The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who agrees with Woland? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 21:48, Chance wrote:


And I also know that He doesn't endorse your petty taunting or your angry reprisals. Tempting others to commit sin is an even bigger one.


Somehow, I suspect a lot of your actions are missing the ol' JC Seal of Approval, too.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
It wasn't a quote, it was a paraphrase. Notice the missing quotation marks? If I have his meaning wrong then why hasn't Woland tried to correct me?
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
I didn't read all of the above, just a gist skim.
What did Woland say then I can say yes or now. It's not always black or white.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 00:24, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 21:48, Chance wrote:


And I also know that He doesn't endorse your petty taunting or your angry reprisals. Tempting others to commit sin is an even bigger one.


Somehow, I suspect a lot of your actions are missing the ol' JC Seal of Approval, too.


There's a big difference betwen being a fallible human and an intentional hypocrite.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 00:27, abc wrote:
I didn't read all of the above, just a gist skim.
What did Woland say then I can say yes or now. It's not always black or white.


A direct quote by Woland regarding the video is in the very first post. It will help if you watch it to see what we're talking about.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 22:34, Dannydoyle wrote:
Yea? Well I am offended by a LOT of things you say, yet somehow you keep saying them without care for my feelings. I am offended by your hatred of corporations, telling me the rich are the problem, people who vote against their own interest, and just trying to imply that people who don't agree with you are idiots who can't take care of themselves.

So if you wanna stop with these things then get back to me about "your messiah". Then we have some of that "common ground" you are so fond of. Till then, it falls into the "too bad" category as far as I am concerned. Or let me guess, you don't want to play the game any more?
Unless you literally worship corporations, your analogy is completely bogus. "Messiah" is a loaded word- Christians have only one Messiah, and implying it's anyone other than Christ is horribly insulting.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 00:30, Chance wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 00:27, abc wrote:
I didn't read all of the above, just a gist skim.
What did Woland say then I can say yes or now. It's not always black or white.


A direct quote by Woland regarding the video is in the very first post. It will help if you watch it to see what we're talking about.


You might want to read that direct quote again yourself. He DID NOT say, as you subsequently attributed to him, that he saw "no racism AT ALL" in the video; he said that "they do not attack him because he is black," which means that the comments about Bush getting the Hitler comments ARE in fact on point, and relevant to Woland's post, thought not your mischaracterization of Woland's position.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 00:28, Chance wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 00:24, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 21:48, Chance wrote:


And I also know that He doesn't endorse your petty taunting or your angry reprisals. Tempting others to commit sin is an even bigger one.


Somehow, I suspect a lot of your actions are missing the ol' JC Seal of Approval, too.


There's a big difference betwen being a fallible human and an intentional hypocrite.


I agree, but I think that point is moot here.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 00:38, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 00:30, Chance wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 00:27, abc wrote:
I didn't read all of the above, just a gist skim.
What did Woland say then I can say yes or now. It's not always black or white.


A direct quote by Woland regarding the video is in the very first post. It will help if you watch it to see what we're talking about.


You might want to read that direct quote again yourself. He DID NOT say, as you subsequently attributed to him, that he saw "no racism AT ALL" in the video; he said that "they do not attack him because he is black," which means that the comments about Bush getting the Hitler comments ARE in fact on point, and relevant to Woland's post, thought not your mischaracterization of Woland's position.


I'm waiting for Woland to speak for himself.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Why bother? Just continue to put words in his mouth and then disagree with what he never said. No need to change your M.O. now.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
The Hitler/Bush response is directly relevant to your post, because, as you correctly point out in the FIRST post, what Woland DID say was that people were not attacking Obama because he was black.

"No racism at all" is YOUR mischaracterization of Woland's response to the video.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Anybody wanna place bets on how long it will be before this thread is removed? I'm hoping for tomorrow morning at the latest.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
"I'm waiting for Woland"

There could be an absurdest play in this.

Waiting For Woland

VLADIMIR
I thought it was he.
ESTRAGON
Who?
VLADIMIR
Woland.
ESTRAGON
Pah! The wind in the reeds.
VLADIMIR
I could have sworn I heard shouts.
ESTRAGON
And why would he shout?
VLADIMIR
At his horse.
Silence.
ESTRAGON
(violently) I'm hungry!
VLADIMIR
Do you want a carrot?

.....................................

The play depicts the meaninglessness of life--with its repetitive plot, where nothing much happens.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2750 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2011-05-02 15:19, thorndyke wrote:
I took the time to watch this slide montage - with the sound off as still images with crappy music annoy me. I would say there are racists in the mix.
So, my questions are, did the assembly of these images represent a majority of the people present that day, or are the images cherry picked to produce this result? If the racists were in a minority there, how did the others react to them and are there pictures or audio showing people distancing themselves from the racists? Hitler stuff was used as well on Reagan, Bush elder and junior as well as other conservative leaders and nobody seemed outraged about that.


Let's keep in mind the sign that had the word "niggar" (can't even spell their own insults correctly) had been photoshopped to read "working 4 u" by the tea party people because it was one of their leaders carrying the sign.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 00:31, EsnRedshirt wrote:

"Messiah" is a loaded word- Christians have only one Messiah, and implying it's anyone other than Christ is horribly insulting.

So one group of Christians attaches their term for their Lord to a mortal politician they detest in order to **** off another group of Christians with the same Lord? It may just be me, but something about this does not compute.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20523 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 10:12, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 00:31, EsnRedshirt wrote:

"Messiah" is a loaded word- Christians have only one Messiah, and implying it's anyone other than Christ is horribly insulting.

So one group of Christians attaches their term for their Lord to a mortal politician they detest in order to **** off another group of Christians with the same Lord? It may just be me, but something about this does not compute.


Nope you miss the point let me help. The race card has not worked and he has no real point, so he needs others to simply not say things. Therefore he goes for being a victim of some sort now on perceutorial grounds. Again, this is all so he can keep hating anyone he wants and shooting off his mouth about the rich, or corporations. This is for the single purpose of being able to use the particular type of hate speech he is comfortable with, while not wanting anyone else to "offend" him.

He is not offended in the least. If he is it is only convienent. I have given a perfectly reasonable way in which I will stop using the term. ALL him and ol Chance have to do is stop spouting irrational hatred of corporations and the rich at every turn. All they have to do is live up to the standards they seem to require of me. Walk the walk is all I ask. If not, if they can say things that are hurtful to me, then I guess I have no reason to curb my language either. It SHOULD be a 2 way street.

Maybe if these guys acted more "christian" it would compute more. Such as look at how Jesus talked about and teated his "enemies".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Danny, I'm sorry. I had heard of corporate personhood, but had no idea you were a corporation. (And a filthy rich one at that.) I must have offended you horribly, I had no clue.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 00:44, Chance wrote:
...I'm waiting for Woland to speak for himself.


Isn't the topic "Who agrees with Woland?"
Now you want to change it to "Does Woland agree with himself?"
Changing the rules in the middle of the game is just dirty pool.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
Nope you miss the point let me help. The race card has not worked and he has no real point, so he needs others to simply not say things. Therefore he goes for being a victim of some sort now on perceutorial grounds. Again, this is all so he can keep hating anyone he wants and shooting off his mouth about the rich, or corporations. This is for the single purpose of being able to use the particular type of hate speech he is comfortable with, while not wanting anyone else to "offend" him.

He is not offended in the least. If he is it is only convienent. I have given a perfectly reasonable way in which I will stop using the term. ALL him and ol Chance have to do is stop spouting irrational hatred of corporations and the rich at every turn. All they have to do is live up to the standards they seem to require of me. Walk the walk is all I ask. If not, if they can say things that are hurtful to me, then I guess I have no reason to curb my language either. It SHOULD be a 2 way street.

Maybe if these guys acted more "christian" it would compute more. Such as look at how Jesus talked about and teated his "enemies".


Sorry Danny, but you are wrong on every count. I don't hate you, or anyone else here. And I especially don't hate corporations, which would be like hating a tree or a brick. The only 2 things you have ever seen me take a firm postion on there at the Café are issues that deal with malfeaseance of public office (as with rogue police or politicians), and now racial prejudice.

Think about this Danny, and please think long and hard: You spend your time here defending the rich, and wealthy corporations, and police that break the law. I use my time to defend the weak and the oppressed and the powerless. Which one do you really think is more Christ-like?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-05-03 11:34, Chance wrote:
I use my time to defend the weak and the oppressed and the powerless.


The weak, oppressed, powerless president of the United States of America thanks you for your continued support.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who agrees with Woland? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL