The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who agrees with Woland? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 12:42, Tom Bartlethe wrote:
...the "LEFT" will do to him what they did to Clarence Thomas and what the "LEFT" did in his case was raciest.

Nothing the extreme activist faction of the far left hates more than a conservative they can't play the race card against. See also: Connerly, Ward.

If you can't attack Thomas by saying he's a racist, what other option do you have other than to call him stupid?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Who cares about Thomas, he hasn't said one word in five years.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20525 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 20:43, kcg5 wrote:
Who cares about Thomas, he hasn't said one word in five years.

This could very well be his most attractive feature you gotta admit!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 18:44, HerbLarry wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 12:42, Tom Bartlett wrote:
I hope Herman Cain is the next Republican candidate for President of the United States. If he does run and win the presidency, you can bet that the "LEFT" will do to him what they did to Clarence Thomas and what the "LEFT" did in his case was raciest.

:applause:

HERMAN CAIN, CEO, THE NEW VOICE: Hey, Neil, a reporter asked me would I appoint a Muslim to my administration? I did say no. And here's why. But the reporter didn't tell you this.

I would have to have people totally committed to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of this United States. And many of the Muslims, they are not totally dedicated to this country. They are not dedicated to our Constitution. Many of them are trying to force Sharia law on the people of this country.

And, so, yes, I did say it, and that is because I don't have time to be watching someone on my administration if they are not totally committed to the Declaration and the Constitution of the United States and the laws of this country.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/your-world......Lo4sdjQD

This disqualifies the prospective nominee on the face of it. He is a bigot and has no understanding of American values.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Departmental policies and the law in general. Bending the rules or the law is not breaking but using it at ones discretion and to fit one's need. Everything from stopping another police officer, sheriff's deputy, state officer, federal agent for a traffic violation and then granting them professional courtsey to inventive ways to conduct searches that don't violate the fourth amendment but are still questionable. To fudging on the breathalyzer or talking someone into being arrested.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 20:15, LobowolfXXX wrote:

If you can't attack Thomas by saying he's a racist, what other option do you have other than to call him stupid?

How about liar and unethical profiteer?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20525 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 23:04, landmark wrote:
Quote:

Isn't "unethical profiteer" redundant to you libs?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Take a look at the link.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16203 Posts

Profile of tommy
It this a political topic?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, it does appear that after two decades of impugning his intelligence, there's another option!

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 23:36, tommy wrote:
It this a political topic?

No, we don't have those here.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-05-11 23:40, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, it does appear that after two decades of impugning his intelligence, there's another option!

Liar's an old one--just ask Anita Hill and his local video store. The unethical part unfortunately took time to come to light as he conveniently didn't report the contributions to his wife's organization.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16203 Posts

Profile of tommy
Unethical seems a mild description of that it seems to me as that is a criminal offence is it not?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-05-12 00:10, landmark wrote:

Liar's an old one--just ask Anita Hill

Well, that's true...I forgot that everyone who vilified Paula Jones backed Anita Hill.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20525 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I keep forgetting that everyone who disagrees with the hard left is a liar, a criminal or what not. Nobody actually has a point. I don't know why that keep slipping my mind.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-05-12 01:10, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:

Well, that's true...I forgot that everyone who vilified Paula Jones backed Anita Hill.

Switching subjects here. The third ball goes in the pocket.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-05-12 08:10, Dannydoyle wrote:
I keep forgetting that everyone who disagrees with the hard left is a liar, a criminal or what not. Nobody actually has a point. I don't know why that keep slipping my mind.

I keep forgetting that facts make no difference. The point is clear.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-05-12 09:56, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-12 01:10, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:

Switching subjects here. The third ball goes in the pocket.

I think, actually, it was you who did that. The point wasn't that Thomas is actually without flaws; it's that he's (has long seemed to me, at any rate) pretty consistently ridiculed as unintelligent by the far left, and IMO, it's because of his race (indirectly), as he's not susceptible to the default attacks that are leveled again the other recent conservative justices - that they're racists. All the tax disclosures and sexual harassment charges in the world are incidental to that.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
So the facts are just incidental and don't matter, it's just really racism on the part of his critics?
Did those same racist leftist critics make the same arguments about Thurgood Marshall?
Why does this conversation seem familiar?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-05-12 12:32, landmark wrote:
So the facts are just incidental and don't matter, it's just really racism on the part of his critics?
Did those same racist leftist critics make the same arguments about Thurgood Marshall?
Why does this conversation seem familiar?

Perhaps I'm not making myself clear. I'll try to more clearly emphasize my point.

Yes, the 'facts' (or allegations, with respect to the Anita Hill matter) are just incidental and don't matter WITH RESPECT TO THE FREQUENT CRITICISMS OF HIS INTELLIGENCE. Criticisms on the basis of intelligence are, IMO (having reading numerous Supreme Court decisions in their entirety), disproportionately and unfairly aimed at Thomas, as compared to other justices.

The Thurgood Marshall question suggests that you have missed my point. It would be relevant if I said that his intelligence is being criticized because he's black; I am not saying that. I am saying that it's being criticized BECAUSE HE IS CONSERVATIVE AND THEY CAN'T PLAY THE RACE CARD AGAINST HIM.

Notice that when I said the criticisms are because of his race, I added the word INDIRECTLY. He's not being criticized in this way because he's black and the leftists criticizing him don't like him for the fact that he's black. He's being criticized in this way because he's conservative, and his being black protects him from the race card.

So the Thurgood Marshall analogy is far outside the point - and thus it's NOT the conversation we've heard before; the people I'm talking about like Marshall's politics, so they don't care whether he's white or black. They hate Thomas's politics, and THEY DON'T CARE WHETHER HE'S WHITE OR BLACK EITHER, except that being black, they can't just call him a racist for his policies they way they do (did) with Scalia, Rehnquist, etc. It's a purely strategic factor.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who agrees with Woland? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL