from Jeff McBride, but that's as far as I'd go.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I sent a friend request to Jeff and, like you, I got a nice email from Abbi telling me about the limitations and how requests are reserved for his students. After he did a lecture and workshop in Kansas City, I sent a request and, not only was it approved this time, but I got a nice email from Jeff himself. I mean Jeff McBride, the other Jeff won't be friends with me on Facebook. Then again, that might be because I haven't looked for him.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Hey, I'll be workshoppin' with Jeff next month. Maybe I can be his friend too. If so, I'll put a word in for you, Stone.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Becky accepted my request!!!!!
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 00:10, kcg5 wrote:

No! Really?

I guess I am a leper.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Facebook is what you ALLOW it to be. My fb is private, about 600 friends is where I keep it, professional performers ONLY, no muggles or gen pub. I choose who to friend. Good conversation and LOTS of business for my 'stuff' in the niche I operate in. I use my fb 'wall' as a blog and for 'specials' for the magic community. Jeff Stone will tell you, we have fun. Mainly it is hundreds of performers (and many big names) I otherwise would not be able to interact with, or in many cases have the oportunity to sell to.
Besides where else could I have gotten 178 happy Birthday messages? Got zero on the Café. Smile Hell, Steve Brooks only got 3 on the Café! geez. fb has its worth if you know how to control it.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 02:37, stoneunhinged wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 00:10, kcg5 wrote:

No! Really?

I guess I am a leper.

Well, I think you're an okay guy...

If that means anything.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5044 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 04:13, Doug Higley wrote:
Facebook is what you ALLOW it to be. My fb is private, about 600 friends is where I keep it, professional performers ONLY, no muggles or gen pub. I choose who to friend. Good conversation and LOTS of business for my 'stuff' in the niche I operate in. I use my fb 'wall' as a blog and for 'specials' for the magic community. Jeff Stone will tell you, we have fun. Mainly it is hundreds of performers (and many big names) I otherwise would not be able to interact with, or in many cases have the oportunity to sell to.
Besides where else could I have gotten 178 happy Birthday messages? Got zero on the Café. Smile Hell, Steve Brooks only got 3 on the Café! geez. fb has its worth if you know how to control it.

Doug, no matter what you think, nothing on facebook is private. They can and do change policies and default settings without notice. There are countless hacks, and you are at risk almost anytime you click on anything on facebook. I'm not saying facebook isn't fun and valuable--just that if you think it's private you should be much more circumspect.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yeah I'm sure of that. I don't put really personal stuff on there. By private, I meant not open to the muggles and gen pub. I have to ok a friend request and I'm careful of who I let in or even keep on. As to clicking...that is a real problem with bogus links and advertisements that lead to trouble. You can usually spot 'em though. It's far from perfect but there is a good bunch of us that have it figured out as best one can...and It's paid off for me definately.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2928 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thanks for this thread, "Stoney". Smile I feel better now. He won't be my friend, either. But he added my twin sister right away.
:shrug:

~ magicalaurie Smile
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Just out of curiosity, I tried it and I get this message: "If you send a request to a stranger, it will be considered spam and your friend request will be blocked temporarily. Please only send this request if you know this user."
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jeff McBride won't be my friend (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL