We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Faneuil Hall Boston - Street Hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
"My point was that you are totally ignoring people with more experience and knowledge than you have."

Well thanks for letting me know what you have decided about me.

So:
You have decided who the experts are.
You have decided I'm not one.
You have decided what I do with the knowledge of the experts who are defined by you.

And you have no concept of the word 'arrogance'?
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20346 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am so sick of the virtual measuring contests that go on.

I have to say that the street guys seem to have something to prove. They are the ones often offended quite quickly at being dismissed, while dismissing quite quickly others. I don't know why the need for others to take you seriously takes such a big part of these discussions. I mean really, if you are happy with what you are doing then great. It should not matter what any of us old guys who have been making a living for 20+ years think. In the end it is all opinions and if you are happy with doing things like you are, then there should be no problem.

The fact is that in America at least (I can not speak for England.) street hypnosis will never, or at least in the near future, reach the levels that stage work has. It is what it is. A = A and nothing will change it. Stage hypnosis here still has major audiences who want to see it and who pay money to see it. The show has not been relegated to back of bars.

So if you are happy with what it is you are doing, that really is all that matters in the end right? What we think of it should not enter into the equasion, and there is certainly no reason to be offended by what we say or think.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 08:13, Shrubsole wrote:
"So if you're presenting yourself as an expert..."

And that's it in a nutshell! I'm not presenting myself as anything. I don't need to. I Don't seem to have that trait shown by some on here where they arrogantly have to be the top dog and demand that everyone needs to listen to then or they are wrong. I have no ego that requires constant stroking and reinforcement.

Bullpucky!

You're coming off as an expert who knows more than anyone else. You EXACTLY show the trait of arrogance and demand that people with other views are wrong. The fact that you are here claiming you have no ego shows exactly how big your ego is. If you didn't have an ego you wouldn't be posting defending your expertise. You wouldn't be a performer, either.

Quote:
It is that very arrogance on here that is ruining this place. Self-elected experts telling you that they are experts and that everyone else should shut up and listen to them whilst they prattle on on their ego-trip.

It so bad that they can't even see they are doing it.

Pot->Mirror->Black

NOBODY is telling others to "shut up and listen." People are saying, "I have years of experience that I'm willing to share." Then some egomaniac comes on and writes that they don't care about the experience and training of others. They've seen a few videos and read a book (I call them "IROBs" : "I Read One Book and now I know everything so I don't need to listen to anyone."

Quote:
Read my posts or don't read my posts. Find them of interest or discard them. I have no ego that requires constant attention and no need to qualify my posts as something you need to listen to by telling everyone how wonderful I think I am.

Bullpucky. If you had no ego you wouldn't post them at all, sharing your self- assumed expertise.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 08:29, Shrubsole wrote:
"My point was that you are totally ignoring people with more experience and knowledge than you have."

Well thanks for letting me know what you have decided about me.

So:
You have decided who the experts are.
You have decided I'm not one.
You have decided what I do with the knowledge of the experts who are defined by you.

And you have no concept of the word 'arrogance'?

I have decided that your expressed lack of knowledge and training, combined with egotism that prevents you from even being willing to hear what others have to say or entertain the possibility that you might be wrong or partially wrong, shows you to be a self-centered, arrogant, unimportant nothing.

You seem to think that all of the people on this forum have never been in the position you are. The difference between you and some of the other people here is that they listened to others. They learned from others. And then, the best of them went on to originate based on what they learned.

And what have you done other than stick someone's hand to a pole?

No, you clearly know more than everyone here.

And as I wrote to you earlier:

"... help us poor people who don't have knowledge. Give us some SPECIFIC examples of stunts you're doing as part of your street hypnosis. Not magic. Not mentalism. Something other than having someone stick their hand to a pole or their forehead or stand in an uncomfortable position. Share how you're making a living doing just street hypnosis. Share how taking advantage of others for your own enjoyment is a good thing. Share exactly how you're getting a booker to come out from behind his/her desk, ignore your publicity and reel, and suddenly book you because they see you hypnotizing someone in the street. We poor people would like to know this!"

We STILL want to know, and although you've made several posts, you've not responded to this at all. You're the self-appointed expert in this. You said that experts help others. So share your information.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9976 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
"... help us poor people who don't have knowledge. Give us some SPECIFIC examples of stunts you're doing as part of your street hypnosis. Not magic. Not mentalism. Something other than having someone stick their hand to a pole or their forehead or stand in an uncomfortable position. Share how you're making a living doing just street hypnosis. Share how taking advantage of others for your own enjoyment is a good thing. Share exactly how you're getting a booker to come out from behind his/her desk, ignore your publicity and reel, and suddenly book you because they see you hypnotizing someone in the street. We poor people would like to know this!"

We STILL want to know, and although you've made several posts, you've not responded to this at all. You're the self-appointed expert in this. You said that experts help others. So share your information.

Yes, I to would love to hear your a non-expert, non-egotist, non-professional (not done for a living), non-magician, non-stage hypnotist (did I miss any?), inborn answers too!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
84 posts, none helping the original poster. Keep it going guys.
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
I'd love to but have been told that I'm not an expert and don't know what I'm talking about.

I didn't even get the option of electing myself an expert. Only some others are allowed to do that and then only the people they say can do so after that.

Seems I miss the 'Elect yourself an expert day'

Still, I'll just bumble along a do my best.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20346 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 16:50, Anthony Jacquin wrote:

Says the guy who makes a living selling a package telling people to steal cucumbers?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20346 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 17:07, Shrubsole wrote:
I'd love to but have been told that I'm not an expert and don't know what I'm talking about.

I didn't even get the option of electing myself an expert. Only some others are allowed to do that and then only the people they say can do so after that.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but others are always the one who determing if you are an expert or not. I do not pose that you are, I do not pose that you are not. I do not know you well enough. But part of my not taking you as an expert is I have no idea who you are. ALL we have to judge you on is your words right here. We don't know your background, so how can we possibly know?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 17:15, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but others are always the one who determine if you are an expert or not. I do not pose that you are, I do not pose that you are not. I do not know you well enough. But part of my not taking you as an expert is I have no idea who you are. ALL we have to judge you on is your words right here. We don't know your background, so how can we possibly know?

"others are always the one who determine if you are an expert or not."

But that is simply not the case on here at all. There are loads of self-elected experts who demand that I listen to them as they are an expert. They didn't once ask me to decide or if I agreed.

As for me, I require no such label to be given to me or invent for myself. I really don't. I don't need the utter self-elected arrogant ego trip that some seem to need so much that they only ever come on here to find a post that they can dissect and talk down to. They are here to help no one.

If something useful is read in a post of mine then great, if there is nothing of interest in a post of mine, then great.

And when you find out what some poster's real agendas are:

Quote:
On 2011-05-04 08:05, mindpunisher wrote:
...But the truth is the more bad hypnotists around the less booking around. And the ones that are around the fees plumet. You won't look good because you won't get the chance too it will simply **** up the market if it hasn't already. I know hypnotists even in the states that have stopped doing shows because of all the courses and newbies willing to do shows for next to nothing. One told me its screwed up the market.

Then you get to see what is really behind the talking down to others and electing themselves as the so-called experts.

So we have me: Who requires no badge.
And then we have the others with their own home-made badge and we can see what they are really all about.

I mean those word are not mine, so it can't be something I have made up can it?
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 17:12, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 16:50, Anthony Jacquin wrote:

Says the guy who makes a living selling a package telling people to steal cucumbers?

More need then for a forum where people who want to discuss Impromptu Hypnosis can do so without people who don't get it talking down to them.

But I bet the great self-elected couldn't keep away if their ego depended on it.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9976 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
We've all long agreed there should be a separate forum for street/impromptu.

The only one mentioning and bitc**ing about experts and self-elected experts is you. I believe you coined the term - you're contribution to this forum. You're the only one who brings up or complains about labels and badges, most are here to learn something. I don't need a label, I'll let my 30+ years of full-time live performing speak for itself. I don't need to prove anything or anyone. Also please don't confuse real world experience, skill and knowledge with ego - this is another mistake you seem to make regularly. Many people on here regularly ask & PM questions and advice and seem to appreciate the information and perspectives offered by those of us with proven track records.

If you want to put your efforts into something constructive, try banding together with your brothers and work on convincing the mods that a forum for street/impromptu is warranted. Get Anthony in your corner as I believe he's been a paid advertiser here before and should carry some clout. Tripp and others I would think would be with you. You may even be able to soon obtain "expert" status in your own forum!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20346 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 18:12, Shrubsole wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 17:15, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but others are always the one who determine if you are an expert or not. I do not pose that you are, I do not pose that you are not. I do not know you well enough. But part of my not taking you as an expert is I have no idea who you are. ALL we have to judge you on is your words right here. We don't know your background, so how can we possibly know?

"others are always the one who determine if you are an expert or not."

But that is simply not the case on here at all. There are loads of self-elected experts who demand that I listen to them as they are an expert. They didn't once ask me to decide or if I agreed.

As for me, I require no such label to be given to me or invent for myself. I really don't. I don't need the utter self-elected arrogant ego trip that some seem to need so much that they only ever come on here to find a post that they can dissect and talk down to. They are here to help no one.

If something useful is read in a post of mine then great, if there is nothing of interest in a post of mine, then great.

And when you find out what some poster's real agendas are:

Quote:
On 2011-05-04 08:05, mindpunisher wrote:
...But the truth is the more bad hypnotists around the less booking around. And the ones that are around the fees plumet. You won't look good because you won't get the chance too it will simply **** up the market if it hasn't already. I know hypnotists even in the states that have stopped doing shows because of all the courses and newbies willing to do shows for next to nothing. One told me its screwed up the market.

Then you get to see what is really behind the talking down to others and electing themselves as the so-called experts.

So we have me: Who requires no badge.
And then we have the others with their own home-made badge and we can see what they are really all about.

I mean those word are not mine, so it can't be something I have made up can it?

It seems as if you even have little life experience. The value of your opinions is determined by others. Sorry to break it to you. Not everyones opinion is equal.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20346 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
And yes we have long said a special ambush forum is needed.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 18:12, Shrubsole wrote:

And yet you come here on an ego trip, putting yourself up as an expert while decrying expertise.

And for a third time I'll ask:

... help us poor people who don't have knowledge. Give us some SPECIFIC examples of stunts you're doing as part of your street hypnosis. Not magic. Not mentalism. Something other than having someone stick their hand to a pole or their forehead or stand in an uncomfortable position. Share how you're making a living doing just street hypnosis. Share how taking advantage of others for your own enjoyment is a good thing. Share exactly how you're getting a booker to come out from behind his/her desk, ignore your publicity and reel, and suddenly book you because they see you hypnotizing someone in the street. We poor people would like to know this!"

Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-05-13 18:46, Mindpro wrote:

Who is we exactly?

I see no need for a separate forum. Just change the title and mandate of this one Smile
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20346 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 19:23, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-13 18:46, Mindpro wrote:

Who is we exactly?

I see no need for a separate forum. Just change the title and mandate of this one Smile

Those of us who are not ambush hypnotists trying to steal cucumbers.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

I do not see anything in the group description or the ground rules suggesting this is a forum only for traditional stage hypnotists. Perhaps you should have asked someone to close the door earlier.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20346 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea who would have thought common sense would prevail huh?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
hypnokid
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of hypnokid
This talk of experts and ego is hilarious. Have you looked at yourselves?

HK
Too much style to be a stage hypnotist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Faneuil Hall Boston - Street Hypnosis (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL