The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who agrees with Woland? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20521 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-05-12 09:57, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-12 08:10, Dannydoyle wrote:
I keep forgetting that everyone who disagrees with the hard left is a liar, a criminal or what not. Nobody actually has a point. I don't know why that keep slipping my mind.

I keep forgetting that facts make no difference. The point is clear.

Yea like all the FACTS involved with Anita Hill? I think I would respect your view of FACTS more if you were to hold radical liberals to the same standard.

The FACT is that Obamamessiah kicked off his political career with a fund raiser in the house of a terrorist. Hmmmm this is not even in dispute and it darn well should exclude him from ever being in public office. Yet this FACT does not seem to bother you in the least. Like I said get back to me when FACTS that do not help you, bother you as much as those that help you. Then the "H" word does not apply.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
What in the name of the flying spaghetti monster does any of this thread have to do with your feelings about Bill Ayers? Out of the blue, Danny. As for Obama there are many worse things to call him out on. Comments were made about Clarence Thomas, and I pointed out some facts about him. Do you think his behavior as Supreme Court Justice is ethical?
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Quote:
On 2011-05-12 12:47, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-12 12:32, landmark wrote:
So the facts are just incidental and don't matter, it's just really racism on the part of his critics?
Did those same racist leftist critics make the same arguments about Thurgood Marshall?
Why does this conversation seem familiar?

Perhaps I'm not making myself clear. I'll try to more clearly emphasize my point.

Yes, the 'facts' (or allegations, with respect to the Anita Hill matter) are just incidental and don't matter WITH RESPECT TO THE FREQUENT CRITICISMS OF HIS INTELLIGENCE. Criticisms on the basis of intelligence are, IMO (having reading numerous Supreme Court decisions in their entirety), disproportionately and unfairly aimed at Thomas, as compared to other justices.

The Thurgood Marshall question suggests that you have missed my point. It would be relevant if I said that his intelligence is being criticized because he's black; I am not saying that. I am saying that it's being criticized BECAUSE HE IS CONSERVATIVE AND THEY CAN'T PLAY THE RACE CARD AGAINST HIM.

Notice that when I said the criticisms are because of his race, I added the word INDIRECTLY. He's not being criticized in this way because he's black and the leftists criticizing him don't like him for the fact that he's black. He's being criticized in this way because he's conservative, and his being black protects him from the race card.

So the Thurgood Marshall analogy is far outside the point - and thus it's NOT the conversation we've heard before; the people I'm talking about like Marshall's politics, so they don't care whether he's white or black. They hate Thomas's politics, and THEY DON'T CARE WHETHER HE'S WHITE OR BLACK EITHER, except that being black, they can't just call him a racist for his policies they way they do (did) with Scalia, Rehnquist, etc. It's a purely strategic factor.
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
Some judges are conservative and not racist.
Some are conservative and racist.
Some are intelligent, conservative, and not racist.
Some are intelligent, conservative, and racist.
Some judges are not racist, but support laws which have racist outcomes.
And so on.

I'm not a judge or lawyer. I rarely read Supreme Court decisions in their entirety and I bow to your expertise there. There has been nothing, however, in Thomas' public pronouncements or hearings that strikes me as particularly intelligent. Nor do I consider his well known reticence to question defendants as intelligent, even given his explanation that he had a childhood fear of speaking in public. The attacks by conservatives on Sotomayer's intelligence during her hearings were not more well founded.
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Some people have no fear of posting in public, but should. It is one thing for people to think you lack intelligence, it is another to post in a public fourm and prove it.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
Harsh. Not even a smiley face for cover?
But I said I bow to Lobo's expertise in this matter of judicial intelligence.
So can you explain to me when we get to impeach this intelligent criminal?
Or do you think him ethical?
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I play the banjo.

Just sayin'.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-05-19 15:51, stoneunhinged wrote:
I play the banjo.

Just sayin'.

Quote:
On 2011-05-18 23:27, Tom Bartlett wrote:

:applause: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

I hereby nominate Tom as forum banjo beatkeeper.

:)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who agrees with Woland? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL