The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who agrees with Woland? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 17:31, critter wrote:
Well, if there's only one person who sees these racist acts...
I don't think it means that person is necessarily a racist, but it does provide some evidence that the individual may be experiencing some delusional paranoia.

There. Fixed your sentence.

Just because I'm the first guy around here to state the obvious doesn't make me wrong, just the first. Look around critter. I've noticed some other people beginning to brave the waters who think the same as me, they just haven't been as vocal about it until recently. Nobody likes a bully, but many people figure it's not worth their time or trouble to wrestle in the mud with pigs. But there seems to be an "enough is enough" movement gaining momentum around here, which I will do my best obviously to encourage.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20525 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Show me another poster who has made claims of racist posts please. Again as stoney has said PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Scream it all you like, it does not make you right.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 17:36, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 17:31, critter wrote:
Well, when there's only one person who sees these racist acts...
I don't think it means that person is necessarily a racist, but it does provide some evidence that the individual may be experiencing some delusional paranoia.

Or supressing his own viewpoint and projecting that upon others.

That is also possible. Or maybe both.
Just seems really off when only one person is hearing(reading) this mysterious invisible racism that nobody else can hear(see.) Really smacks of delusion and paranoia to my Spidey Sense.
Would explain why reason never works on said individual. Delusional people don't generally know that they are delusional.
Not that this is necessarily the case, it's just how it's coming across to me.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
There. Fixed your sentence.

Ha!
:lol:

Really? You're arguing that you aren't putting words in peoples mouths... by literally putting words in people mouths? Smile
~Will Rogers
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
You guys did just read the part about mud and pigs, right?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Ah, the old pot and kettle...

Quote:
On 2011-05-02 18:00, Chance wrote:

Calling a Melungeon a mud-covered pig? Racist.
~Will Rogers
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Clearly racist, clearly.
You know why don't act naive.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Chance,

Is the sun a bit strong for you out there in the desert?

Seems to be a bit of a Lone Voice in the Wilderness thing happening.

Woland must have scored some good points I missed to have been appointed successor to Danny Doyle and Santa as Chance's Pariah of the Month.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20525 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:

Your pot kettle bit is much funnier you should go back to that. Always go with your strength.

To be serious for a second, and maybe get this lunacy deleated here we go.

Punkin, I have news for you. My Messiah is in all likelyhood a man of color. (Not just 1/2 like a lot of Obama worshipers.) Yes follow me here, Jesus was most likely a person of color. I know you are not big on facts or research or what not, but get out a good book on history with a map and figure it out for yourself. My Messiah most likely had kinky hair, not long flowing hair and idealised caucasion features like you see in pictures. I have known this since it was taught to me as a small child.

Go ahead call me a racist.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27123 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The video shows many racist, sexist, religiously bigoted and basically angry images. IMHO some of those images look photoshopped and they appear unsourced.

I suspect every political party out to make changes has its share of bigots. I also suspect that the video is an inflammatory construct.

In answer to your question as first posed, Chase, I don't see anyone throwing insults, feces, burning the president and his family in effigy or advocating the direct use of physical force to impede or harm our President or (as you mentioned on another thread) any members of our House of Representatives or Senate.

Not a fan of hate speech here - though it is protected under our constitution - and it also Smile lets you make a better informed decision as to whether you really want to go and buy girlscout cookies from their kids, offer your services to their organizations and do business with those who employ them.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20525 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea seems as if a lot of the "racist" stuff is sort of left wing groups who want to pose.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0410/35901.html
http://biggovernment.com/bowens/2010/07/......-racism/
http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/20......y-video/

So the left has an organised campaign to make certain there IS racism in the Tea Party movement. Hmmm. Wonder if the movement worries them or not?

Well Chance, what say you about things like this? Let me guess, it is stuff that the Tea Party is thinking anyhow right, so it is ok?

landmark? Are these tactics something to be proud of?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 20:54, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:

Your pot kettle bit is much funnier you should go back to that. Always go with your strength.

To be serious for a second, and maybe get this lunacy deleated here we go.

Punkin, I have news for you. My Messiah is in all likelyhood a man of color. (Not just 1/2 like a lot of Obama worshipers.) Yes follow me here, Jesus was most likely a person of color. I know you are not big on facts or research or what not, but get out a good book on history with a map and figure it out for yourself. My Messiah most likely had kinky hair, not long flowing hair and idealised caucasion features like you see in pictures. I have known this since it was taught to me as a small child.

Go ahead call me a racist.

Is your description of how you think Jesus looked supposed to offend me? Hardly. I think you're description's off a bit, but in general I agree with you: He wouldn't pass for a WASP. What does offend me is how you equate Obama (or any person living or dead) with the Christ. That's where people like you and Lobo miss the point entirely. I'm not bothered that you don't like Obama; I couldn't care less what your politcal beliefs are or aren't. What bothers me is that you find it so easy to degrade the Christ. In other words, I'm not defending Obama when I say please stop using the word "messiah", I'm defending my Lord, Jesus Christ.

And I also know that He doesn't endorse your petty taunting or your angry reprisals. Tempting others to commit sin is an even bigger one.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 21:31, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
The video shows many racist, sexist, religiously bigoted and basically angry images. IMHO some of those images look photoshopped and they appear unsourced.

I suspect every political party out to make changes has its share of bigots. I also suspect that the video is an inflammatory construct.

In answer to your question as first posed, Chase, I don't see anyone throwing insults, feces, burning the president and his family in effigy or advocating the direct use of physical force to impede or harm our President or (as you mentioned on another thread) any members of our House of Representatives or Senate.

Not a fan of hate speech here - though it is protected under our constitution - and it also Smile lets you make a better informed decision as to whether you really want to go and buy girlscout cookies from their kids, offer your services to their organizations and do business with those who employ them.

Jonathan, rather than debate you tit for tat, I'd simply suggest that you do some seatching of your own. Google tea party + signs and see what you come up with. Then do the same with democratic party + signs, etc. The gulf between the 2 is enormous.

And the question posed here is just this: do you agree with Woland that the video is "gentle" and contains absolutely nothing racist? You've already said it contained racist images; it is gentle then, or not? What's your take?
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Now they stood beside the treasure,
On the mountain, dark and red.
Turned the stone and looked beneath it...
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

Go ahead and hate your neighbor,
Go ahead and cheat a friend.
Do it in the name of Heaven,
You can justify it in the end.
There won't be any trumpets blowing
Come the judgement day,
On the bloody morning after....
One tin soldier rides away.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20525 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 21:48, Chance wrote:
And I also know that He doesn't endorse your petty taunting or your angry reprisals. Tempting others to commit sin is an even bigger one.

For example race baiting? Yea your right.

Oh and I do not say anything to try to offend you. Not hardly. I say that about Christ, because it is true, and it shows about ME.

Someone call Galileo and tell him he was wrong. The earth does not move arround the sun. It actually moves arround Chance.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I just hope Chance doesn't sit down today considering where the sun shines from - it's beautiful here today on Hervey Bay beach - I do not want to see an eclipse.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Danny, I find it offensive when you refer to Obama as "your messiah" as well. Regardless of whether or not it's capitalized, the implications on your assumptions about people's beliefs are the same.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20525 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea? Well I am offended by a LOT of things you say, yet somehow you keep saying them without care for my feelings. I am offended by your hatred of corporations, telling me the rich are the problem, people who vote against their own interest, and just trying to imply that people who don't agree with you are idiots who can't take care of themselves.

So if you wanna stop with these things then get back to me about "your messiah". Then we have some of that "common ground" you are so fond of. Till then, it falls into the "too bad" category as far as I am concerned. Or let me guess, you don't want to play the game any more?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27123 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 22:09, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Danny, I find it offensive when you refer to Obama as "your messiah" as well...

How specifically? Such is a personal belief.
If it's being stated as a projection - the presumed belief of another by way of what's called "mind reading" - then that's its own problem as distinct from the term messiah.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 15:40, Chance wrote:

The point is that Woland said that he saw nothing racially motivated AT ALL in that video, and that what he did see was simply "gentle" political discourse.

Actually, not to disrupt your narrative or anything, but despite your use of caps, that IS NOT what Woland said.

I have no illusions that a little thing like that will slow you down.

It's really funny the extent to which you mischaracterize others' positions, given your reactions to others' comments on your own positions.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who agrees with Woland? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL